• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Gonna Return Kicks?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let's hope they have another trade up their sleeves or pick up Deanthony Thomas. Lamichael James is not cutting it.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows:

Are the #49ers looking for a new punt returner? Trent Baalke had a direct answer today ...

Said Baalke: "LaMichael James did an excellent job for us a year ago, and that's his job. We don't feel an urgency to go out and replace LaMichael. That's his job."

James, meanwhile, has been frustrated by his lack of playing time at running back. He has been working out in his native Texas instead of taking part of the team's voluntary conditioning program in Santa Clara.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows:

Are the #49ers looking for a new punt returner? Trent Baalke had a direct answer today ...

Said Baalke: "LaMichael James did an excellent job for us a year ago, and that's his job. We don't feel an urgency to go out and replace LaMichael. That's his job."

James, meanwhile, has been frustrated by his lack of playing time at running back. He has been working out in his native Texas instead of taking part of the team's voluntary conditioning program in Santa Clara.

James Scares the HECK out of me when he fields punts.

If he fields punts and K.O.'s a lot this year I expect 2 to 5 Muffed/fumbled punts and maybe more on K.O.'s.

When the Niners were playing the Seachickens in the NFC Championship.... when James got the penalty call on the punt where he was touched...when I ran it back on the DVR you could see that if the player had let James field the kick he would have muffed the punt.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is what they need. thats why im a little pissed. it would of been nice to add an home run threat.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question grew more prevalent in my mind with every draft selection and trade Baalke made as the draft went on. SF simply won't have the room for LMJ to stay if he can't contribute in any other way than the return game.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The question grew more prevalent in my mind with every draft selection and trade Baalke made as the draft went on. SF simply won't have the room for LMJ to stay if he can't contribute in any other way than the return game.

I strongly suspect that he still dumps him at some point here over the next couple weeks/months. Either when they need the room and/or if somebody else becomes available that they were not necessarily expecting.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be pissed if LMJ is on the team this year.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barrows:

Please be a smoke screen :hope:

I may be way off here but I thought I heard something like Jimmie Ward has experience as a return man. But if thats true, it might be best if somebody we will really be counting on this season as a DB does not be full time KR.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Please be a smoke screen :hope:

I may be way off here but I thought I heard something like Jimmie Ward has experience as a return man. But if thats true, it might be best if somebody we will really be counting on this season as a DB does not be full time KR.

In 2011 he had 1 punt return for 9 yards. In 2010 he had 2 PRs for 37 yards. He's never returned a kick in game action.