• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Don't The Cavs Trade Lebron?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for the ad hominem attack. The core team and coach is superior to the Cavs and that's obvious. The C's coach is superior and that's obvious. The bench is equal at worst if anything the C's have more potential depending on how Taytum performs. I mean the Cavs have washed up players in Kover, Richardson, combined with Rose who snaps his knee every other year and Crowder who is a nice role player but chucks way too much and is very short for his position.

No it isn't. You keep saying that Boston won 1 game and almost took a second in Cleveland. What you fail to mention is that they lost by 800 points in the 3 home games. The series wasn't competitive at all, aside from the 2 games Cleveland coasted as they sometimes do.

IT was 5th in MVP voting last year. Avery Bradley was an All defensive team caliber player and a solid contributor offensively. Crowder is very solid too.

Yes, the Celtics added talent, but they lost their heart and soul. Kyrie is the "better player", but I will be shocked if he has as much impact on the 2018 Celtics as IT did on the '17 version.

Also, if IT is healthy, IT + Crowder will help Cleveland as much, maybe more than Kyrie did.

You say the Cavs bench is washed up, but experience wins in the playoffs. If that isn't enough, LeBron and IT will be extremely motivated for this personal grudge match. Kyrie will be too, but he isn't good enough to will a team to victory like Lebron is. Boston is not beating Cleveland in a playoff series this year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do.

Payroll will be well over 400 million if they max both. I think they may be able to make enough to survive that.
with revenue sharing, how they split apparal
I agree with Brown as he hasn't been close to what was expected but he could eventually be passed up by Taytum. Smart is a great all around player but must develop his jumper. I like him as the sixth man. Baynes is a good C off the bench with experience. Come playoff time teams normally elect to play their starters 40 + minutes anyways so just having 2 good bench players is normally enough. If you want to talk about depth look at the Cavs. They have nothing off the bench. As soon as LBJ goes to the bench they get destroyed. Rose is nice but there's a high probability of his knee snapping with more minutes. C's are not relying on young talent as you say since their core is in their prime. Having a great coach and staff can hide the fact that yes some of their bench players are young but will be playing in a great system like the Spurs.
you talk about Baynes and Morris like they are anything but weaknesses.

They are decent players on decent teams--- both of them--- but we are talking about winning the East here.

A front court of Horford/Morris/Baynes is just simply not good enough.

That and the Celtics only have 2 guys who are consistently good 3 pt shooters- and both those are will be heavily relied on to create offense.

Not only that- but who guards LeBron?

dont get me wrong- i like the Celtics- and if i was them i would have made the same moves i think. But that doesnt mean they are equipped to beat the Cavs.

Danny still has assets though- if he could bring in a big man that is a real championship caliber front court player- it gets a LOT closer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. You keep saying that Boston won 1 game and almost took a second in Cleveland. What you fail to mention is that they lost by 800 points in the 3 home games. The series wasn't competitive at all, aside from the 2 games Cleveland coasted as they sometimes do.

IT was 5th in MVP voting last year. Avery Bradley was an All defensive team caliber player and a solid contributor offensively. Crowder is very solid too.

Yes, the Celtics added talent, but they lost their heart and soul. Kyrie is the "better player", but I will be shocked if he has as much impact on the 2018 Celtics as IT did on the '17 version.

Also, if IT is healthy, IT + Crowder will help Cleveland as much, maybe more than Kyrie did.

You say the Cavs bench is washed up, but experience wins in the playoffs. If that isn't enough, LeBron and IT will be extremely motivated for this personal grudge match. Kyrie will be too, but he isn't good enough to will a team to victory like Lebron is. Boston is not beating Cleveland in a playoff series this year.
say Dwade signs- as expected

right NOW- and thats before potential trades or roster buyouts---

the Cavs bench would be something like:

Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose, Kyle Korver, Jeff Green, Channing Frye (im assuming Shumpert is dealt and Wade comes in).

what is that against? Tatum, Brown, Baynes, Yabusale, Rozier?

2-3 years from now? DEFINITELY the Celtics bench

this year? Has to be the Cavs.

Cavs present matchup problems with the Celtics.

as i have said-

the Celtics need more rebounding, more 3 pt shooting, and someone that can guard LeBron.

If Hayward has to guard LeBron- he is going to lose effectiveness on the offensive side. Tatum is 19 years old. Brown is 20. That is not good for business.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They did but two of those blowouts was due to the fact they kept force feed a 50% IT which made things even worse and he was guarding LBJ which was hilarious.

MVP voting is meaningless now days. Bradley did improve dramatically on offense and was solid on D but I expect Smart to replace him with no issues. Crowder was ok in the C's system/coach but now he's going to a team with no system/coach and will be a mediocre player at best if not a liability since he likes to chuck it.

Kyrie won't have to do as much as IT did last season with the additions of the Big in Morris and the All Star in Hayward.

Grudge match is irrelevant to the coaching match and Stevens will win that every time with the more level playing field.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with revenue sharing, how they split apparal

you talk about Baynes and Morris like they are anything but weaknesses.

They are decent players on decent teams--- both of them--- but we are talking about winning the East here.

A front court of Horford/Morris/Baynes is just simply not good enough.

That and the Celtics only have 2 guys who are consistently good 3 pt shooters- and both those are will be heavily relied on to create offense.

Not only that- but who guards LeBron?

dont get me wrong- i like the Celtics- and if i was them i would have made the same moves i think. But that doesnt mean they are equipped to beat the Cavs.

Danny still has assets though- if he could bring in a big man that is a real championship caliber front court player- it gets a LOT closer.

Morris is a 14 ppg scorer and has improved every year in scoring. His defensive numbers are better than Love and he's a stronger player and stays relatively healthy when compared to love. Horford and Morris are much better scorers than Love/Tristan.

