• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Braxton Miller's backup?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think people have been over-estimating OSU this preseason. They lost a ton on their oline. Inexperienced OL matched with an inexperienced QB is generally a recipe for ugliness. Match that with losing their #1 RB adn #1 WR and there is youth everywhere.

I think most of that hype based off the name "Urban Meyer." Which, don't get me wrong, who is a good coach......but.......when you look at the success he had at Florida, it was primarily with Zook's recruits and arguably one of the best college players ever (and the guy who actually recruited Tebow and who Meyer himself is quoted as saying is the "best recruiter in the country" is now on the Michigan staff, Greg Mattison).

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of that hype based off the name "Urban Meyer." Which, don't get me wrong, who is a good coach......but.......when you look at the success he had at Florida, it was primarily with Zook's recruits and arguably one of the best college players ever (and the guy who actually recruited Tebow and who Meyer himself is quoted as saying is the "best recruiter in the country" is now on the Michigan staff, Greg Mattison).

They hype was based off Braxton Miller being a heisman candidate, which he undoubtedly would have been. When you have a dynamic QB like that, it masks a lot of ugliness. That and they went 12-2 the year before.

Now, its gonna be a tough year. No idea what the 2 backup QBs are like. Gotta think we are gonna be doing a ton of ground and pound, which should be good enough for a winning season...maybe even 8 wins, but nothing close to what Braxton could have gotten the team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cardale starts I might be on suicide alert.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never like to see this. No matter how much I might dislike a team, I want to see them humbled with their best.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They hype was based off Braxton Miller being a heisman candidate, which he undoubtedly would have been. When you have a dynamic QB like that, it masks a lot of ugliness. That and they went 12-2 the year before.

Now, its gonna be a tough year. No idea what the 2 backup QBs are like. Gotta think we are gonna be doing a ton of ground and pound, which should be good enough for a winning season...maybe even 8 wins, but nothing close to what Braxton could have gotten the team.
Yeah, but I understand they lost their entire O line ... that doesn't help the QB any. Going 12-2 last year doesn't make much of a difference unless most or all of those players are coming back.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel awful for the guy. Hopefully he heals completely. Any updates on what exactly the injury is? Rotator cuff or something?

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny really, that Braxton got all that Heisman hype, yet for all his problems with consistency (which were more traceable to the O-line) Devin Gardner put up comparable (if not better) numbers.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I expect nothing less from a meeeechegan fan. He's only taken three different teams to big time bowls games. That must be a fluke, right?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny really, that Braxton got all that Heisman hype, yet for all his problems with consistency (which were more traceable to the O-line) Devin Gardner put up comparable (if not better) numbers.

Miller has a better TD to int ratio (BM: 52 & 17/DG: 34 to 17) & is a much better runner than Gardner ever was (BM: 3,054 yards & 32 td's/DG: 568 yards & 20 td's).

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I understand they lost their entire O line ... that doesn't help the QB any. Going 12-2 last year doesn't make much of a difference unless most or all of those players are coming back.

The QB is the most important piece in CFB. If you have a talented team and a star QB returning, you'll be highly ranked in the preseason. Miller's veteran knowledge and general ability to escape the rush would have been able to nullify a lot of the young O-line's mistakes. With an inexperienced QB back there in addition to a new O-Line...that spells disaster.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gardner might have put up better passing numbers, but the rushing were not comparable. Ohio State's offense is basically a run-first offense anyhow.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never like to see this. No matter how much I might dislike a team, I want to see them humbled with their best.

couldn't have said it better myself.

:suds:

gws Braxton.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like J.T. Barrett. He's no. 2 on depth chart, Cardale Jones in no. 3.

Hopefully we hear positive results from MRI today. I still think we can win most of our games, but the lines on a few games may swing the other way now.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it'd be our 4th string quarterback starting for OSU if he'd chosen to pick up the phone when Urban called last year.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wanted to see a 100 percent OSU. It's good for everyone. Hopefully we can see a miracle recovery and OSU can hold on until he gets back.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ELIZABETH!!!! THIS IS IT!!! THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!! I'M COMING TO SEE YA!!!!
zMEYERx-large.jpg

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So can we soon expect Urbie to need a sabbatical for "health and family" reasons?

I can only assume that the suckeye cheerleaders aren't nearly as fetching as the gheytor ones...