• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why did 11 - 1 Alabama get picked over 12 - 1 Wisconsin?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin had a better record than Bama, played more P5 teams than Bama not to mention they won their division.

You either didnt watch Wiscy vs Ohio St or you don't understand how bad the Big 10 East is.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he didn’t choose to leave FSU to go to TAM? Interesting........because that is exactly what happened. But once again, you can tell the story anyway that’s make you feel better.

I understand — I’d be bitter too. It isn’t a good look when a school is left at the altar for another school. If it were the NFL, you just wish them the best, but another P5 school? Ouch. But FSU wasted no time bringing in a proven winner? :behindsofa:

Lol what the hell does Jimbo being a dumbass have to do with Wisconsin?

Jimbo left the most fertile area for top recruits in the country and went to AtM. Not LSU. His coaching was pretty bad the last 2-3 years. He's an idiot and the Noles are better off now that he's gone. Everyone in Florida knows he's an idiot and now he can go scavenge for recruits elsewhere because he's not going to pull the studs from Florida like he did at FSU.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he didn’t choose to leave FSU to go to TAM? Interesting........because that is exactly what happened. But once again, you can tell the story anyway that’s make you feel better.

I understand — I’d be bitter too. It isn’t a good look when a school is left at the altar for another school. If it were the NFL, you just wish them the best, but another P5 school? Ouch. But FSU wasted no time bringing in a proven winner? :behindsofa:

You mean a proven winner like Jimmy Jam. He is really turning things around in Ann Arbor. That thing that I am most impressed with is all the QB talent that he has coached up since he's been there. At least Hoke won 11 games and a major bowl...just sayin.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win your games. If you lose one don't lost to a scrub and don't get curb stomped, but any loss takes the things you can control out of your hands.

Would you consider a 4-8 team "a scrub"? I do. That's who Clemson lost to.

That quote does not mean what you keep trying to make it mean. Read the next sentence.

Win your games. Win every single one. IF you want control of your own destiny. I have very clearly said that 50 times.

IF you lose ANY you no longer have control over it. It is in the hands of the committee.

How is that not easy to understand?

Now you want to confuse that with taking about auto bids. Auto bids get in even when their conference is down and they don't deserve it. Since out of conference games don't count toward conference records they are turned into exhibition games. It's just dumb.
Okay, I'll accept I misunderstood your meaning. Would you please answer the question I asked in response to your "scrub" statement? I may have misunderstood it too.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 620,344.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing this has already been said by now, but: Don't lose your last game.

Wait a minute...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean a proven winner like Jimmy Jam. He is really turning things around in Ann Arbor. That thing that I am most impressed with is all the QB talent that he has coached up since he's been there. At least Hoke won 11 games and a major bowl...just sayin.

Seeing as how UM was 45-42 the previous 7 years (and 2 coaches). I’d say going 28-10 in 3 years and only 2 recruiting classes is a pretty good turn around.

Just think — he has done things in the B1G in just his first two years that Saban couldn’t do in 5 years at MSU........win 10 games and win ANY bowl game. Hence why I’ve said — Saban is a great coach........in the SEC. Outside the SEC, his record looks like DickRod and Hoke’s record at UM, but at least Hoke could win a bowl game (Something Saban couldn’t do)

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing as how UM was 45-42 the previous 7 years (and 2 coaches). I’d say going 28-10 in 3 years and only 2 recruiting classes is a pretty good turn around.

Just think — he has done things in the B1G in just his first two years that Saban couldn’t do in 5 years at MSU........win 10 games and win ANY bowl game. Hence why I’ve said — Saban is a great coach........in the SEC. Outside the SEC, his record looks like DickRod and Hoke’s record at UM, but at least Hoke could win a bowl game (Something Saban couldn’t do)

LOL, let me know when Jimmy Jam has a better season than Hoke. Or when he beats a team with a winning record this year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll accept I misunderstood your meaning. Would you please answer the question I asked in response to your "scrub" statement? I may have misunderstood it too.
Why? Obviously Clemson lost to a scrub. It's a question that isn't really a viable question. And it doesn't change anything I said. I made no mention of losing to a scrub having to disqualify you.

I mean I really can't make this any easier. Win your games if you want control of your own destiny. It's that simple. And if you still want in anyway outside of that, limit your losses and don't be worse than others. You are leaving things in the hands of others to rank you.

I honestly don't know how to state what should be obvious any clearer.

