• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why not expand the ncaa tourney to 96 teams

SHADYBILLY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
right now they only have 65 teams, which 60 of these teams have no chance of winning. So why not have 96 teams where 90 teams have no chance of winning. I do understand for the die hard basketball fan this is heaven, but being from Nebraska I really could care less who wins. I can say if there was a 65 game playoff in football I would sit and watch almost every game and be the happiest fan in the world, even tho I would know there only a handfull of teams would have any chance of winning. I also have to admit that I have no desire to watch the women's tournament even tho Nu is a number 1 seed!!!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when people hear about expansion, they for some reason don't realize that it's basically only 1 more game in the tournament... I don't really see how it could "ruin" anything

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
why not expand the BCS to 15 bowl games?

because too many teams getting in takes away from the prestige of the event

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when people hear about expansion, they for some reason don't realize that it's basically only 1 more game in the tournament... I don't really see how it could "ruin" anything

It won't ruin anything. It's all the schools that bitch and moan about not getting in the tourny in the first place.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Okla St and Georgia Tech appeal more to me than Okla st vs St Mary.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because Okla St and Georgia Tech appeal more to me than Okla st vs St Mary.

Personally I think St. Mary's is better than Georgia Tech....but then again all 3 of those teams are in the NCAA tourney this year ;). I think I know what you are getting at though. Maybe Oklahoma State vs. St. Louis University would be a better example.

husker33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Becuase you get enough mediocre teams when you bring in 65. Why add more. The additional teams you add wont win the NC. whats the point. its fine the way it is.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Personally I think they need less games. Like has been mentioned the more schools get into the tournament (basketball), the more bowl games (football) and whatever other thing for the other sports does take away from what the tournament or bowls use to mean. It use to be a really big deal to make it to a bowl game now you have 6-6 teams making it.

The everyone deserves a shot and the only way to give everyone the attaboy is to allow them into the tournament is just wrong in my book. The season is the tournament playoff (if you want a playoff there it is) and the reward is being good enough through the playoff of the season to make it to the premier game or tournament for your sport. The more teams included the more you are saying excellence means nothing. And what of the more chances for injuries.

I remember when the bowl games you heard about were the Orange, Cotton, and Rose bowls. I seem to remember 5 major bowl and now schools get mad if they do not get invited to the right level bowl in their mind. Have fewer bowls (or teams in tournaments) makes it so making it to them really means something more than a nice vacation spot and maybe getting on national TV.

On the NCAA and adding to it. Besides what is mentioned above I do not want more teams cause I hate the way basketball takes over TV for the weeks that the NCAA is running through its course. I do not want all my other shows canceled for a basketball game esp the way they do here during the NCAA tournament.