• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cardinals biggest wildcard would be Jon Cooper. One of the best interior oline prospects ever.

Niners biggest wildcard is any of their backups not named Blaine Gabbert. Ill go Vance McDonald who should see use because..TE...Harbaugh..

Seahawks. Justin Britt. Mizzou ran the ball very well in college so Britt makes sense at RT but he is being thrown into the fire on a subpar unit.

Rams. Just one? Has to be Kenny Britt. Rams haven't had a real #1 WR since Holt.

Niners would be Tank at DE. Top 15 talent but tore his ACL towards end of year. Fully ready to go and has been great in Training camp so far.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this divisions gonna be a Sharknado !!!

sharknado-photo-788432467.gif

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
:lame: I never said Ward won't be a stud, I asked you why you think he will be. The guy won't play more than 60% of the team's snaps, if that, because he's stuck behind Bethea and Reid. He's never even played nickel corner but to you, he's already a stud? :laugh3:

I'm not sure why you even post. Frankly, it's just hot air with no substance. OK, since you've never heard of Football outsiders, it's a reputable statistical service so clowns like you can learn something of what happens in the trenches, since you only watch the redzone.

As stated, SF is in the lower echelon of Pass Blocking and Run Blocking in the NFL for 2013. They're overrated because pudwackers like you read mike sando and think the 49ers have the best OL in football. Sorry, they don't. Or Mike Iupati is the best guard because he gets voted to reputation based pro bowls. He's not that great.

Football Outsiders - Stats of the 2013 NFL OL - Pass and Run Block

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/3/

Here is another site for you. 13th is pass pro and 3rd in running. Most 49er fans know that our line isn't the best pass blocking line. But they aren't at the bottom. To say otherwise is a joke. And honestly takes all credit away from that site if they have them in the bottom group

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so your question on releasing him...there is no reason to. It hurts them cap wise but otherwise nothing major. I agree with the stance the team is taking. I have said that. I said Carroll saying what he did was stupid. If I was Lynch I would use that in my talks with the team of you said honor the contract so if I honor it this year you better honor it next. The way he said it though makes it sound like players should always honor the contract but don't expect the team to do the same back.

Again on guaranteed money tell me what I said that is actually wrong instead of just saying an insult but adding nothing to the actual discussion. Tell me how I am being vague. Doesn't help me much to clarify if I have no idea what part isn't clear.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals biggest wildcard would be Jon Cooper. One of the best interior oline prospects ever.

Niners biggest wildcard is any of their backups not named Blaine Gabbert. Ill go Vance McDonald who should see use because..TE...Harbaugh..

Seahawks. Justin Britt. Mizzou ran the ball very well in college so Britt makes sense at RT but he is being thrown into the fire on a subpar unit.

Rams. Just one? Has to be Kenny Britt. Rams haven't had a real #1 WR since Holt.

Britt may not even start for Seattle this year. Seahawks signed veteran Eric Winston this week after Bowie got dinged up this week it was looking like there was a good chance Britt might get that nod, but now that they brought in a capable veteran Britt might be fighting for limited game time.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so your question on releasing him...there is no reason to. It hurts them cap wise but otherwise nothing major. I agree with the stance the team is taking. I have said that. I said Carroll saying what he did was stupid. If I was Lynch I would use that in my talks with the team of you said honor the contract so if I honor it this year you better honor it next. The way he said it though makes it sound like players should always honor the contract but don't expect the team to do the same back.

Again on guaranteed money tell me what I said that is actually wrong instead of just saying an insult but adding nothing to the actual discussion. Tell me how I am being vague. Doesn't help me much to clarify if I have no idea what part isn't clear.

No sweat CD.

