• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Don't The Cavs Trade Lebron?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to break it to you- the Celtics arent going anywhere until lebron leaves/retires from Cleveland----- and the Celtics trade just gave the Cavs ammo to go out and get another big time player if they so wanted to.

If the Cavs do pull off a deal for like a Marc Gasol or Cousins or whoever---- and he stays another 2 years- the Celtics wont be make it passed the Cavs--- and as soon as LeBron starts declining the potential powerhouse Sixers will be better than the Celtics.

Danny did nothing but close windows on 2 ends of the spectrum. If LeBron stays the trade Danny Ainge bid against himself to make will be the reason why and will be the reason for the Celtics window closing before it ever opened.

I agree with all of this.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose Klay, they are still hands down the best team.

I, for one, am not convinced they lose either. The tax will be insane, but, Steph offered to take less and GS told him not to worry about it. That tells me they may not care about the tax. With such a dominant roster, apparel sales through the roof, and a sky high franchise valuation, it is hard to imagine any salary number too high to enable them to turn a profit.
I guess you dont understand how the repeater tax works then.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you dont understand how the repeater tax works then.

No, I do.

Payroll will be well over 400 million if they max both. I think they may be able to make enough to survive that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do.

Payroll will be well over 400 million if they max both. I think they may be able to make enough to survive that.

Yeah, that's why the Lakers have always been willing to go deep into the tax to pay for a contender. Winning championships brings in ridiculous amounts of money from multiple sources.

Granted, the tax has gotten worse since the Lakers were last paying it, but I would think that the amount of money that the Warriors will continue to bring in will offset enough of the tax to make it worth paying. Especially since it's not like they'll be paying it forever.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to break it to you- the Celtics arent going anywhere until lebron leaves/retires from Cleveland----- and the Celtics trade just gave the Cavs ammo to go out and get another big time player if they so wanted to.

If the Cavs do pull off a deal for like a Marc Gasol or Cousins or whoever---- and he stays another 2 years- the Celtics wont be make it passed the Cavs--- and as soon as LeBron starts declining the potential powerhouse Sixers will be better than the Celtics.

Danny did nothing but close windows on 2 ends of the spectrum. If LeBron stays the trade Danny Ainge bid against himself to make will be the reason why and will be the reason for the Celtics window closing before it ever opened.

Celtics are the raining Eastern conference reg season champs and still won a game vs the Cavs without their best player on the court.

Breakdown of the teams

PG: Kyrie>>IT Kyrie is the better all around player and it's not even close
SG: Jaylen Brown>JR Swish Jaylen isn't even old enough to drink and he still nearly averaged as many ppg as JR despite being a backup and had a higher PER than JR. JR will be 32 and is rapidly declining.
SF: Hayward<LBJ Hayward is just entering his prime and is on pace to average 25ppg this season and is teaming up with his old head coach. He made his first all star appearance and is a much more efficient shooter than LBJ who is on a decline at 33 years old and will most likely average 25 ppg with lower efficiency. However LBJ is still a better defender and has more of a physical presence in the post.
PF: Marcus Morris<Love Love has become a spot up three point shooter and is injured for a good amount of time annually. Their stats are nearly identical with the exception of Love being a better pure shooter giving him a 5 more ppg. Morris is the better defender but the pure shooting of Love gives him the overall edge
C: Horford>Tristan Big Al is a vastly superior scorer and defender but Tristan is a better rebounder. Al is a previous All Star player and is still a really good player despite being a little older at 31.

sixth man

Smart=Rose: Rose is a better scorer but Smart is a better rebounder, passer defender (statistically), younger and can stay healthy which is the biggest concern for Rose. Smart does have the talent to take over games as you seen in game 3 when he scored 27 points vs the Cavs.

Coach
Stevens>Lue:
This was one of the reasons Kyrie wanted to join the C's was due to the fact that they have the best young coach in the game and he wanted to pick his mind and maximize his potential.

Overall the only advantages the Cavs have is with LBJ and Love who are aging and injured (Love). Your time is up and the C's time is now and I wouldn't be shocked if the Cavs were bumped early by a young Bucks team.

LMOA @ saying the powerhouse sixe76ers GTFOH with that trash. They have a coach with the lowest winning percentage in Sixer history. Their team is based on all potential with no proven players. Give me a break.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh... if I'm making a bet, LeBron will walk after this season...

