• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is Hue Jackson in demand?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Fair, but like you mentioned in Houston and maybe to a lesser extent in Philly, you can build as solid a roster as you want, if you have Tom Savage playing the most important position, it doesnt amount to a hill of beans

if you think Kizer is a guy they can build a playoff contender around, than I would trade that #1 for sure....If not, Im just torn over how many more QB's they can pass on that go ahead and turn NFL frnachises around

I'm by no means sold on Kizer, but I also don't see any Peyton Mannings in the draft this coming year. If the Browns are able to get some WR help (maybe Gordon coming back? lol, if he can stay on the field), it will help Kizer a ton. Besides, if they really like some of the QBs in the class, I'm sure they will be able to pick them up later in the first or second with their huge arsenal of picks in those rounds.

You don't need an elite QB to win if the rest of the team is built up...but the Browns aren't exactly built up yet either. IMO, you have to take the best available since they have so many needs all over the field.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm by no means sold on Kizer, but I also don't see any Peyton Mannings in the draft this coming year. If the Browns are able to get some WR help (maybe Gordon coming back? lol, if he can stay on the field), it will help Kizer a ton. Besides, if they really like some of the QBs in the class, I'm sure they will be able to pick them up later in the first or second with their huge arsenal of picks in those rounds.

You don't need an elite QB to win if the rest of the team is built up...but the Browns aren't exactly built up yet either. IMO, you have to take the best available since they have so many needs all over the field.

I love Corey Coleman, especially if Gordon can return and stay out there

if the rookie TE can develop, between Crowell and Duke, thats not a bad set of skill guys to start with

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Fair, but like you mentioned in Houston and maybe to a lesser extent in Philly, you can build as solid a roster as you want, if you have Tom Savage playing the most important position, it doesnt amount to a hill of beans

if you think Kizer is a guy they can build a playoff contender around, than I would trade that #1 for sure....If not, Im just torn over how many more QB's they can pass on that go ahead and turn NFL frnachises around

Actually it does, and that's the point. IF you can have the parts set in place or really close, then you can insert a QB either through the draft or FA and they can have a chance to be successful.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it does, and that's the point. IF you can have the parts set in place or really close, then you can insert a QB either through the draft or FA and they can have a chance to be successful.

Not that easy though...The Browns have been failing at doing so forever....Id rather start a franchise like the Bears have, grab the franchise QB (or the guy they think is) and build around him

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that easy though...The Browns have been failing at doing so forever....Id rather start a franchise like the Bears have, grab the franchise QB (or the guy they think is) and build around him
I would rather build the team and then get the QB like the Seahawks or Chiefs did, but I guess that's just a difference in opinion.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather build the team and then get the QB like the Seahawks did, but I guess that's just a difference in opinion.

Not sure in Seattles' case that was predetrmined.....Wilson fell in their lap as one of the greatest steals in NFL history

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure in Seattles' case that was predetrmined.....Wilson fell in their lap as one of the greatest steals in NFL history
Ravens? Chiefs?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens? Chiefs?

You and I both know if Cleveland trades the #1, we will be looking back in a couple of years watching either Rosen or Darnald or Rudolph or whoever, saying "Yup, Cleveland passed on that guy leading his team to the postseason"

Never fails, I think some teams can build it the way you say, I think Cleveland may be the exception

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Eagles had a solid core before Wentz got in there.

With Joe Thomas, the Oline is not too shabby

The defense, statistically this season, is not nearly as bad as people think

If Josh Gordon ever stayed on the field, he, Corey Coleman and the rookie TE, they could have something

And you could do a lot worse than Crowell and Duke Johnson

I think they are AT LEAST a QB away, but the foundation of something is better than people think

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, the browns have been trying to do exactly that since their re-inception and have consistently failed. How many first round QBs have the browns taken since coming back? (just looked, its 4).

Add to that a number of 2nd and 3rd round guys and a plethora of free agents....just look at the infamous QB jersey they have.

They've been desperately trying to find a franchise QB to build around for years. It hasn't worked. Now they're going about it the opposite way: building everything else first, which is a longer rebuild but potentially a much stronger foundation for the team. IMO, that's the correct way to do it.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Joe Thomas, the Oline is not too shabby

The defense, statistically this season, is not nearly as bad as people think

If Josh Gordon ever stayed on the field, he, Corey Coleman and the rookie TE, they could have something

And you could do a lot worse than Crowell and Duke Johnson

I think they are AT LEAST a QB away, but the foundation of something is better than people think

Add to their current roster: 2 first round picks and 3 second round picks this coming year (potentially more if they trade away the #1 overall).

They need more help in the secondary, at LB, and at WR (aside from the obvious QB needs) and can fill those needs with very high quality play makers in this draft alone. Alongside the current high level picks they have contributing, you can picture the long game strategy they've been setting up start to come together.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Eagles had a solid core before Wentz got in there.

Um a little, I mean two top OT's and a young Dline...
They actually went out last off season and shopped, wide outs, a stable of running backs.
Then hit on two rookie corners that will excel in the league, (which was huge) plus the trade for Darby.

I hear what your saying and what @DirtDirtDirt is saying how to build it and when to get your QB, and to be honest I think both of you have valid points..

1# you want him to grow into the system, ( but how much of a beating are you handing him week in and week out with no oline)

2# contract wise you could have it all built up, younger players under contracts and locked up for a while then forking out the cash for a starting QB

3# the bottomline is the window of time as a coach, I mean 5 yrs just doesn't count anymore, its 3 years and you better be showing a surge up, plus the coaching staff. Goff was written off as a damn bust last year under Fisher, now, he's the talk of town.....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 0-16 2017 Browns say hello right back......

Oh yeah? Well the '08 Lions didn't didn't get a parade in their honor. Take that Detroit!