• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why There Is Little, If Any, Downside In Signing La'El Collins And How We Can Get Him To Sign

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the rumors of domestic violence are true? That is not the profile of any player Scot is looking to add to the team.

They probably are true, and, yes, that's not someone who fits into Scot's normal player profile. But I'd submit that Collins is truly a special and unique case. Of course, my standards are lower than his, so this is JMHO only.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that she was shot because she wouldnt let the guy borrow her car or something like that. There were no other details where that story came from. But if true, I don't see how he would have been involved at all.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that she was shot because she wouldnt let the guy borrow her car or something like that. There were no other details where that story came from. But if true, I don't see how he would have been involved at all.

If that's true and Collins had zip to do with her murder, what a crap sandwich did he just have to eat.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the rumors of domestic violence are true? That is not the profile of any player Scot is looking to add to the team.
First, does anyone know if these are more than just rumors of DV? Next, the risk is low in signing him as an UDFA, unlike if we drafted him. In the contract, you have a stipulation that the team can void the deal at anytime, including any guarantees, if any charges are raised in either the existing murder case or any future or past DV incidents. I'm sure all teams considering him will have such a stipulation.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, does anyone know if these are more than just rumors of DV? Next, the risk is low in signing him as an UDFA, unlike if we drafted him. In the contract, you have a stipulation that the team can void the deal at anytime, including any guarantees, if any charges are raised in either the existing murder case or any future or past DV incidents. I'm sure all teams considering him will have such a stipulation.
Nope. Haven't seen any confirmation and I've looked. Could be someone just slandering.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. But if there's even a whiff of the allegations being true, that's enough for most teams to back off.