... and let's see Philly put together something (anything) in terms of a winning culture first... to say nothing of the always present Embiid injury spectre. Potential always looks rosy when it's a ways down the road...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics are the raining Eastern conference reg season champs and still won a game vs the Cavs without their best player on the court.

Breakdown of the teams

PG: Kyrie>>IT Kyrie is the better all around player and it's not even close
SG: Jaylen Brown>JR Swish Jaylen isn't even old enough to drink and he still nearly averaged as many ppg as JR despite being a backup and had a higher PER than JR. JR will be 32 and is rapidly declining.
SF: Hayward<LBJ Hayward is just entering his prime and is on pace to average 25ppg this season and is teaming up with his old head coach. He made his first all star appearance and is a much more efficient shooter than LBJ who is on a decline at 33 years old and will most likely average 25 ppg with lower efficiency. However LBJ is still a better defender and has more of a physical presence in the post.
PF: Marcus Morris<Love Love has become a spot up three point shooter and is injured for a good amount of time annually. Their stats are nearly identical with the exception of Love being a better pure shooter giving him a 5 more ppg. Morris is the better defender but the pure shooting of Love gives him the overall edge
C: Horford>Tristan Big Al is a vastly superior scorer and defender but Tristan is a better rebounder. Al is a previous All Star player and is still a really good player despite being a little older at 31.

sixth man

Smart=Rose: Rose is a better scorer but Smart is a better rebounder, passer defender (statistically), younger and can stay healthy which is the biggest concern for Rose. Smart does have the talent to take over games as you seen in game 3 when he scored 27 points vs the Cavs.

Coach
Stevens>Lue:
This was one of the reasons Kyrie wanted to join the C's was due to the fact that they have the best young coach in the game and he wanted to pick his mind and maximize his potential.

Overall the only advantages the Cavs have is with LBJ and Love who are aging and injured (Love). Your time is up and the C's time is now and I wouldn't be shocked if the Cavs were bumped early by a young Bucks team.

LMOA @ saying the powerhouse sixe76ers GTFOH with that trash. They have a coach with the lowest winning percentage in Sixer history. Their team is based on all potential with no proven players. Give me a break.

This analysis is way off because there is only one advantage that matters. LeBron James.

Celtics have a 10% chance of beating the Cavs this year if both squads are healthy. If IT is not playing at all, the matchup becomes fairly even.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ OP not knowing random trivial things like the finer details of LBJ's contract. Let's all make fun of OP like a bunch of little kids now.

In all fairness I expected this from these boards but I'm too lazy to look up for myself so thank you for answering the question for me bksballer
Sorry, I meant no disrespect.

Just having a spot of fun.

Apologies :suds:.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This analysis is way off because there is only one advantage that matters. LeBron James.

Celtics have a 10% chance of beating the Cavs this year if both squads are healthy. If IT is not playing at all, the matchup becomes fairly even.

The C's won nearly two games in the series without IT and now they stole Kyrie away and have Gordon and a new solid young big in Morris. LBJ's old ass isn't enough anymore. I give the Cavs a 10% chance of even making it to the championship this season with Old man and mr glass in Love. Who knows maybe the 5'8 midget might be healthy by playoff time in order to save them a couple games.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Wiz, and just like the Raptors. I think, emphasize think, the Celtics are slightly better than those squads, but that is relying on a lot of youth stepping up. I don't get why everyone thinks Boston is special. Not yet, they aren't. Cleveland is the team to beat in the East when they are full strength..

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... if I'm making a bet, LeBron will walk after this season...

... and let's see Philly put together something (anything) in terms of a winning culture first... to say nothing of the always present Embiid injury spectre. Potential always looks rosy when it's a ways down the road...

It's common knowledge that LBJ is gone after this season which is why the Cavs are stockpiling as many young guns as possible for their future.

I concur with your analysis on Philly as it's just pure potential with a no name loser of a head coach.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Wiz, and just like the Raptors. I think, emphasize think, the Celtics are slightly better than those squads, but that is relying on a lot of youth stepping up. I don't get why everyone thinks Boston is special. Not yet, they aren't. Cleveland is the team to beat in the East when they are full strength..

