• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Isn't Lovie Coaching?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't his job.

Trestman doesn't coach the defense either.

That's a cop out. As the HC it's ultimately his job to make sure the offense is productive. If Trestman isn't getting it done, then Lovie either needs to overrides him or make a coaching change.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a cop out. As the HC it's ultimately his job to make sure the offense is productive. If Trestman isn't getting it done, then Lovie either needs to overrides him or make a coaching change.

He made four changes in his time here...

I realize it's a cop out, and I do give some of the blame to Lovie. I just don't give ALL of the blame to a guy for an offense that he didn't coach. Not to mention, an offense without much of any talent TO COACH.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made four changes in his time here...

I realize it's a cop out, and I do give some of the blame to Lovie. I just don't give ALL of the blame to a guy for an offense that he didn't coach. Not to mention, an offense without much of any talent TO COACH.

So why not draft some offensive talent? I'm not putting all on him either. I'm just making an observation.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it? They weren't exactly known as a come-from-behind team...No way we'd be 3-0...one, if not both of the 4th comebacks wouldn't have happened, and going to Pittsburgh for a Primetime Sunday nite game? That has Lovie's shit-your-pants routine written all over it.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade him for Schwartz in a hot minute...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand Schwartz's schtick. Little man syndrome for Frenchie LaFee.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like who Lovie is as a person, leader, motivator and defensive mind. That said, he wouldn't know a good offense from a doughnut.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?
Where is there anything in this thread that makes you say that?

If you read it again it says, I've seen this topic brought up and it has usually been about race. I didn't say anyone on this thread has said that and as far as I know, no one has. It was probably on ESPN. I can't remember. It always turned into a race war on ESPN for sure. It's been a nonissue here.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read it again it says, I've seen this topic brought up and it has usually been about race. I didn't say anyone on this thread has said that and as far as I know, no one has. It was probably on ESPN. I can't remember. It always turned into a race war on ESPN for sure. It's been a nonissue here.

Ahhh... I see.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lovie is a top 10 coach he will be working again soon. I hope he finds a good GM this time, his only down fall was not in his control (drafting).

Lovie had significant impact in drafting. The Lovie apologists always want to ignore this. And you can't be a top 10 coach when you are that bad on the offensive side of the ball. Coaches usually better on one side of the ball than the other but he showed he wasn't able to manage, build, or put together the right staff to run an offense.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't his job.

You can't give Lovie a pass simply because his background is on the defensive side of the ball. That doesn't make sense. Lovie is the head coach. He manages both sides. If he is only able to coach/manage defense then he should stay a defensive coordinator.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't his job.

It was his job as HC to control the whole team. O, D, Sts. It was his job to find a competant OC.
It was also his job to evaluate the talent @ all 3 phases.
It was also his job to evaluate the coaches he hired.
How could you say it wasn't his job?
Putting the wrong coaching staff together on the O side of the ball is ALL ON LOVIE.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Mike Tice became the OC, i lost my fucking mind. Thats when i knew the D and ST would not be able to keep it up. Mike fucking Tice.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny.

I don't get why everyone is so enamored with Chico? Maybe if he would've focused on the job at hand, instead looking elsewhere, our D wouldn't have been shredded in the second half of the SB, by Peyton and the Colts O.

He wanted to be a HC, not a coordinator. He put all his eggs in that basket, and the shit didn't work out, (at least for a few years). Rivera WANTED to leave, and the Bears obliged. Nobody wants an employee, that doesn't want to be there??

Plus, it's not like he's went on to win multiple SB's!?

I don't get the love? It was Lovie's Defense that he ran??

Lovie drove me nuts, but for every Bears fan to think that losing Chico was the problem, well, that's just ridiculous.