• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why would mods lock the thread about the D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the guy was trolling at all.

He made a pretty valid statement after the Bears gave up 45 points to a struggling offense. Then, he asked a follow up question to an answer given. What did he do?

"Oh no! No one can get there feelings hurt!" "He said the defense is bad. My little ears can't POSSIBLY handle that after the entire fan base is saying the exact same thing."

Give me a break... and you wonder why these boards are dead. If you don't let opposing fans post on boards, it really takes half of the fun out of sports forums. That guy was not doing anything wrong.

We're adults... I think we can handle the Chicago Bears defense getting called a disgrace after a disgraceful performance.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after a disgraceful year. They were getting run and passed on before anyone got injured. Alex Brown was talking today how they got this bad when Babich took over calling the plays. The way bass is playing and losses at linebacker I would still like to see Shea stand up at linebacker. He is terrible at end. He looks like Hunter Hillenmeyer out there.

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made a pretty valid statement after the Bears gave up 45 points to a struggling offense. Then, he asked a follow up question to an answer given. What did he do?

"Oh no! No one can get there feelings hurt!" "He said the defense is bad. My little ears can't POSSIBLY handle that after the entire fan base is saying the exact same thing."

Give me a break... and you wonder why these boards are dead. If you don't let opposing fans post on boards, it really takes half of the fun out of sports forums. That guy was not doing anything wrong.

We're adults... I think we cant handle the Chicago Bears defense getting called a disgrace after a disgraceful performance.

Because babies like GoldenSpur can handle the truth so he runs and cries to the MOd to lock it down

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Spur is a Mod.

You flame on the team boards, and it'll get locked...pretty simple, really?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a fan of another team coming here simply to state the obvious to the Bear fans here certainly suggests its a possibility. Wording it another way such as "Hey guys- whats happened to the Bears D" imo, takes on a more honest tone. All that said, I dont think it warranted being locked, either.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, a fan of another team coming here simply to state the obvious to the Bear fans here certainly suggests its a possibility. Wording it another way such as "Hey guys- whats happened to the Bears D" imo, takes on a more honest tone. All that said, I dont think it warranted being locked, either.

Agreed. Heck on another forum I frequent, that is a moderate (in comparison) back and forth BETWEEN Bear fans.

>shrugs<

DT911

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Spur is a Mod.

You flame on the team boards, and it'll get locked...pretty simple, really?

So you cant come onto another teams board to do some friendly trash talking? No wonder ESPN shut down their team boards

C

cubzzzfanincali

Calling a spade a spade is "flaming"?

The Bears defense sucks right now. I don't see how that is controversial or "flaming."

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling a spade a spade is "flaming"?

The Bears defense sucks right now. I don't see how that is controversial or "flaming."

Exactly... He pretty much said what every single one of us is thinking. So I have no idea why it would hurt more that he said it, than it would us.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go on Seahawks boards and trash talk them. It's pretty self explanatory. Fans of a certain team should be able to discuss their team without being harassed by trolls. It's not that difficult to understand.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go on Seahawks boards and trash talk them. It's pretty self explanatory. Fans of a certain team should be able to discuss their team without being harassed by trolls. It's not that difficult to understand.

You have a pretty broad definition of harassment.

If nobody wanted to respond to the guy, they didn't have to. Personally, I engaged the guy, and he asked a very "non-trollish" follow up question about the injuries to the Bears defense.

It's not like he called my child a disgrace. It's a football team that I root for. Sheesh. I don't get why the mods would step in unless there's a clear problem that's bothering the posters. Whatever, I'm not trying to go after the mods (aka big brother). I don't want to be next!

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a pretty broad definition of harassment.

If nobody wanted to respond to the guy, they didn't have to. Personally, I engaged the guy, and he asked a very "non-trollish" follow up question about the injuries to the Bears defense.

It's not like he called my child a disgrace. It's a football team that I root for. Sheesh. I don't get why the mods would step in unless there's a clear problem that's bothering the posters. Whatever, I'm not trying to go after the mods (aka big brother). I don't want to be next!

no trolling of team boards has been a long standing rule here ... you may do that in the nfl general section

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no trolling of team boards has been a long standing rule here ... you may do that in the nfl general section

Yeah I'm not sure what richig is bitching about.

It's very clear. No trolling

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not sure what richig is bitching about.

It's very clear. No trolling

His bitching and trouble-making is really getting old and tired.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
richig, we have a policy against fans of other teams starting negative threads about another team on its board. You are free to start a thread complaining about the D yourself, though (not much you guys can do about the injuries, tbh).

Status
Not open for further replies.