No need to guard Lebron. We'll let him have his and lock down everyone else like the Spurs did to 05 LBJ.

You continue to forget the fact that the C's coach/system/coaching staff is vastly superior to the crap that the Cavs have. Even if the Cavs do end up having a slight advantage on the court with the bench I'd give the advantage to the C's due to superior coaching.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did but two of those blowouts was due to the fact they kept force feed a 50% IT which made things even worse and he was guarding LBJ which was hilarious.

MVP voting is meaningless now days. Bradley did improve dramatically on offense and was solid on D but I expect Smart to replace him with no issues. Crowder was ok in the C's system/coach but now he's going to a team with no system/coach and will be a mediocre player at best if not a liability since he likes to chuck it.

Kyrie won't have to do as much as IT did last season with the additions of the Big in Morris and the All Star in Hayward.

Grudge match is irrelevant to the coaching match and Stevens will win that every time with the more level playing field.

It isn't close to level though man. You have 2 die hard Celtic fans who both liked the trade telling you the same thing I am. That should be an indication that you might be wrong.

But, the best part is that it will be really obvious in about 9 months.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do.

Payroll will be well over 400 million if they max both. I think they may be able to make enough to survive that.

I'm not so sure. As a Ws fan I'm following all the local reports, and my feeling is while brass is willing to take a hit for now, as the hits get bigger eventually they will say they did their part. After probably 4 championships in 5 years they can say hey we did our part.

Also, I'm not so sure Klay and Dray don't want to leave after 4 in 5. They may want a new challenge. They may not, I doubt either one is thinking about it right now.

It will always be Curry and KD's team going forward. Like George Harrison, the other Beatles may want to go their own way.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for the ad hominem attack. The core team and coach is superior to the Cavs and that's obvious. The C's coach is superior and that's obvious. The bench is equal at worst if anything the C's have more potential depending on how Taytum performs. I mean the Cavs have washed up players in Kover, Richardson, combined with Rose who snaps his knee every other year and Crowder who is a nice role player but chucks way too much and is very short for his position.

That's the fun of sports, we all have our opinions and then we see who was right on the court.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't close to level though man. You have 2 die hard Celtic fans who both liked the trade telling you the same thing I am. That should be an indication that you might be wrong.

But, the best part is that it will be really obvious in about 9 months.

2 random fans is meaningless. I will bookmark this thread for you and others to eat crow.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. But I'd gladly eat crow if the Celts go to the Finals.

Ok, I'll hold you to it and I'll eat crow as well if it doesn't happen.

Don't forget Semi Ojeleye aka the next Draymond Green on roids. Dude is undersized at 6'7" but he's 240 lbs of pure muscle at 6% body fat, a 40 inch vert a pure shot at 43 % and can finish at the rim like no other. It will be interesting to see how he does as the 4th man off the bench but with his work ethic, athleticism, and talent I think he can become the starting 4 very soon despite being short.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I'll hold you to it and I'll eat crow as well if it doesn't happen.

Don't forget Semi Ojeleye aka the next Draymond Green on roids. Dude is undersized at 6'7" but he's 240 lbs of pure muscle at 6% body fat, a 40 inch vert a pure shot at 43 % and can finish at the rim like no other. It will be interesting to see how he does as the 4th man off the bench but with his work ethic, athleticism, and talent I think he can become the starting 4 very soon despite being short.
Yep. But...hes a rookie and needs time to develop, just like Yabu and Theis...which is what I was talking about.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. But...hes a rookie and needs time to develop, just like Yabu and Theis...which is what I was talking about.

Touché

For the most part I was talking about the core players but yes the bench is very young and the C's will have to hope they develop fast and have no injuries with the starters.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 random fans is meaningless. I will bookmark this thread for you and others to eat crow.

It is meaningful though.

Fans are usually more optimistic about their own team than anybody else would be. If you polled Celtic fans, I bet less than a third would say they think their team is better than Cleveland this upcoming season.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a NTC. That and even if they traded Lebron they would never get his full value no matter who they got.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some posters open up the most idiotic threads? That's the real question.
Many posters here do open up idiotic threads but you don't need to reply to them if you find them beneath your dignity.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is meaningful though.

Fans are usually more optimistic about their own team than anybody else would be. If you polled Celtic fans, I bet less than a third would say they think their team is better than Cleveland this upcoming season.
Cleveland's a better team, yes... a huge part of that is LeBron... but even beyond that, they are a terrible match-up for Boston.

The Cav's would bludgeon the C's on the boards... and a motivated LeBron would put up 35+ any time he wanted to.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose Klay, they are still hands down the best team.

I, for one, am not convinced they lose either. The tax will be insane, but, Steph offered to take less and GS told him not to worry about it. That tells me they may not care about the tax. With such a dominant roster, apparel sales through the roof, and a sky high franchise valuation, it is hard to imagine any salary number too high to enable them to turn a profit.
first you are forgetting revenue sharing

second apparel is split evenly amongst teams

and third- sure- franchise value- but that doesnt include increase revenue

i mean- the Cavs ran a not insigifncant deficit with a 170M dollar payroll+ luxury taxes

signing a klay thompso nto a 30M dollar deal could end up costing like 100 million a season. at that point.

not only that--- but the cap is not going to grow that much as TV revenues are going flat. The networks honestly might even default under the current TV deals considering the drop of subscribers- people "cutting the cord".

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland's a better team, yes... a huge part of that is LeBron... but even beyond that, they are a terrible match-up for Boston.

The Cav's would bludgeon the C's on the boards... and a motivated LeBron would put up 35+ any time he wanted to.
LeBron and TT are Celtic killers.