• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wild Card: Saints @ Eagles - this is big time baby

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outcoached. yet again didn't come prepared in the first half. oddly enough, reid was never prepared in the 2nd half. both yeild the same results, knocked out of the playoffs.

Reid wasn't prepared for the second half today either.

Still, this season exceeded my expectations

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Alex Henery, let's go get a new kicker - need to make the kicks in the playoffs

Also, get rid of stiffs like Nate Allen and Kurt Coleman and improve the secondary

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Eagles made the playoffs. They only lost by two points to a good team. We have a lot to look forward to next season.

Yep to an off season of getting this defense better. Find Safeties that can cover, find linebackers that can cover, and add depth to that unit....

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it's time to focus on the Sixers and Flyers...

Oy...

:ohwell:

I was at the Flyers game tonight, and it was 3-1 coyotes then all the sudden its 3-2,3-3, 4-3 then empty netter

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Eagles made the playoffs. They only lost by two points to a good team. We have a lot to look forward to next season.

This was a quote made a year ago by another NFC East team follower:.............."Well, at least we made the playoffs. They only lost because of injury which once recovered points to a good team. We have a lot to look forward to next season."..................Sound familiar???

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
outcoached. yet again didn't come prepared in the first half. oddly enough, reid was never prepared in the 2nd half. both yeild the same results, knocked out of the playoffs.

I don't think you can call it "out coached" in the first half, you want to point fingers in the first half, point it at the Oline since the running was no where to be found and they couldn't pass block as well.

Foles missed jax deep twice, again could've been the lack of pass protection or Foles simply missed.....

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Flyers game tonight, and it was 3-1 coyotes then all the sudden its 3-2,3-3, 4-3 then empty netter

Nice

Flyers are 8-3 over their last 11 games - let's hope they keep that up

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are u kidding me. The Flyers are worst than the Eagles. It's the same song and dance. Struggle, then get hot.....then struggle right before the playoffs....then get hot a little in the playoffs and finally they get tired and realize they're from Philly and lose.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can call it "out coached" in the first half, you want to point fingers in the first half, point it at the Oline since the running was no where to be found and they couldn't pass block as well.

Foles missed jax deep twice, again could've been the lack of pass protection or Foles simply missed.....

i disagree. kelly made plenty of mistakes in my opinion.

- he does not run the ball back to back early on. so as soon as the eagles run it, a defense can easily shift to the pass without fear of getting burned. the only back to back plays to mccoy in the 1st half came when the eagles were trying to convert that 4th down.

- 1st and 10 at the NO 15 in the 1st, kelly AGAIN makes the mistake of doing a trick like type play. not fully, but close enough, with the reverse screen to celek that lost 8. then trying to throw on 2nd and 18 instead of running. sack. missed 48 yarder. those were 3 points easily lost. what was the final score?

- poor clock management again in the 1st half, leaving way too much time for the saints. you get the ball around midfield with 4:12 left, you need to run that clock OUT or close to it. instead he left the saints with nearly 2 minutes and 2 timeouts, to which they moved down and scored a FG.

- 3rd quarter starts and he comes out with 3 passing plays. resulted in an intentional grounding, sack and great field position for the saints.. which they converted into a TD.

- early 4th, down 6, 4th and 1 at the NO 7.. he kicks the FG? WHY? in the 1st half, i'm all for this. with time winding down, at home, 1 yard, deep in saints territory.. why not go for the lead?

- even though the eagles did a decent job on kickoffs, once they went up 24-23, they should have lined a bouncing kick down the field. you give them the ball around the 30-35 instead of risking a big return, which is what happened.

- then they let the one thing happen that they couldn't allow, the saints to slowly move the ball downfield and kill off the clock. they needed to blitz heavy to take away the run and short field. if you get beat deep? you're either down 5 or 7, but you still get the ball back.

they were just outcoached. the saints had 36 runs, the eagles 22. they started the game with back to back running plays and kept it up throughout. they are the poor road team, the ones who can't play in the cold, the ones who suffered a few injuries, the ones who had turnovers.. yet, they were the ones who won.

i don't look forward to next year at all. because if you can't coach when it truly matters, you'll never go anywhere. i've said many times this season "you cannot keep making these mistakes, or else it will cost us." and here we are. a home playoff loss in which we were favorites.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree. kelly made plenty of mistakes in my opinion. etc.

C'mon, you should be coach? Henry makes the missed early FG and things would have been different. And a few dropped passes make a difference. The Saints brought an awesome running game. They bulldogged their way through the Eagles defense. Unstoppable on the last drive and I was there near the 30 yard line. It was brute force. The Eagles came close to winning this game even though the Saints were a step tougher all around. It's too easy to blame the coach.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, it is easy to blame the coach. this is what they are hired for. and the exact reason why they are constantly being fired. look at andy reid yesterday. shocking comeback from the colts? pretty much to everyone except eagles fans. the wasted timeouts, poor play-calling, etc.. that's andy for you.

i've been venting through many games that kelly isn't adjusting until it's too late. did so again yesterday. now the season is over. 22 rushing plays? in the cold? at home? against a mediocre run defense? when you have the best attack in the NFL? yeah, it is easy to blame the coach. i even said so in the opening post.. i hope he comes out pounding the ball. he did the opposite.. and we scored 7 in the 1st half.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly was out-coached in the 1st half. The Eagles offense never got going. However, I am baffled that he did not mix in any other running backs with McCoy.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happen to all these new exciting plays In Chip's offense. He ran the same plays in the Dallas game. The Saints were on every bullshit screen......every short pass to the backs. I dont get it. Where was strange passing formations. :gaah:

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles have now lost 4 straight playoff games dating back to that pathetic performance vs Arizona in the 2008 NFC title game

its getting old fast, regardless of who the coach is

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happen to all these new exciting plays In Chip's offense. He ran the same plays in the Dallas game. The Saints were on every bullshit screen......every short pass to the backs. I dont get it. Where was strange passing formations. :gaah:

You don't need strange passing formations, every time they attempted that dumb wildcat shit with Brad Smith it failed

The offense put up RIDICULOUS numbers and people are complaining about the lack of "exciting" plays in Chip's offense?