If Lynch makes the final cutdown, he gets his money. Same with next year, he has to make the team to get his base salary which is huge. If he makes the team he gets what is owed to him. If Marshawn does not make the team, he forfeits his base salary and other reporting incentives.
That is what Pete meant when saying the FO honors the contract.
If a player has negotiated a great prior contract, it is often that near the end of that contract that his risk/reward ratio becomes out of balance from the FO's position. Player is then released or traded. You already know that.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, the Sharknado post was the best I've ever seen from him!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks can cut Lynch whenever they want to without penalty. Lynch is due $5M this year and $5.5M next year, (plus bonuses), but none of the money is guaranteed. He has a 2015 cap hit of $1.5M which will count against the Seahawks next year regardless of whether he's on the team or not. At this point he looks to be worth the money the Seahawks are paying him and I don't see anyone else paying him significantly more. If he were to retire the Seahawks would be entitled to seek money back from him for part of his signing bonus.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sweat CD.

If Lynch makes the final cutdown, he gets his money. Same with next year, he has to make the team to get his base salary which is huge. If he makes the team he gets what is owed to him. If Marshawn does not make the team, he forfeits his base salary and other reporting incentives.
That is what Pete meant when saying the FO honors the contract.
If a player has negotiated a great prior contract, it is often that near the end of that contract that his risk/reward ratio becomes out of balance from the FO's position. Player is then released or traded. You already know that.

What I am saying is most other sports the whole contract is actually almost completely guaranteed. So cutting a player is that much tougher where the NFL teams get out of contracts left and right. With the new CBA they made it even tougher for players as the threat of holding out hurts the team a little with not having a quality player on the team but it hurts the player more with losing money everyday in fines. My thought is Lynch has held out this long and forfeited a $900,000 bonus if I remember right so he has shown he is in it for the long haul. This is one of those situations where both sides are right in the way they are handling the situation. Lynch realizes he has maybe 2 good years left in him in the NFL. Having a contract that runs out essentially after this year (I think most agree he will be cut after this year) means it will be that much harder to find a deal with teams knowing he only has maybe one year left in him. He is trying to maximize his value and can't blame a player for doing so. Again though the Seahawks have every right to make him honor his contract and cannot be forced to pay him more than what he is promised. It could set a bad precedent if they did so it is a matter of risk/reward here...As an organization do you risk losing one of your best players for the year when you are in a Super Bowl window but at the cost that later negotiations will be that much harder with players? Tough choice.

Now if that is what Carroll meant by what he said then that is one of those "NO DUH" type comments. Of course if you make the team you get paid what you are owed. The team would be sued if they didn't. The way he said it though at least to me and others in the media made it sound like he should honor the contract he has but don't expect the team to do the same back to you. I think almost every one knows that Seattle doesn't plan to honor the last year of the contract unless something crazy happens. Heck they cut players this year with still years on their contracts so they have already shown they expect the player to honor the contract but the same rules don't apply to them. Every team does it so it isn't like they are a bad franchise obviously that abuses the system, just not sure why Carroll felt he needed to say that?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am saying is most other sports the whole contract is actually almost completely guaranteed. So cutting a player is that much tougher where the NFL teams get out of contracts left and right. With the new CBA they made it even tougher for players as the threat of holding out hurts the team a little with not having a quality player on the team but it hurts the player more with losing money everyday in fines. My thought is Lynch has held out this long and forfeited a $900,000 bonus if I remember right so he has shown he is in it for the long haul. This is one of those situations where both sides are right in the way they are handling the situation. Lynch realizes he has maybe 2 good years left in him in the NFL. Having a contract that runs out essentially after this year (I think most agree he will be cut after this year) means it will be that much harder to find a deal with teams knowing he only has maybe one year left in him. He is trying to maximize his value and can't blame a player for doing so. Again though the Seahawks have every right to make him honor his contract and cannot be forced to pay him more than what he is promised. It could set a bad precedent if they did so it is a matter of risk/reward here...As an organization do you risk losing one of your best players for the year when you are in a Super Bowl window but at the cost that later negotiations will be that much harder with players? Tough choice.