The Core of the team in Kyrie, Hayward, Morris and Horford are in their primes. The only youth that needs to step up a little is Brown. Smart already showed what he can do and is still improving. Anything else extra from Taytum as a 7th or 8th man off the bench is icing on the cake. He looked like a ROY in the summer league.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Core of the team in Kyrie, Hayward, Morris and Horford are in their primes. The only youth that needs to step up a little is Brown. Smart already showed what he can do and is still improving. Anything else extra from Taytum as a 7th or 8th man off the bench is icing on the cake. He looked like a ROY in the summer league.
Where's the depth? The bench is has a lot of rookies. Tatum and Rozier need to grow up quick too. And possibly Semi. Smart and Brown both need to develop more imo, especially Brown. He made a lot of mistakes last year, rookie mistakes, but they still need to be corrected going forward.

They can finish 2nd in The East, because it's weak, but they're not beating a healthy Cavs team.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's the depth? The bench is has a lot of rookies. Tatum and Rozier need to grow up quick too. And possibly Semi. Smart and Brown both need to develop more imo, especially Brown. He made a lot of mistakes last year, rookie mistakes, but they still need to be corrected going forward.

They can finish 2nd in The East, because it's weak, but they're not beating a healthy Cavs team.

I agree with Brown as he hasn't been close to what was expected but he could eventually be passed up by Taytum. Smart is a great all around player but must develop his jumper. I like him as the sixth man. Baynes is a good C off the bench with experience. Come playoff time teams normally elect to play their starters 40 + minutes anyways so just having 2 good bench players is normally enough. If you want to talk about depth look at the Cavs. They have nothing off the bench. As soon as LBJ goes to the bench they get destroyed. Rose is nice but there's a high probability of his knee snapping with more minutes. C's are not relying on young talent as you say since their core is in their prime. Having a great coach and staff can hide the fact that yes some of their bench players are young but will be playing in a great system like the Spurs.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Brown as he hasn't been close to what was expected but he could eventually be passed up by Taytum. Smart is a great all around player but must develop his jumper. I like him as the sixth man. Come playoff time teams normally elect to play their starters 40 + minutes anyways so just having 2 good bench players is normally enough. If you want to talk about depth look at the Cavs. They have nothing off the bench. As soon as LBJ goes to the bench they get destroyed. Rose is nice but there's a high probability of his knee snapping with more minutes. C's are not relying on young talent as you say since their core is in their prime. Having a great coach and staff can hide the fact that yes some of their bench players are young but will be playing in a great system like the Spurs.
It's a long season man, you need some bench play at some point, especially if the injury bug strikes. I understand how the playoffs work and that the bench becomes less important, but during the season you need it.

So what is you're point here? You think the Celts are as good or better than the Cavs? I don't think you'll find anybody that agrees with you, on here or elsewhere.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a long season man, you need some bench play at some point, especially if the injury bug strikes. I understand how the playoffs work and that the bench becomes less important, but during the season you need it.

So what is you're point here? You think the Celts are as good or better than the Cavs? I don't think you'll find anybody that agrees with you, on here or elsewhere.

Nice Ad Populum in believing you know what everyone else thinks.

I could care less what you believe everyone else thinks. I just go off statistics, coaches and what history supports. C's have the best coach in the Eastern conference and the best starting 5 in the East. That's by far enough to take over the best player in the east that's 33 years old and an injury prone #2 option and midget #3 option.

Their bench is enough to get through the weak east in the reg season and you can use the injury bug theory with any team especially players that have a history of injuries (IT, Rose, Love). If anything you're proving my point.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Ad Populum in believing you know what everyone else thinks.

I could care less what you believe everyone else thinks. I just go off statistics, coaches and what history supports. C's have the best coach in the Eastern conference and the best starting 5 in the East. That's by far enough to take over the best player in the east that's 33 years old and an injury prone #2 option and midget #3 option.

Their bench is enough to get through the weak east in the reg season and you can use the injury bug theory with any team especially players that have a history of injuries (IT, Rose, Love). If anything you're proving my point.
Got it. So you think they're better than Cleveland. And I dont give a shit what you give a shit about. If you think Boston is better than Cleveland, your opinion is uneducated.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. So you think they're better than Cleveland. And I dont give a shit what you give a shit about. If you think Boston is better than Cleveland, your point is uneducated.

No need for the ad hominem attack. The core team and coach is superior to the Cavs and that's obvious. The C's coach is superior and that's obvious. The bench is equal at worst if anything the C's have more potential depending on how Taytum performs. I mean the Cavs have washed up players in Kover, Richardson, combined with Rose who snaps his knee every other year and Crowder who is a nice role player but chucks way too much and is very short for his position.