• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do we Love Baseball?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard this question on KNBR a few days ago and thought it was a great question.

Why do we love baseball?

The reason I love baseball is because you get emotionally attached to your team. Over 162 games every day, 30 exhibition games in the spring and 20 more in the fall if your lucky, it becomes part of our life. The fact that 60% of the year is devoted to watching them play allows us to have our favorite players, and our hated players. We all become little GMs in the winter think of ways we want to build the team. It's always on our mind and it's one great feeling on the first day of spring and there's only 1 better feeling and that's opening day.

Last night, I said that I wasn't going to watch the game (today), but I came back and watched as much of it as I could anyway. It's a beautiful game and it's not meant for everyone, the weak minded will go crazy with agony after the first month, the unfaithful will never appreciate what the game really does and thats become part of our everyday lives. It's not like any other sport and thats why I love it.

Why do you love it?