Now if that is what Carroll meant by what he said then that is one of those "NO DUH" type comments. Of course if you make the team you get paid what you are owed. The team would be sued if they didn't. The way he said it though at least to me and others in the media made it sound like he should honor the contract he has but don't expect the team to do the same back to you. I think almost every one knows that Seattle doesn't plan to honor the last year of the contract unless something crazy happens. Heck they cut players this year with still years on their contracts so they have already shown they expect the player to honor the contract but the same rules don't apply to them. Every team does it so it isn't like they are a bad franchise obviously that abuses the system, just not sure why Carroll felt he needed to say that?

As HC, Pete was asked to comment on Marshawn's holdout. This is what he said...
"It's a contract for a reason. We made a decision and it was signed, by us and by them," Carroll told USA TODAY Sports after the Seahawks' first training camp practice. "We expect them to honor their contract just as we will. We're going to honor it and we expect them to do the same. …

Somehow, you read into those words that Seattle would honor all contracts until they expire. That was in no way Pete's intent.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As HC, Pete was asked to comment on Marshawn's holdout. This is what he said...
"It's a contract for a reason. We made a decision and it was signed, by us and by them," Carroll told USA TODAY Sports after the Seahawks' first training camp practice. "We expect them to honor their contract just as we will. We're going to honor it and we expect them to do the same. …

Somehow, you read into those words that Seattle would honor all contracts until they expire. That was in no way Pete's intent.

I guess the question is then why answer the question in that way? Of course base salary and all of that for this year they have to honor. It is illegal for them to not. It would be like my employer saying here is your contract for the year and both parties signing it then they not paying me. That is illegal and I would take them to court in a heart beat.

So again if he meant it of we will honor this year's contract to him then that is kind of a "No Duh" kind of comment. They don't have a choice unless they cut him and take the $3 million dead money hit. Which I guess they can do but it would be stupid to cut such a good player to only save maybe a million or two.

Also again players and the media both have read it exactly as I have in then why don't teams actually have to honor the full contract? It is not just me that has read it this way. It is why players all across the league have tweeted about this and why the media for a day or two kept bringing up this very comment saying that was a bad way to say that.

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Givens will be the biggest beneficiary of Bradford coming back. Clemens couldn't get him the ball at all.

Austin and Quick will be big parts of the offense but a #1 WR would open everything up.

We have a good talent at WR. I hope a number one opens up for Bradford this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good talent at WR. I hope a number one opens up for Bradford this year.

I am definitely interested to see how the Rams WR core fares this season. They have all the talent in the world to at least be a top-5 unit among WR's. Can they actually put it together and can Bradford or whoever actually maximize that talent?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the question is then why answer the question in that way? Of course base salary and all of that for this year they have to honor. It is illegal for them to not. It would be like my employer saying here is your contract for the year and both parties signing it then they not paying me. That is illegal and I would take them to court in a heart beat.

So again if he meant it of we will honor this year's contract to him then that is kind of a "No Duh" kind of comment. They don't have a choice unless they cut him and take the $3 million dead money hit. Which I guess they can do but it would be stupid to cut such a good player to only save maybe a million or two.

Also again players and the media both have read it exactly as I have in then why don't teams actually have to honor the full contract? It is not just me that has read it this way. It is why players all across the league have tweeted about this and why the media for a day or two kept bringing up this very comment saying that was a bad way to say that.

Gertting back to why this is a huge mistake, as you said it. Why is it such a huge mistake?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gertting back to why this is a huge mistake, as you said it. Why is it such a huge mistake?

Maybe huge mistake wasn't the best wording but I can see players speaking out negatively towards the organization because of a comment like this. Kind of like the Harbaugh "we are above reproach" comment that is used every time a 49ers players gets in trouble. I mean it already has media and players both commenting on it and how it was a stupid thing to say. Maybe it goes away but these kind of comments have a way of resurfacing.