• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's Better? Washington, Colorado, or USC

Who is the best team among these choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what bugs me too. I can't remember who it was, but Saturday night after the late game when the really smart 'experts' were making their playoff choices a couple weeks ago, he put USC in saying they're clearly one of the best teams right now. Yes, they probably are, but no one should get a pass on the first quarter of the season. What's the point in even having a season if you just want to go by the eyeball test at the end of the year?

Well said from a fan whos team played Rutgers -Idaho- and Portland State ( said to be the easiest start in all of college football of the power 5 teams) while USC played Alabama- Stanford Utah State and Utah to begin the season.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said from a fan whos team played Rutgers -Idaho- and Portland State ( said to be the easiest start in all of college football of the power 5 teams) while USC played Alabama- Stanford Utah State and Utah to begin the season.
Two of those are conference games and common opponents. If bama was your only loss, you'd be in great shape right now, but you also happened to lose to those two common opponents.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I wasn't making a comparison to Washington. What I am stating is a 9-3 team has just as much right to the play offs. As a team that didn't win their division, conference or the head to head against a team in the CCG. The play off system has some major flaws.And the talking heads and committees logic lacks credibility

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with that, I have written down the user names of everyone who voted for USC, you're all wrong, and now on my official shit list. :finger:

Well I don't wanna be on your shit list so I voted for the Huskies. :thumb:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said from a fan whos team played Rutgers -Idaho- and Portland State ( said to be the easiest start in all of college football of the power 5 teams) while USC got dominated by Alabama- Stanford Utah State and Utah to begin the season.

Fify

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair I wasn't making a comparison to Washington. What I am stating is a 9-3 team has just as much right to the play offs. As a team that didn't win their division, conference or the head to head against a team in the CCG. The play off system has some major flaws.And the talking heads and committees logic lacks credibility

Umm actually....they don't. But I guess if you live in Makebelieveland

It's a lot different when you are 11-1 with a great resume, 3 top 10 wins and a loss to a top 10 team. Then 3 losses, 2 top 10 wins. Then you have a blowout loss to the #1 team, then a loss to a top 25 team by 17 points and another loss to top 25 team. LOL at those comparisons. Some experts are just saying USC was a hot team, which is technically correct. The resume isn't close to being there though. Maybe next year :suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of those are conference games and common opponents. If bama was your only loss, you'd be in great shape right now, but you also happened to lose to those two common opponents.

Thats my point. USC played the top team in the country in Alabama and two conference opponents in its first four games while Washington had the easiest start to a season of any power 5 team in the country. Three cupcakes to get ready for a conference foe.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my point. USC played the top team in the country in Alabama and two conference opponents in its first four games while Washington had the easiest start to a season of any power 5 team in the country. Three cupcakes to get ready for a conference foe.
You want me to be impressed that you lost to Stanford and Utah in the first 4 games of the year? Because I am not...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want me to be impressed that you lost to Stanford and Utah in the first 4 games of the year? Because I am not...

About as impressed you played Rutgers ,Portland state and Idaho. But what happened when you played USC?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About as impressed you played Rutgers ,Portland state and Idaho. But what happened when you played USC?
What happened when you played stanford?

I get it, USC ended up being really good, I've acknowledged that multiple times. Washington's schedule has nothing to do with your team not having their shit together to start the year. Replace any of those 3 teams that your patting yourself on the back for losing to at the beginning of the year with UW and I think it's fair to guess that it still would have been a USC loss. Maybe your guys will be ready to go next year and you won't have to be all KY Jealous about it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get it, USC ended up being really good, I've acknowledged that multiple times. Washington's schedule has nothing to do with your team not having their shit together to start the year. Replace any of those 3 teams that your patting yourself on the back for losing to at the beginning of the year with UW and I think it's fair to guess that it still would have been a USC loss. Maybe your guys will be ready to go next year and you won't have to be all KY Jealous about it.

Hey jelly is all I got till next season so let me bitch a little.lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC got bitch slapped when they played Stanford. Thats what happend.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as USC is now we judge a team on their entire season. So sadly they are number 3

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as USC is now we judge a team on their entire season. So sadly they are number 3
Don't be sad about it. Eff those guys.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is one team in the country that would be a favorite over $C right now and that's Bama.
I think tOSU and Michigan would be and Clemson wouldn't surprise me. Their 3 toughest games were Alabama, Washington and Colorado.

The only decent team Washington has played is USC and lost.

People talk about the SEC being bad but the PAC was weak as crap.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on their recent match up in Seattle, I'd say that USC is probably the best team in the PAC 12 right now.

But .... they didn't get it done in September, and are relegated to the sidelines as spectators watching the PAC CG between Washington and Colorado. It's not enough to be the best team. Whether it was Helton's fault for starting the year with Browne rather than Darnold, or some other reason, they didn't execute up to their level of team talent, and sit at home as talented spectators rather than champions this year.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tOSU and Michigan would be and Clemson wouldn't surprise me. Their 3 toughest games were Alabama, Washington and Colorado.

The only decent team Washington has played is USC and lost.

People talk about the SEC being bad but the PAC was weak as crap.
Wahington played and beat Stanford, Utah, and Washington State (two Top 20 teams, and a team that just fell out of the Top 25 this week after Washington beat them). It's just not accurate to say that Washington hasn't played anybody except USC this year.

And tomorrow night, Washington is taking on the #8 team in the CFP Top 25. If they win, their resume will include a Top 10 win, two Top 20 wins, and (likely) a Top 10 loss (because USC very likely will be Top 10 in the final poll next week). For all we know, Washington State may even make it back into the Top 25, giving them another such win.

Advanced metrics, which adjusts for strength of schedule, have Washington anywhere from #3-#7 right now. Resumes only cut so far. Washington has a complete team with strong running and passing games, a strong defense, and a very experienced and good coaching staff. They have explosive playmakers at every level of the offense, and an extremely efficient QB who is in the Heisman conversation. That's why they're on the doorstep of a Playoff birth-- because the team is very solid, rather than a pretender.