• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why kyle over cox?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the back up return man? kyle has never hit the end zone as a return man while cox seemed to have some good success in college.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about Cox as a return man, and I'm scared by fears of fumbles every time kyle touches the ball, but Kyle does look very explosive to me every time he touches the ball, if he can learn to hold the ball i'm sure he could eventually become a threat.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's never scored a td on returns...

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm actually ok with giving Kyle Williams another chance during the PRESEASON and even the REGULAR season. Let's see if he's over it.

If he fumbles vs. Green Bay then at least you know maybe he's not cut out for it, and you can recover from one regular season loss if it ends up being a loss.

Just PLEASE don't insert him in there in the NFC championship game when he wasn't used to it.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's never scored a td on returns...

and how many has cox returned in the NFL?

Williams return average is superior to Cox on kickoffs and punts.

While Williams doesn't actually have any TDs yet, he has broken some big returns that where a defender away from going all the way. I don't think it's much a stretch to say it's only a matter of time before Williams breaks free and gets one, when he isn't being an indecisive retard on the catch he does look explosive as anyone on the field.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A small part might have to do with the coaching staff making a big deal that it wasn't Kyle Williams fault that the 49ers lost the NFC Championship. So they are trying to keep the integrity of that message alive by not punishing him for past deeds.

Mostly though, I guess it is just because the coaching staff feels he is the next best returner after Ginn. Cox has probably also spent more time picking up his responsibilities in the secondary, while only spending limited time on kick return duties.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yesterday KW looked good judging punts, catching punts, and securing the ball. we want someone good in these fundamentals first. any big return or touchdown is gravy.

if KW is currently the best PR, then use him. the more experience he gets, the better he gets in the clutch.

any PR can fumble the ball on any punt, unfortunately KW will get 'whacked' soon as his next one occurs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A small part might have to do with the coaching staff making a big deal that it wasn't Kyle Williams fault that the 49ers lost the NFC Championship. So they are trying to keep the integrity of that message alive by not punishing him for past deeds.

Mostly though, I guess it is just because the coaching staff feels he is the next best returner after Ginn. Cox has probably also spent more time picking up his responsibilities in the secondary, while only spending limited time on kick return duties.

IMO it makes more sense letting Cox focus on CB and NB, especially NB. thats an area where injuries can occur quickly.

while KW is the 4th WR, and not likely to get much reps.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it makes more sense letting Cox focus on CB and NB, especially NB. thats an area where injuries can occur quickly.

while KW is the 4th WR, and not likely to get much reps.

Agreed, if players are limited to a certain number of reps because of the new CBA (not sure if this is accurate, just a guess on my part)... I'd much rather have Cox spend more time in coverage situations and learning that area. I like the idea of just giving him enough so that if Ginn and Williams get hurt, he isn't starting from scratch when they assign KR/PR duties to him.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, if players are limited to a certain number of reps because of the new CBA (not sure if this is accurate, just a guess on my part)... I'd much rather have Cox spend more time in coverage situations and learning that area. I like the idea of just giving him enough so that if Ginn and Williams get hurt, he isn't starting from scratch when they assign KR/PR duties to him.

He can probably do both. However, i think he's more valuable as a cover guy than Kyle is as a WR (all though it's very close). Cox should definitely be ahead of Brock on the depth chart.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how many has cox returned in the NFL?

Williams return average is superior to Cox on kickoffs and punts.

While Williams doesn't actually have any TDs yet, he has broken some big returns that where a defender away from going all the way. I don't think it's much a stretch to say it's only a matter of time before Williams breaks free and gets one, when he isn't being an indecisive retard on the catch he does look explosive as anyone on the field.

cox averaged a td every 30 or so attempts in college. he hasn't even had a shot in the nfl. kyle has nothing in college or the pros.

kyle might be lucky and get one, but cox looks to be the better option without even considering 'special circumstances'.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Neither one is a great return man. Good maybe. Let's hope Ginn can stay healthy and this becomes a moot point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
cox averaged a td every 30 or so attempts in college. he hasn't even had a shot in the nfl. kyle has nothing in college or the pros.

kyle might be lucky and get one, but cox looks to be the better option without even considering 'special circumstances'.

you can't just decide who's better by the number of times they scored? what if Cox had a TD every 30th time but fumbled every 15th? i believe they gave him a tryout back in OTA or TC? but apparently they feel its not there, else why would they NOT let him continue?

anyways, first you have to see how they judge the punts while in the air, how they catch it, how they secure it when getting hit (hard), then worry about how far they run.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can't just decide who's better by the number of times they scored? what if Cox had a TD every 30th time but fumbled every 15th? i believe they gave him a tryout back in OTA or TC? but apparently they feel its not there, else why would they NOT let him continue?

anyways, first you have to see how they judge the punts while in the air, how they catch it, how they secure it when getting hit (hard), then worry about how far they run.

Williams, I'm sure is now a lot better than that infamous game, but each of those things was violated in the game. "Judging the punts while in the air" - diving catch and even on the ground he didn't judge it well before it hit him in the knee (man, I wish there hadn't been conclusive evidence). "How they catch it" - diving. "How they secure it when getting hit" - last fumble. "How far they run" - here's the positive into field goal territory game tying field goal return.

But this is neither here nor there, because it's how he's doing those things now (and presumably into the future) that matters.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

results matter. we don't know what cox will do as a return man in the nfl but coming out of college one of cox's biggest pluses was his return ability.

cox has shown big play ability in the return game but hasn't been used in that capacity in the nfl. kyle hasn't shown any big play ability in the return game.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguana-Would you want Williams on the roster if he was purely a WR? Just seeing if your argument is strictly Williams vs. Cox as a PR or if you don't want Williams on the roster regardless.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iguana-Would you want Williams on the roster if he was purely a WR? Just seeing if your argument is strictly Williams vs. Cox as a PR or if you don't want Williams on the roster regardless.

i want a return man who can score. something we didn't have for many years before we got ginn. cox has shown the ability in college to be a return man.

kyle is our best option as our #4 wr. i'm hoping jenkins can beat him out but jenkins seems to be slow picking up the nfl game.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle over Cox because I want Cox 100% focused on playing nickel corner.