• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Overseas Here?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you military? And do you like living in Japan?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you military? And do you like living in Japan?

Civilian Marine. I love Okinawa. It is a beautiful sunny day, San Diego weather without the overcast. Still, I'd like to get back home to Cal some day. San Luis Obispo is my hometown. You know where that is, I'm sure. What part of Socal are you in, Hammer?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Civilian Marine. I love Okinawa. It is a beautiful sunny day, San Diego weather without the overcast. Still, I'd like to get back home to Cal some day. San Luis Obispo is my hometown. You know where that is, I'm sure. What part of Socal are you in, Hammer?

Yes, I've been all over Cal except for north of San Francisco. I am in North San Diego County toward the desert. If there is better weather in the world, I want to know where it is! Sun 360 days a year, zero humidity, etc.

It looks you're actually closer to Taiwan and China than Japan? Do you do much traveling over there?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I've been all over Cal except for north of San Francisco. I am in North San Diego County toward the desert. If there is better weather in the world, I want to know where it is! Sun 360 days a year, zero humidity, etc.

It looks you're actually closer to Taiwan and China than Japan? Do you do much traveling over there?

I hate this damn weather. Anything above 65 is too hot.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Luis Obispo has the only Mediteranean climate in the states. Hands down better than SD. IMHO.

Travel for me has been fleeting since I arrived here. My job does not let me get away much. When I get things in order, I will travel a lot.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Luis Obispo has the only Mediteranean climate in the states. Hands down better than SD. IMHO.

Travel for me has been fleeting since I arrived here. My job does not let me get away much. When I get things in order, I will travel a lot.

No Way. I lived in Morrow Bay for 3 months helping my friend clean his boat and do his numbers. Basically I stayed up all night and around 3:30 started logging supplies, fuel, bait, etc.. for the day ahead. I would then go to sleep and wake up around Noon, 1. Hang out and then go down around 4 and wait for the boat to come in. This was from March-June. Its was cold, foggy and miserable for most the day. The Sun would come out for a little bit but by then it was already sun down. Now the Evenings were very Med Like.

My dad lived in Goleta for awhile and owned a Bar in Santa Barbara and lived up there for 5 months in a row, after having visited every other weekend. They had a friend who lived in Carpentaria(sp?) and that was more like the Med in every way than any other place in California. Just the way the land is shaped on the coast gives it a nice Med Feel, even mores so than Santa Barbara which is like 10 miles north. Most the time every Sunday we would go down there and spend the entire day. For some reason that place got very little Fog compared to a few miles north, and it always seemed to burn off very quickly, not after 12.

I actually Prefer Morrow Bay weather(which is on the coast like what? 15-20 miles west of SLO). But from being in the Med and most places in California during March-June at some point. I would say Carpentaria is the best Med Like Spot in California. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter. The climate in California & especially So. California is hands down better than anywhere else in the country. It is the cost, traffic, etc that make it hard to take at times.

I relocated from Orange County, CA late last year & now live in Alabama. Even though the weather has supposedly been better than in previous years it is still hard to take. Until now I never had to worry much about rain, humidity, heat, etc & in SoCal areas even remotely close to the beach air conditioning is a luxury.
Oh well - it is cheaper here & traffic is almost nonexistent.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live across Lake Michigan if that counts

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Way. I lived in Morrow Bay for 3 months helping my friend clean his boat and do his numbers. Basically I stayed up all night and around 3:30 started logging supplies, fuel, bait, etc.. for the day ahead. I would then go to sleep and wake up around Noon, 1. Hang out and then go down around 4 and wait for the boat to come in. This was from March-June. Its was cold, foggy and miserable for most the day. The Sun would come out for a little bit but by then it was already sun down. Now the Evenings were very Med Like.

My dad lived in Goleta for awhile and owned a Bar in Santa Barbara and lived up there for 5 months in a row, after having visited every other weekend. They had a friend who lived in Carpentaria(sp?) and that was more like the Med in every way than any other place in California. Just the way the land is shaped on the coast gives it a nice Med Feel, even mores so than Santa Barbara which is like 10 miles north. Most the time every Sunday we would go down there and spend the entire day. For some reason that place got very little Fog compared to a few miles north, and it always seemed to burn off very quickly, not after 12.

I actually Prefer Morrow Bay weather(which is on the coast like what? 15-20 miles west of SLO). But from being in the Med and most places in California during March-June at some point. I would say Carpentaria is the best Med Like Spot in California. IMO
Morro Bay might as well be San Francisco. Completely different climate than San Luis Obispo. The fog is rare in SLO.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in Okinawa.....

You meant to say Open box , on Skid Row didn't you Southie ??
Look there's some of your homies and your lowrise apartment by the pole....:pound:
58590640.jpg

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Baltimore????? Don't eat the pigeons!!!!!

What, you don't recognize your home town ? That's Skid Row, L.A, California....
Your boys say hey !!....
Seriously, what are you doing in Okinawa, from California and a Pats fan ????
You do know that's a Bandwagon fan, right ? :scratch:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, you don't recognize your home town ? That's Skid Row, L.A, California....
Your boys say hey !!....
Seriously, what are you doing in Okinawa, from California and a Pats fan ????
You do know that's a Bandwagon fan, right ? :scratch:
Born in South Boston.
Southie attitude and California sense of humor.
Want to laugh? Cool, want to fight? also cool.....
(I'm working here)

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born in South Boston.
Southie attitude and California sense of humor.
Want to laugh? Cool, want to fight? also cool.....
(I'm working here)

Must have been the Marines that made a man of you then, if you was born in tutu land.....Or else you really migrated there from Bmore, if you want to fight here, you're starting a day late....:boxing:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must have been the Marines that made a man of you then, if you was born in tutu land.....Or else you really migrated there from Bmore, if you want to fight here, you're starting a day late....:boxing:

So. No bandwagon here. I have been a Patriots fan since the 70's.....
How long have you been a Colts er, Ravens fan?
I bet you loved that night ride that Irsay took to Indy?

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. No bandwagon here. I have been a Patriots fan since the 70's.....
How long have you been a Colts er, Ravens fan?
I bet you loved that night ride that Irsay took to Indy?

I still want to hurt someone when I see a Mayflower truck...Colts fan in late 60's til they left, but I'll admit I am a much bigger Ravens fan than I was the Colts, but then I was very busy chasing girls and partying back then....
Til my wife put a stop to all of that about 40 years ago....:D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want to hurt someone when I see a Mayflower truck...Colts fan in late 60's til they left, but I'll admit I am a much bigger Ravens fan than I was the Colts, but then I was very busy chasing girls and partying back then....
Til my wife put a stop to all of that about 40 years ago....:D

Congratulations on your girl - 40 years? She is an amazing woman if she put up with you for 40 years.....

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on your girl - 40 years? She is an amazing woman if she put up with you for 40 years.....

I have No Argument on that one...Thanks !!