• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's gonna replace Leonard Davis?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Davis was the first guy off the bench and a TE in the jumbo package. That was a big (literally) part of the offense. Who's gonna replace him?

Will Joe Looney be ready to fill that role? Or will Looney be playing C?

Or do the Niners try to get one more season out of Davis like they did with Moss?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore was in on that. Looney should be primed and ready to step in for limited duty. I don't think that Leonard Davis was a part of the offense worth considering coming back unless he is willing to sign late for the vet minimum...and that's only if we come up short in the draft and FA for a viable backup at T.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis was the first guy off the bench and a TE in the jumbo package. That was a big (literally) part of the offense. Who's gonna replace him?

Or do the Niners try to get one more season out of Davis like they did with Moss?

Kilgore?

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kilgore is their future center. So, I'd go with Looney.

I think they'll draft a small college prospect who can play both guard and tackle in the 4th or fifth round this year too.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I see Looney and Kilgore competing for the Center spot with the loser being the backup guard.

Though Goodwin still might win out the job as he was pretty serviceable this season but I would love for someone to push him out though since he was clearly the weakest link on the line.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Looney and Kilgore competing for the Center spot with the loser being the backup guard.

Though Goodwin still might win out the job as he was pretty serviceable this season but I would love for someone to push him out though since he was clearly the weakest link on the line.

And he makes 4 million next season I think Kilgore or Looney will be our C next year

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And he makes 4 million next season I think Kilgore or Looney will be our C next year

it does appear our cap situation will affect Goodwin? it would be Kilgore's 3rd season, so if he's ready to go, it'll be now.

Looney hasn't played yet but he isn't a pure rookie either. wouldn't expect him to REALLY know line calls without "on the job training", but he shouldn't be confused either? if he can back up the interior, thats huge.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope Davis returns for another year. He's only have to play like 5 snaps a game. I don't want him as the backup OG; I'm hoping either Looney or Kilgore takes over there. I just want him as the TE in jumbo packages.

Maybe he can even go out for a pass. Who would expect that?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jemarcus russell?