• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who would be the best player in the NBA...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the superior athlete?

Curry or Kyrie?

It is close in terms of size and speed, but I believe Kyrie is stronger and therefor a slightly better athlete.

Who is the better player?

Curry and it isn’t close.

So Curry has the better overall skill set and mental game. He is better than Kyrie now and would definitely be better than Kyrie if they had equal athleticism.
Curry is a shit athlete. There are literally dozens are players that are more athletic than Curry. If Westbrook was 5' 2" he could still dunk. Curry does not have elite speed or explosion or high end athleticism.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is a shit athlete. There are literally dozens are players that are more athletic than Curry. If Westbrook was 5' 2" he could still dunk. Curry does not have elite speed or explosion or high end athleticism.

Exactly, and based on the premise posed by the OP, the player in question would have reduced athleticism. Meaning the playing field in athleticism between Kyrie and Curry would be closed. So Kyrie is less explosive and Curry actually might be more athletic given the premise.

Reading is key.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, and based on the premise posed by the OP, the player in question would have reduced athleticism. Meaning the playing field in athleticism between Kyrie and Curry would be closed. So Kyrie is less explosive and Curry actually might be more athletic given the premise.

Reading is key.
if thats the case its easily Kyrie. Curry is the better shooter, but Kyrie is an elite shooter, ball handler, creator. Curry is an all time shooter but thats about it.

honestly - before draymond got fat and slow hed be someone that i would have pretty high on this list.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if thats the case its easily Kyrie. Curry is the better shooter, but Kyrie is an elite shooter, ball handler, creator. Curry is an all time shooter but thats about it.

honestly - before draymond got fat and slow hed be someone that i would have pretty high on this list.

Curry is an elite ball handler too. The shooting gap between the 2 players is greater than the ball handling gap. Curry is a better passer, a MUCh better teammate and the better overall player despite being the inferior athlete as you admit. You completely ignore the mental side of the game which favors Curry by a mile.

Curry’s overall skill set is better than Kyrie’s.

You were right about 1 thing though, it really isn’t close. You just picked the wrong player.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what changes based on the premise. By this metric basically you're just saying Kyrie is better than Curry. What we did here was take away some of Kyrie's athleticism and we gave more to Curry. Other than that, nothing has changed. So ultimately you just think Kyrie is better than Curry.

LOL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Westbrook was 5' 2" he could still dunk.

WarlikeNegativeBighorn-small.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Thompson :noidea:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if Rubio is the best in this scenario, but he would become elite.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Curry is every bit the ball handler and creator Kyrie is. Curry is a better shooter, Kyrie better at finishing near the rim. Both are very good at similar stuff.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if Rubio is the best in this scenario, but he would become elite.

Rubio can’t shoot.

So he definitely wouldn’t be the best.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio can’t shoot.

So he definitely wouldn’t be the best.

Not the best, but elite. With his ball handling he could get to the rim whenever, and you have to figure his finishing at the rim goes up. He would be the best passer, be a top of the line defender, and be one of the higher iq players out there.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the best, but elite. With his ball handling he could get to the rim whenever, and you have to figure his finishing at the rim goes up. He would be the best passer, be a top of the line defender, and be one of the higher iq players out there.

It is funny.

In always think of Rubio as being a pretty solid NBA athlete. Not elite by any means like a Ja Morant, but pretty close to average.

Maybe not though

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny.

In always think of Rubio as being a pretty solid NBA athlete. Not elite by any means like a Ja Morant, but pretty close to average.

Maybe not though

He has decent straight line speed, but his explosiveness probably ranks as the lowest for starting caliber PG's. He is 6'4" and with the steals he gets has had several break away plays....and chooses to lay it up. he CAN dunk, but it is safer for him to lay it up.

I just looked it up, in his entire career he has attempted 1 dunk and missed it.

DUNKS!!!!

I know dunking is not everything, but it shows he lacks explosiveness. His high steal rate comes from playing the passing lanes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has decent straight line speed, but his explosiveness probably ranks as the lowest for starting caliber PG's. He is 6'4" and with the steals he gets has had several break away plays....and chooses to lay it up. he CAN dunk, but it is safer for him to lay it up.

I just looked it up, in his entire career he has attempted 1 dunk and missed it.

DUNKS!!!!

I know dunking is not everything, but it shows he lacks explosiveness. His high steal rate comes from playing the passing lanes.

That is fair.

I thought his quickness might be above average, but it really isn’t. And definitely not explosive.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DUNKS!!!!

I considered Rubio too.

He's one of my fav players for his vision and defense. Probably the best passer in the game. In an international stage, when you take away Lebron and Giannis, etc, he can often be the best player in the game.

His shooting has slowly improved too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is every bit the ball handler and creator Kyrie is. Curry is a better shooter, Kyrie better at finishing near the rim. Both are very good at similar stuff.
Curry has no where near the handles of Kyrie. Not even in the same galaxy.