• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who wins the 3rd and 4th WR positions?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard same argument for guys like Jonte Green, Chris Greenwood, and Jason Fox until the day they were cut.

Green was actually pretty good for us in a few games before the injury. Not the same afterwards. Never like d Greenwood. D3 guys usually don't make it. For every 1 that does there are 100 who getted picked up and don't make it. Fox never recovered from the injury as far as I can see. Think he lost his confidence. Before the injury he was a 1st round pick so it was noting more than a roll of the dice.

I also see your point, but in Fullers case it different in that he needs time only because he did not play the game very long. No guarantee that he becomes good, but again its a small gamble that could pay off big.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I mean, my expectations are low. History teaches me this.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping Moore just makes sense. His experience is key. I think they keep Fuller no matter what but he needs to show he can win consistently on the outside. He should be the top deep threat on the team given Tate and CJ should be drawing most of the coverage. I think Broyles should get a spot but I think it comes down to whether or not they keep an extra RB.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need Fuller to be great, just good and catch the ball. Just get open and contribute. The 3rd WR probably wont get too many grabs because the RBs and TEs will get most of those.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many WRs does everyone think we'll keep, 5 or 6?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we keep 5 because we have Riddick and Ebron. Plus, I'm assuming a FB and 4 RBs. I doubt they cut a whole lot of guys in the secondary either.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we keep 5 because we have Riddick and Ebron. Plus, I'm assuming a FB and 4 RBs. I doubt they cut a whole lot of guys in the secondary either.
Agreed, for those very same reasons.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we keep Fuller and Moore for sure besides our 2 studs. That leaves Ross, Broyles, Jones, and some practice guys. I would rather Jones for sure and maybe Broyles. Let Ross go. I might consider getting rid of our TEs. Williams, Fauria and the no names can all go. Just carry Pettigrew and Ebron for now. Then we can carry a Fullback. I honestly think if Moore has anything left that Broyles is gone.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we keep Fuller and Moore for sure besides our 2 studs. That leaves Ross, Broyles, Jones, and some practice guys. I would rather Jones for sure and maybe Broyles. Let Ross go. I might consider getting rid of our TEs. Williams, Fauria and the no names can all go. Just carry Pettigrew and Ebron for now. Then we can carry a Fullback. I honestly think if Moore has anything left that Broyles is gone.
Carrying just two TEs is pretty risky- whole game plans would be fucked with a single injury on game day. Williams is firmly a tackle now, too- doesn't look like he's got any TE snaps in his immediate future.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrying just two TEs is pretty risky- whole game plans would be fucked with a single injury on game day. Williams is firmly a tackle now, too- doesn't look like he's got any TE snaps in his immediate future.

I dont think we will be game planning around TEs. Especially with all the new RBs and slot guys. Ebron will get some packages, but we will be running alot and throwing to the guys who can actually catch.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we will be game planning around TEs. Especially with all the new RBs and slot guys. Ebron will get some packages, but we will be running a lot and throwing to the guys who can actually catch.
I don't think it's so much an issue of not game-planning around TEs, but the two-TE set is a staple in all 32 offenses across the league. If we opted to roll with only two TEs we'd have to scrap every play in the book with a two TE set, since you can't bank on both TEs staying healthy all game, let alone all season.

Imo, that would be akin to carrying only two DEs, or two CBs, or two RBs- you simply need more than two guys at pretty much every non-special-teams position you plan on having on the field, save for maybe QB where some teams roll with just two.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, joy! At this pace maybe Fuller can play a few games for Miami in a couple of years. Lucky kid.
Actually...he went from the practice squad to getting P.T., even catching a game winning TD. At that pace he should have pro bowl numbers.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's so much an issue of not game-planning around TEs, but the two-TE set is a staple in all 32 offenses across the league. If we opted to roll with only two TEs we'd have to scrap every play in the book with a two TE set, since you can't bank on both TEs staying healthy all game, let alone all season.

Imo, that would be akin to carrying only two DEs, or two CBs, or two RBs- you simply need more than two guys at pretty much every non-special-teams position you plan on having on the field, save for maybe QB where some teams roll with just two.

I doubt they would do it, but there is no rule that says we have to have 2 TE sets.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see us keeping less than 5 WR. I guess that would have us carrying CJ, Tate, Broyles, Jones, and Fuller in my dream world. I don't think this is actually going to happen, but it's what I would like. I think Broyles should be good enough to see the field and the company line of him filling the same position in the offense as Tate is stupid. I actually think Fuller sucks, but I would like to see him improve and actually deserve a spot. I put Jones on here because it would be nice to see him be good enough to warrant a roster spot. I hope Moore doesn't make it just because I'd rather have one of the young guys force the coaches to keep them instead. And then I have Ross off because I see him as less likely to improve. Even though I like the idea of his skillset better than Fuller's.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on Zach Zenner.

If he's worthy of a roster spot, a receiver could very we'll lose out to Riddick. As RBs were 3rd, 4th, and 6th in receiving yards anyway.

Fuller finished behind Ebron for 8th. Even worse, Ross was the guy that finished 5th. Gotta find a return guy that isn't a starting running back so he can be dismissed.

Can TJ Jones handle returns?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's worthy of a roster spot, a receiver could very we'll lose out to Riddick. As RBs were 3rd, 4th, and 6th in receiving yards anyway.

Fuller finished behind Ebron for 8th. Even worse, Ross was the guy that finished 5th. Gotta find a return guy that isn't a starting running back so he can be dismissed.

Yes

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ross definitely makes the roster to return punts and kicks, but for me he needs to be a fifth WR. I'd love to see Broyles back healthy to be a #3, but see no reason that we should expect he will plus he's smallish. If we had two big outside WRs I'd like having Moore, but he's another midget who can't stay healthy.

I smell a signing when other teams start releasing guys for our #4WR (big, outside WR), and maybe the #3 unless Broyles really is as healthy as they're saying, which I doubt. Fuller will get a chance if they can find someone to return kicks and they can release Ross. Jones for me is a practice squad guy unless something changes about his health and play. Yet another slot guy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we're gonna see a whole lot of 3 and 4 wide sets that it will really matter. This is a run first team who will probably keep an extra blocker out there (say Pettigrew) over a third WR most times.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of 2 back sets too.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No because Swarm doesnt like him.