There can't be any hard rules to what makes you in, or out, in this format. That's the point. The only hard rule for a P5 is win every game and you are in. That's all I really said. I don't sweat the arguments over which team deserved it more outside of that. Wisconsin (you know, the team this thread was supposed to be about) had a seriously weak schedule. One of the most laughable of any P5. The fact they only lost once doesn't matter when they didn't have enough quality wins to stack up against the rest of the top 5. They held their own fate and would have been in had they beat Ohio State. They lost. The notion then that they are somehow screwed out of a shot at a championship is just plain dumb to me. Want to be a champion? Don't lose games. If you lose games you really can't bitch about what some committee does to rank you outside of that. Get a better schedule if you want more credibility. You had an easier path to a playoff ticket than pretty much any other team so you had zero margin of error. If you schedule harder games you have more room to make up for a loss, even a bad loss.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Obviously Clemson lost to a scrub. It's a question that isn't really a viable question. And it doesn't change anything I said. I made no mention of losing to a scrub having to disqualify you.

I mean I really can't make this any easier. Win your games if you want control of your own destiny. It's that simple. And if you still want in anyway outside of that, limit your losses and don't be worse than others. You are leaving things in the hands of others to rank you.

I honestly don't know how to state what should be obvious any clearer.

There can't be any hard rules to what makes you in, or out, in this format. That's the point. The only hard rule for a P5 is win every game and you are in. That's all I really said. I don't sweat the arguments over which team deserved it more outside of that. Wisconsin (you know, the team this thread was supposed to be about) had a seriously weak schedule. One of the most laughable of any P5. The fact they only lost once doesn't matter when they didn't have enough quality wins to stack up against the rest of the top 5. They held their own fate and would have been in had they beat Ohio State. They lost. The notion then that they are somehow screwed out of a shot at a championship is just plain dumb to me. Want to be a champion? Don't lose games. If you lose games you really can't bitch about what some committee does to rank you outside of that. Get a better schedule if you want more credibility. You had an easier path to a playoff ticket than pretty much any other team so you had zero margin of error. If you schedule harder games you have more room to make up for a loss, even a bad loss.

Nice post, albeit a bit verbose.

This part nails my thoughts on the subject:
Wisconsin (you know, the team this thread was supposed to be about) had a seriously weak schedule. One of the most laughable of any P5. The fact they only lost once doesn't matter when they didn't have enough quality wins to stack up against the rest of the top 5. They held their own fate and would have been in had they beat Ohio State. They lost. The notion then that they are somehow screwed out of a shot at a championship is just plain dumb to me. Want to be a champion? Don't lose games. If you lose games you really can't bitch about what some committee does to rank you outside of that.

I keep seeing a lot of bitching about the selection process, but I'm not seeing anyone say "Team X should definitively be in over Team Y." There's not a team out there that can legitimately bitch that they got screwed. Well, except for UoM, who got screwed by tOSU. Again. For the 15th time in the last 17 meetings. But that has nothing to do with the CFP.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, let me know when Jimmy Jam has a better season than Hoke. Or when he beats a team with a winning record this year.

Sounds good — you let me know when Saban does something outside the SEC (NFL failure, Mediocre B1G coach)

Harbaugh 1st 3 years in the B1G 28-10
Saban 1st 3 years in the B1G 19-17-1

As I’ve said — great coach in the SEC. 0 division titles in the NFL or the B1G, 0-3 in bowl games at MSU, never even made the playoffs in the NFL.

Hell — Brady Hoke did things as a coach in the B1G That Saban didn’t come close to.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good — you let me know when Saban does something outside the SEC (NFL failure, Mediocre B1G coach)

As I’ve said — great coach in the SEC. 0 division titles in the NFL or the B1G, 0-3 in bowl games at MSU, never even made the playoffs in the NFL.

Hell — Brady Hoke did things as a coach in the B1G That Saban didn’t come close to.
b016d3ec4c9ff01fd9e27bfcfae426625f8b494b739e09c67438b10fda25e4f4.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you know that Wisconsin has beaten tOSU more times in three fewer attempts this century than UoM has?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay then. I took "If you lose one don't lost to a scrub" as threatening and in and of itself disqualifying. The opposite of you aren't disqualified if you lose a close one to a good team.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team has been embarrassed by its rival for the last two decades and your funny comeback is "yeah, but the Buckeyes didn't make the playoffs"?

Even though we have made it to them 50% of the time and won them once. Even though they have yet to even make a B10 championship game. "But you don't make the playoffs every year!"

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we have made it to them 50% of the time and won them once. Even though they have yet to even make a B10 championship game. "But you don't make the playoffs every year!"

Yeah, I was shocked. I expected more. I guess I shouldn't have.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was shocked. I expected more. I guess I shouldn't have.
That moment when you realize Iowa has been to more BigTen Conference Championship games than Michigan has.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We aren't even ranked, but you guys missed the playoffs by a spot."

lolz.

Last edited: