• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Won the Draft?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs did well.

Worthy was my favorite player in the draft. However, I think Chiefs fans need to stop thinking every speedy WR is Hill 2.0.. Hill is a rare WR... He doesn't have to be Hill 2.0 either. He should do what KC needs him to do.
Gist I'm getting is that Worthy's upside is somewhere halfway between Hollywood Brown and Tank Dell.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 2 years, he's only a $10M cut. When will the Falcons be in starter QB range again with the roster they're putting together? It's an odd move, but I can see the strategy.

I'm glad they didn't take an Edge, since that pushed Verse down to the Rams. Thanks!

Well I'd imagine the thought is to cut him after his 2 years, but Penix will be 26 by that time. And you're going to take him top 10 only to sit him for 2 years? If the plan is to start and keep Cousins for at least 2 years I don't get the selection at all.

As for what I thought the Falcons would do.. I expected them to take Latu, Murphy, Verse, or Turner.... they're in win now mode and Penix does not help a fuckin thing in that regard... absolutely baffling pick. Then, they traded up for Ruke Orhorhororh (fuck that name I'm not spelling it)? Did they think the previous names I mentioned were going to fall to their 2nd round pick?

Eh whatever, I think Penix is a great QB prospect and if he works out then it wont matter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'd imagine the thought is to cut him after his 2 years, but Penix will be 26 by that time. And you're going to take him top 10 only to sit him for 2 years? If the plan is to start and keep Cousins for at least 2 years I don't get the selection at all.

As for what I thought the Falcons would do.. I expected them to take Latu, Murphy, Verse, or Turner.... they're in win now mode and Penix does not help a fuckin thing in that regard... absolutely baffling pick. Then, they traded up for Ruke Orhorhororh (fuck that name I'm not spelling it)? Did they think the previous names I mentioned were going to fall to their 2nd round pick?

Eh whatever, I think Penix is a great QB prospect and if he works out then it wont matter.

They did keep their focus on the D line after Penix, with Orhorhoro, Trice and Dorlus (and Logue late). That's a pretty solid package of talent.

Reactions: DJ

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno about best, but the Eagles got exactly what they needed.

Two top DBs and some interesting depth.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did keep their focus on the D line after Penix, with Orhorhoro, Trice and Dorlus (and Logue late). That's a pretty solid package of talent.

Dorlus was a good pick. Trice was a solid pick. Very talented player as I watched him with UW, but I don't think he'll give opposing defensive coordinators anything to worry about. I think NFL tackles will be able to keep him out of the backfield just fine. He's a good leader on the field, but he's just not that quick or fast... he dropped a ton of weight (reportedly) to likely run faster in the combine... I think he'll find a place on Atlanta's roster, just not as a dangerous starter teams have to gameplan for.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the worries about his age. His contract is still 4 years with a 5th year option. The age only impacts what, his third contract maybe?

The vast majority of this draft was plus aged. Anyone borderline that were true juniors had that option of NIL money to stay. Ohio State is practically running a pro team next season with how many draftable guys they paid to return to school. That returning class may rival some of these draft classes.
The concern would be he backs up a minimum of 2yrs. They used a 1st round pick when they had plenty of holes to fill.
So let's assume he does pan out which won't be known for a while. He'll be 30 and looking for a big pay day. So they basically rented a player that at 29 may get his first start. He plays out his 4th year and Atlanta has some big decisions for a QB who has had 2x ACLs and 2x shoulder surgeries. Do they give him a 4yr deal assuming he didn't sustain any more season ending surgeries. That puts him at 34 or 35. I'd be concerned.