• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Braxton Miller's backup?

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got several Ohio ST friends and they all have gone from "we are in the playoffs" to "please let us just beat michigan". I feel really bad for them.

To be honest, if we manage to get past VT.. I'm optimistic... but with that said.. I think realistically were now another year out to compete for the playoff.. I know the fella is a red shirt freshman, so hes been around the program for a year but game time is going to be different.. if he shines.. awesome.. if not it'll be a valuable experience for him.

I'm still ready to enjoy CFB, thats for sure.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ohio State fans: Who is your starting center and how did the transfer Chad Lindsay end up doing?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What OSU really needs is that DL to start playing up to its potential. They have been very "Texas" like there. Lots of talent. Lots of amazing individual plays, but somehow the whole is worth less than the sum of the parts. It will be interesting to see if they get some discipline, because they could be special.

Comparing Ohio State to Texas over the past couple of years is simply unfair. In 2011 Ohio State was in trouble w/ the NCAA & only when 6-7 after the firing of Tricky Tressel. Meyer's first year in 2012 they ran the table but couldn't play for the conference crown or go to a bowl game. Last year the Buckeyes ran the regular season table again before losing to MSU in the conference title game & then a loss to Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Both programs have had their own issues to deal w/ over the past couple of years but I don't think they are the same.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer is high on Barrett and he plays a lot like Miller. He has no experience, the Va Tech game will be a great test for only the 2 game of his career. Hopefully he can be the diamond in a rough anf be another Winston. :pray:

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing Ohio State to Texas over the past couple of years is simply unfair. In 2011 Ohio State was in trouble w/ the NCAA & only when 6-7 after the firing of Tricky Tressel. Meyer's first year in 2012 they ran the table but couldn't play for the conference crown or go to a bowl game. Last year the Buckeyes ran the regular season table again before losing to MSU in the conference title game & then a loss to Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Both programs have had their own issues to deal w/ over the past couple of years but I don't think they are the same.

I was comparing the DLs. Both are highly talented, but characterized by individual play. Lots of TFLs, but also lots of undisciplined play with poor gap integrity. Basically, they were either making great plays or allowing big plays. All that talent and they ranked 96th in adjusted line play as a defense and 52nd in S&P rushing. The individual talent is fantastic and if they play up to that talent consistently and together as a unit, than OSU could have one of the best defense in the Big 10.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State fans: Who is your starting center and how did the transfer Chad Lindsay end up doing?

I'm pretty sure Lindsay is going to be our center. He's been getting a lot of praise out of camp.