• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Won the Draft?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those assets could've been better used with an Edge at #9 and a WR later, but just my opinion. Glad they didn't, since that helped push Verse down to the Rams lol.
Probably was our plan B. I wouldn't be mad at getting Latu/Turner at 9 and maybe a Javon Baker/Troy Franklin at 75 but Odunze is hard to pass on and word is next years edge class is pretty good so hopefully we can hold up til then

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I haven't seen anyone that hasn't given them high marks for their draft. They are mentioned in just about every sports analysts as being a team that had a great draft. One analyst I read today ranked them as the #2 team in their draft results (they gave Chicago the #1 spot, but Chicago did have the advantage of having two top 10 picks).
No doubt the Bears had a helluva draft, but like you said it was largely based on two top 10 picks. The Commanders also had a solid draft, but they as well had the advantage of drafting early each round, not to mention having I believe 6 picks in the top 100, something like that.

But relative to where they sat in the draft order, I thought the Steelers simply nailed it. And the Rams weren't far behind them either, they too did very well.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the Bears had a helluva draft, but like you said it was largely based on two top 10 picks. The Commanders also had a solid draft, but they as well had the advantage of drafting early each round, not to mention having I believe 6 picks in the top 100, something like that.

But relative to where they sat in the draft order, I thought the Steelers simply nailed it. And the Rams weren't far behind them either, they too did very well.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen anything critical of the Steelers draft.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots because they actually drafted positions of need (yes I am not really saying that "won" but they did ok.)

As people have said the draft is a complete crap shot and it only matters on paper

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I haven't seen anyone that hasn't given them high marks for their draft. They are mentioned in just about every sports analysts as being a team that had a great draft. One analyst I read today ranked them as the #2 team in their draft results (they gave Chicago the #1 spot, but Chicago did have the advantage of having two top 10 picks).
I originally referred to the 'masses'... as in fans... Wasn't talking about actual sports analysts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fan thinks the Steelers draft kicks ass. I love it. A+
Happy Fx Networks GIF by Cake FX

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2 years, he's only a $10M cut. When will the Falcons be in starter QB range again with the roster they're putting together? It's an odd move, but I can see the strategy.

I'm glad they didn't take an Edge, since that pushed Verse down to the Rams. Thanks!

I heard on the radio that the Falcons tampering was worse than the Eagles and may cost them a first. Knowing this maybe they figured they better draft their possible franchise QB now when they have the opportunity.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on the radio that the Falcons tampering was worse than the Eagles and may cost them a first. Knowing this maybe they figured they better draft their possible franchise QB now when they have the opportunity.
I'd be pretty shocked if they lost a first round pick over it. Miami lost a first round pick over tampering a few years ago, but that was a rats nest of problems (IIRC it involved two people, and I think there was the money offered to lose games that year to the coaching staff...although maybe those weren't ever proven).

I think the worst case scenario is ATL forfeits a 2nd round pick (which is still a pretty big penalty). I think Arizona got caught tampering with a coach a few years ago and again, IIRC, they had to swap picks with that team.

It seems that you need multiple problems to lose a 1st round pick, or they have to determine that you created an unfair competitive advantage on the field (I believe this is why NE lost first round picks, twice).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be pretty shocked if they lost a first round pick over it. Miami lost a first round pick over tampering a few years ago, but that was a rats nest of problems (IIRC it involved two people, and I think there was the money offered to lose games that year to the coaching staff...although maybe those weren't ever proven).

I think the worst case scenario is ATL forfeits a 2nd round pick (which is still a pretty big penalty). I think Arizona got caught tampering with a coach a few years ago and again, IIRC, they had to swap picks with that team.

It seems that you need multiple problems to lose a 1st round pick, or they have to determine that you created an unfair competitive advantage on the field (I believe this is why NE lost first round picks, twice).
Another possibility is they move the Falcs 1st round pick to #32, bumping up everyone else.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rams paid too much to move up for Fiske, but they got their guy. Would've liked a LB or CB somewhere in the mix, but like the guys they did draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think I've seen anything critical of the Steelers draft.

Payton Wilson is a risk with his medicals, but worth a shot. I'm not going to nitpick about 6th rounders (and don't know much about Lee, Watts is a developmental pick), the rest are great picks.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wait every year for the draft gurus to come out saying they really blew it and the grades they gave out were way off. Some might do a redraft or talk about hits and misses, but it's pretty rare that they write something formative that states why they were way off in their grades. Instead they go back to their "talent and grade" articles for next year's draft, like they never wrote the idiocy in late April or early May.

You just never know who is going to pan out, meet or exceed their potential or have something bad happen. In the end it's a crap shoot and I have no idea how it turned into an industry that hundreds actually make a living doing.

Whatever, my get off my lawn moment is now over.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real winner of the draft is the friends we made along the way.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These tampering penalties are so random and arbitrary. Teams sign players all over the league the first moment they can, obviously they didn't start negotiations after the deadline to get deals done so quickly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These tampering penalties are so random and arbitrary. Teams sign players all over the league the first moment they can, obviously they didn't start negotiations after the deadline to get deals done so quickly.

The league provides a legal "tampering" period and still these teams don't adhere.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is one cool mother fucker. Just watched video of them in the draft room trying to trade up for Cooper DeJean.

Don't know how to post it.

The Eagles nailed this draft at their biggest need and were pumped about it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie is one cool mother fucker. Just watched video of them in the draft room trying to trade up for Cooper DeJean.

Don't know how to post it.

The Eagles nailed this draft at their biggest need and were pumped about it.
yep...greatest think since Pepsi Cola.

championship for sure
based on the effort last season