• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why didn't Kwahi sign yesterday?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they have money left over from the blockbuster Al Horford signing ?

Not sure. Ask buck-alice. That person gots all da inside info on da Bucks.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ontario & CA's tax rate comes out about even. If he's putting his daughter in school here, claiming ON as primary residence etc. I think the CA double-dip goes away.

The benefit of signing such a large-money contract here would be that the Loonie's gone into the shitter again and is only worth 75 cents US and his salary would be paid in USD. Therefore, any investments he makes during his time here, say in real estate, his dollar would go much farther. If the loonie ever rallies again like it did from 2007-2015 he'd make a killing on ROI.

Yeah the 2 million difference comes from leaving San Antonio. He would have lost a similar amount had he been traded to a team in California.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, as I said above to the other moron, that's the literal opposite of what Kawhi is about.
First off, eat a dick.
Second, he is holding out because his handlers (the ones that have been trying to engineer his arrival in LA for years now) are telling him what to do. They are making him look stupid. Like I said before.

Lastly, see point one and gobble up all the dicks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said it was about Kawhi wanting to be the center of attention, when all he's doing is taking a couple days to make a big decision.
Yes, a couple of days so that all the other big names can clear the airwaves and he can have the spotlight.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, a couple of days so that all the other big names can clear the airwaves and he can have the spotlight.

To be fair, from what we've seen from Kawhi, it's not an attention thing on his part.

However, that doesn't mean it's not on his handlers part.

I would add though that, historically speaking, it's unusual for all of the big names except one to have made their decisions this early. So from that perspective, what Kawhi is doing is how things usually work.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that he chooses anywhere but the Lakers. There are allot of teams as good as Toronto without him that he could lead to the promised land.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pissed at Kawhi, we lost out on Brogdan and Beverly waiting for his decision. How is so undecided? He had all year to think about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pissed at Kawhi, we lost out on Brogdan and Beverly waiting for his decision. How is so undecided? He had all year to think about it.

Pretty sure he was more focused on winning a championship this past year.

Contrary to what people now expect, 4 days is not a long time to mull over a $140 million dollar contract and whet to spend the next 4 years of the prime of his career.

This is not an easy decision.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure he was more focused on winning a championship this past year.

Contrary to what people now expect, 4 days is not a long time to mull over a $140 million dollar contract and whet to spend the next 4 years of the prime of his career.

This is not an easy decision.

I'm pretty sure there was still plenty of time to reflect on where he wanted to play during the season. Which ever he chooses, he will be in a nice city making loads of money, it's not a hard decision, unless you are of the mindset that believes choosing between the lobster and the filet mignon is a life altering decision.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there was still plenty of time to reflect on where he wanted to play during the season. Which ever he chooses, he will be in a nice city making loads of money, it's not a hard decision, unless you are of the mindset that believes choosing between the lobster and the filet mignon is a life altering decision.

I think there are a few things going on.

For one, I think he truly did exactly what he said and didn't think about FA until after the season.

Also, there is the fact that the team he was on just won the championship. That can't be easy to walk away from. In fact, I can't think of any star player who left their team to go to another team the very next season. There may be one, but I can't think of one.

Then, there's the fact that if he goes to the Lakers, he's walking away from a lot of money. He's never seemed to be very money motivated...but I expect that it's still something that I'm sure he's had to give some thought to.

On top of all of that, there's also the decision of whether or not to sign a 2+1 with either team to set himself up for an even bigger payday in a couple of seasons.

There's a huge difference between making a life altering decision and trying to choose between lobster and filet mignon.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a few things going on.

For one, I think he truly did exactly what he said and didn't think about FA until after the season.

Also, there is the fact that the team he was on just won the championship. That can't be easy to walk away from. In fact, I can't think of any star player who left their team to go to another team the very next season. There may be one, but I can't think of one.

Then, there's the fact that if he goes to the Lakers, he's walking away from a lot of money. He's never seemed to be very money motivated...but I expect that it's still something that I'm sure he's had to give some thought to.

On top of all of that, there's also the decision of whether or not to sign a 2+1 with either team to set himself up for an even bigger payday in a couple of seasons.

There's a huge difference between making a life altering decision and trying to choose between lobster and filet mignon.

The point was that it isn't a life altering decision. He's going to make tons more money playing basketball with absolutely no money worries. His real worries right now are minuscule compared to people struggling to eat. He needs to cut the self importance already and make a decision. It's like he's choosing between ice cream flavors and taking hours to do it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was that it isn't a life altering decision. He's going to make tons more money playing basketball with absolutely no money worries. His real worries right now are minuscule compared to people struggling to eat. He needs to cut the self importance already and make a decision. It's like he's choosing between ice cream flavors and taking hours to do it.

Everything is relative and it is a life altering decision, regardless of how much money he's going to make. He's still human.

And if you don't think someone can take hours choosing an ice cream flavor, then you haven't ever had a wife or girlfriend. lol

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything is relative and it is a life altering decision, regardless of how much money he's going to make. He's still human.

And if you don't think someone can take hours choosing an ice cream flavor, then you haven't ever had a wife or girlfriend. lol

Lol. That’s funny. I know the feeling.

Regarding Kawhi, though, it’s relative but he needs some perspective, he’ll be in a great position no matter what he chooses, how many of us can say this of our choices. He just needs to choose what is more important to him, family or being the face of a franchise. Pretty simple actually. What pisses me off is he is screwing the Lakers the longer he waits, we already lost out on Brogdon and Beverly if he drags it out it could get worse. TBH, I think the Lakers were better off signing great role players.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that he is not letting teams or the media dictate when he announces his decision.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aren't taxes lower in dallas than canada??

Only thing that fucks you up in Texas (Austin's really the only expensive city) is property taxes. But there's zero income tax so it all balances itself out.