• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why the players love Derek Fisher

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's really only one reason why Fisher is loved so much by his peers and why he got elected as President of the Players Union. It's his uncanny ability to weasel out of a contract. Can you really blame a player for taking a liking to a guy like that? Unless, of course, that particular player played on the Jazz and Mavs teams that got hosed by Fisher.

All in all when you think about it, it was Fisher who was the one who first set the example for the superteam era. Sure, he wasn't a star when he pulled his stunt on the Jazz, but once the actual stars took notice to Fisher's success after screwing the Jazz, they decided "Hey, if he can do it, so can we!" - Bitch and moan as long as you can and you'll eventually get what you want.

If only I could be this spoiled at my job. And I don't even steal as big a paycheck as these guys do...

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitch and moan like you do about other posters?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricane:

I don't know what your problem with Derek Fisher is, but you are so fuckin full of shit because you really don't know what the hell you are tallking about. Derek Fisher is the ideal player that does what he is asked to do and gives the game everything he has. He is not highly talented, but his leadership off the court is really valuable. Fisher is not just liked by Lakers fans dude. He is well loved by the players as well and they followed his lead in the cba negotiations. When Bill Hunter gave him a 100K watch his response was to call for an audit of the records - which is a normal procedure after each cba negotiation and that audit disclosed nepotism and wasteful spending which led to Hunter's being terminated.

Fisher left Utah because his daughter had freaking rare type of cancer and he needed to be in a town where all of the doctors could work together. He signed a long term contract in good faith and they responded by trading him to a losing team with a losing record and he walked away from guaranteed money each time he left and took a reduction in pay - Tell me what other player in the NBA has walked away from a guaranteed contract and explain how anyone got screwed. SO WITH ALL DUE RESPECT

:stfu:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitch and moan like you do about other posters?

So you agree that it was Fisher who was actually the one that set the blueprint for the superteam era? Carmelo bitched his way out of Denver, Dwight bitched his way out of Orlando, and now it seems as if Kevin Love will bitch his way out of Minnesota.

These guys probably took the mindset that "Hey, if a marginal role player like Fish can do it, so can we!"