• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Won the Draft?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is a crap shoot. The off season is more than just the rookie classes. There are always differing opinions on how the draft unfolded. Having said all of that, who do you think won this year's draft? My top 5 choices below:
  • Chicago Bears
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Washington Commanders
  • Minnesota Vikings
Opinions on winning the draft tends to be a curse, as the game is actually played on the field and not on paper.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is a crap shoot. The off season is more than just the rookie classes. There are always differing opinions on how the draft unfolded. Having said all of that, who do you think won this year's draft? My top 5 choices below:
  • Chicago Bears
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Washington Commanders
  • Minnesota Vikings
Opinions on winning the draft tends to be a curse, as the game is actually played on the field and not on paper.
the bears.
They landed the top punter!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears won the draft on paper.

Atlanta WTF were they thinking? Don't get me wrong I like Pennix. Cousins just signed a huge 2yr deal and Pennix is 24. He'll be 26 before he sees the field barring injury. Waste of a pick for that franchise IMO.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering the totality of what the Bears picked up with their draft picks and trades to acquire those picks, plus the fact the Panthers felt so bad for fleecing the Bears out of Young they tanked last season to make up for it, the Bears hands down. Oh, and Atlanta, thank you for grabbing your back up qb.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta WTF were they thinking? Don't get me wrong I like Pennix. Cousins just signed a huge 2yr deal and Pennix is 24. He'll be 26 before he sees the field barring injury. Waste of a pick for that franchise IMO.
I don't get the worries about his age. His contract is still 4 years with a 5th year option. The age only impacts what, his third contract maybe?

The vast majority of this draft was plus aged. Anyone borderline that were true juniors had that option of NIL money to stay. Ohio State is practically running a pro team next season with how many draftable guys they paid to return to school. That returning class may rival some of these draft classes.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Chicago Bears
  • Philadelphia Eagles
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Washington Commanders
  • Minnesota Vikings
we,ll know in 5 years

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs, of course... :D

Kidding. But I liked what Brett Veach did with the draft position we had. And definitely interested in seeing if X factor (Xavier Worthy) will be Tyreek Hill 2.0, or road kill considering that slight 165 lb. frame...

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kidding. But I liked what Brett Veach did with the draft position we had. And definitely interested in seeing if X factor (Xavier Worthy) will be Tyreek Hill 2.0, or road kill considering that slight 165 lb. frame...

Chiefs did well.

Worthy was my favorite player in the draft. However, I think Chiefs fans need to stop thinking every speedy WR is Hill 2.0.. Hill is a rare WR... He doesn't have to be Hill 2.0 either. He should do what KC needs him to do.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills and Rams both filled needs very well, can't complain too much. I hope Keon Coleman proves me wrong, I really wanted Ladd at that pick.

Still surprised the Bills didn't double-dip at WR or use some of those 5th rounders to trade up in the middle rounds. Supposedly the Bills will be signing a WR soon that they had worked out recently, hopefully it's someone interesting. They did take the 5th rounder they got from the Bears for Ryan Bates and traded it back to the Bears for a 4th next year, which was interesting.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

expecting bad things from an andy reid coached team is stupid.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the worries about his age. His contract is still 4 years with a 5th year option. The age only impacts what, his third contract maybe?

The vast majority of this draft was plus aged. Anyone borderline that were true juniors had that option of NIL money to stay. Ohio State is practically running a pro team next season with how many draftable guys they paid to return to school. That returning class may rival some of these draft classes.
Drake Maye is 21 years old. He can now buy bear.....

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta with Penix was baffling to me. Penix IMO does need to sit a year (I was saying this well before the draft) and Cousins is a good player to do that behind, but wtf is their plan? They could've taken someone like Latu or Odunze and seriously boosted their chance to win the NFC. I guess they feel Cousins is a short term option that they'd be willing to cut in a year or two... that's an expensive option btw lol.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does one buy bear?

Pretty sure it's not sold in stores. Probably your best bet is to reach out to locally within your community and find someone who hunted it.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta with Penix was baffling to me. Penix IMO does need to sit a year (I was saying this well before the draft) and Cousins is a good player to do that behind, but wtf is their plan? They could've taken someone like Latu or Odunze and seriously boosted their chance to win the NFC. I guess they feel Cousins is a short term option that they'd be willing to cut in a year or two... that's an expensive option btw lol.
After 2 years, he's only a $10M cut. When will the Falcons be in starter QB range again with the roster they're putting together? It's an odd move, but I can see the strategy.

I'm glad they didn't take an Edge, since that pushed Verse down to the Rams. Thanks!