• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is UConn a 7th seed?

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, UConn actually beat Florida back in December. UConn finished 12-6 in conference play with one bad loss to Houston. Um, did the NCAA get the seeding wrong?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got a lot of seedings wrong. Louisville a 4?? IA ST a 3? Both should have been higher up, but with Wichita ST going undefeated and being ranked 1 in the country it was difficult to not make them a 1 even though they were probably more of a 3 seed. IA St would probably be p;laying for the title if Niang didn't get hurt.

As usual teams like Duke and Creighton were way over-rated. How does Creighton get a 3 seed. They lost to fucking Providence!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, UConn actually beat Florida back in December. UConn finished 12-6 in conference play with one bad loss to Houston. Um, did the NCAA get the seeding wrong?

They beat 3 tournament teams, Florida (when they were short handed) at home, Cincy and Memphis, including multiple wins over the latter two.

Their RPI wasn't that great , they weren't ranked very high. The got annihilated by Louisville 3 times.

They may have been of by one spot, but 1) who cares if they missed it by 1 and 2) they do that intentionally on occasion in order to avoid matchups from earlier in the season, and to accommodate locations.

If you think they should have been higher than a 6, then who would you drop down below them?

I thought heading into the tourney they looked like a pretty pedestrian team.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they had some bad losses where they were blown out, and the committee must have discounted the Florida win since we were short handed which was more than made up for last night with that turd we laid.

Also you had teams ranked higher like Wichita who actually played nobody special all year except Tenn but they had to give a top seed to else people would riot. Add to that the perception of strength by teams in the ACC like Duke and company who will always gets ranked 1-2 spots higher than they should based on brand equity and perception.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they were the seed they should have been. They just were the team that got extremely hot at the right time and now are going to the Championship, which I hope they lose!

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boatwright and Napier are the two best tandem guards in America. They easily beat Florida at Florida's game: being good guard play and getting turn overs. It's about the match ups. Because Florida is small inside; the Gators did not enjoy a significant rebound advantage. Kentucky is quite another matter and those small guards will see some of their shots blocked on the inside. Have to give it up to UConn for taking out MSU and Florida; both good teams.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize UCONN was a phantom foul (and I watched it on a HUUUUUGE tv at the bar, it was an AWFUL call) away from losing in the first round to St. Joes, right? I think they were seeded just fine, got lucky with a few matchups (cmon maaaan 'Nova a 2 seed? ISU without Niang) and then played lights out defense against the two best teams they have faced MSU and Florida.

They got hot, and Shabazz and Boatright are studs and Deandre Daniels is playing the best basketball of his life. No need to overthink it, especially when most people thought that if something crazy like a 7 and 8 seed reaching the FF was ever going to happen it would be this year.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boatwright was either on or off all yr. when he was on he was amazing. when he was off he was brutal. he has been on the entire tourney. daniels suddenly became a deadly 3 pt shooter. they were a team that let the opponents back in games all yr by playing stall ball. the aac wasn't a very good conference imo(I know Kramer will disagree). ville beat the crap out of them twice in the final wk of the season. if st joes didn't wet the bed in the final 3 minutes conn would have been 1 and out. they just put things together in the rd of 32 and haven't looked back. the seeding was proper

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK was underseeded as well.