• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's expendable??

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to give the Dodgers the benefit of the doubt for now due to the large number of injuries, however the need to find a way to turn it around AND fast.

If they are not able to right the ship by the All Star break, who do we all think could be expendable to try and infuse some new blood into this team and see if they can spark a 2nd half run?

My ideas are Andre Ethier, Dee Gordon, Juan Uribe (only because he is ACTUALLY hitting), Javy Guerra and Brandon League.

I think you might see the Dodgers and Red Sox as dance partners again at the deadline. They are in dire need of a closer and probably have a 3B prospect stuck behind Middlebrooks that we can take off their hands plus maybe take on Lester's contract.

We could send Dee Gordon to Houston in exchange for Jose Altuve and shore up the defense.

Or we could send Uribe to Oakland for Jemile Weeks who has lost favor in Oakland with lackluster play and might need a change of scenery.

As for Ethier, we would need a couple of young, frontline players for him... just not sure where the best fit would be.

What do you guys think??

Quoth the GM, Trade some more!!

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU....I just wish Colletti and company would give as much thought to the Dodger options as you've done.

Frankly, I think everyone except Kershaw and Kemp are "expendable". Now, guys making the big bucks would be more difficult to move without the Dodgers taking back a lot of salary. And, the Dodgers can't make moves just to make moves.

AGon, Ramirez and Crawford have done pretty well so far (although Hanley's time has been limited, of course), so I wouldn't be too anxious to move them. I'd probably also be inclined to hang on to A.J. Ellis behind the plate as well as Greinke, Ryu and Jansen on the pitching staff.

So, I think Ethier is probably the best every day "chip" the Dodgers have. Of course, now that you've raised the question, Ethier goes out and collects four hits tonight.

But, Ethier for a hard hitting 3B as part of the deal would be welcomed or for another "decent" SP, because the Dodgers certainly have issues on the starting staff once you get past Kershaw, Ryu and Greinke.

I don't think Ethier will get dealt. If he plays up to his potential the Dodgers will want to keep him (which is okay with me), and if he plays lousy, he won't be in as much demand.

So, to acquire a "hard hitting" 3B and/or "decent" SP, the Dodgers will probably have to send off some pretty good prospects to accomplish that.

I wouldn't give up Puig, at least not yet. He's like a puppy that hasn't been potty trained, yet, but there is certainly a lot of upside for him.

Maybe we should try and trade Matt McGill, or Fedorowiscz, or Seager at the minor league level.

I really don't know the answer. This won't be a quick fix unless the PLAYERS wake up, like tonight, and start performing. Then, all of this discussion (with the exception of the problem at 3B) will be academic.

Perhaps one 3B the Dodgers should look into is Aramis Ramirez......the Brewers are't going anywhere this year and they might want to take on some young pitching prospects, and maybe Brandon League for Ramirez.

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Ethier, but with a number of good prospect outfielders in the minors, I'd have no problem trading him for a good hitting 3B or a decent SP. I would keep Gordon. He's slowly learning, and we have no one better when Hanley gets hurt next time. Uribe, Cruz, Hernandez, Sellers certainly are all expendable but may not have much value even as a package. League and Guerra could go away too without much of an impact. I definitely wouldn't trade away any of our top prospects, as they are our future. Another thing we need to do is give Kershaw what the market demands before he decides he'd rather be in Texas.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2