• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will win the NFC West this year?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about how it will ALL come down to Seattles oline. With the injuries they sustained, they were possibly the worst in the league and still won 13 games, including several against these teams with great front sevens. Oh, but this year, watch out!

As bad as it was in Seattle I would say Baltimore, NY Giants, Miami, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Jacksonville all had as bad or worse OL play.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to hear people act like Seattle was significantly better than SF or AZ last year. They arguably got a little help from their striped friends to barely beat SF on a last second play in the playoffs (in general, not on that particular play). The Cards took half the year to get comfortable in their new system with half the roster new players and after that were the most dominant team in the division (beat SEA in their own house if you recall).

Rams will be way better this year. AZ is the biggest question mark...losing Dansby and Washington is HUGE. If they don't fill that void, they could end up in 4th place. If they do, to some reasonable extent, anything is possible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny to hear people act like Seattle was significantly better than SF or AZ last year. They arguably got a little help from their striped friends to barely beat SF on a last second play in the playoffs (in general, not on that particular play). The Cards took half the year to get comfortable in their new system with half the roster new players and after that were the most dominant team in the division (beat SEA in their own house if you recall).

Rams will be way better this year. AZ is the biggest question mark...losing Dansby and Washington is HUGE. If they don't fill that void, they could end up in 4th place. If they do, to some reasonable extent, anything is possible.

I will say for the Cardinals this year it is like they got 2 1st round picks considering their 8th overall pick or whatever went down early. That left side of the OL should be huge and moving people. I could see Arizona become a pound it over the left side and ware teams down then go play action pass with the big time receivers. Helps the defense out to not be on the field as much and forces teams to have to stay in the game throughout. A lot of what San Fran and Seattle both did last year. I expect the same from St. Louis as well with their OL getting a huge boost.

Really I would say the NFC West and NFC South are going to be the best divisions to watch this year of who is going to come out on top. I can't really see any team running away with it in either division as from top to bottom every team stands a decent chance.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lame bets? This thread is about who would win the NFC West. Apparently anyone who says a team other than Seattle is open to attack. You two idiots came at me. I'm just asking you to put up or shut up. Seattle won't win their division this year

Yes lame bets. This thread is not about put your account/avatar/etc on the line for predictions. It's an off season discussion about your opinions.

Now had one of the people you are trying to punk said something like "I guarantee that Seattle wins the SB again" Then, and only then, might you have something. That didn't happen.

What was my first post in this thread? Something along the lines of it's a tight division and it will come down to who has the least, or least damaging injuries. So how does telling me to put up or shut up apply to that? It doesn't. Try reading before you keep making yourself look more and more like an uninformed ass.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5111535-post8.html
Seattle = 49'ers > zona > Rams until proven otherwise.

The problem with predicting who wins the west is they are all so close that the difference is going to come down to injuries and anyone trying to predict that is just going off wishful thinking more than anything concrete.

The team with the least high profile injuries that recovers and is at the fullest strength around the playoffs will be in the best position.

So I'll ask you again why you feel the need to keep being lame as clearly your bullshit doesn't apply here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so few things I have figured out just doing a bit of research. First off not sure why I missed this earlier but you can't count Walter Thurmond in the numbers. He was not a starter. This list is counting who would have been starting week 1 if healthy. They also go off of the base defense which is the 4-3 for Seattle. That means Thurmond's 4 do not count. 2nd is that Browner's suspension did not start officially until December 18th with 2 games left in the regular season. That means 6 of his 8 games that he missed this past season were counted as injuries not suspension. So at most you can claim that Suspensions cost your team an extra 6 games. There are plenty of teams that fell in that area or close with 4 game suspensions.

So sorry but my stats still hold pretty true. Throw in again what matters is how much of the team was still intact at the end of the year when you need them most. I could care less if Von Miller and Ryan Clady missed the first 4-6 games because of injuries or suspensions. There are enough bad teams that we will play that we can overcome that and still make the playoffs. I would much rather have the games they play be the most important ones not some regular season game against some 4-12 team.

For someone that continues to assert that you aren't a hater, you sure do camp out in ALL threads Seattle related and have no end to your not so subtle attempts to knock them down a peg.

Thurmond was their #3 CB and replaced Browner when he was injured. His suspension came at that same time. This means both Browner AND Thurmond were out for the same 4 week stretch leaving Maxwell and Lane to fill in their roles.

You can continue to stubbornly dismiss this, but how many other teams lose their #2 and #3 corners for a month going into the last games of the season and still win HFA?

I've already said they were fortunate to not have substantial injuries outside of Rice in the playoffs so why you keep banging that drum is beyond me, but bang away you will continue no doubt. :L

You, on the other hand, cannot accept that it was still pretty impressive to see them lose so many key players over the course of this season and still only lose 3 games. You appear to believe that ONLY your health in the playoffs matter, but without those critical wins along they way during that spell where most of the offense was injured and they never reach the post season, or at least not have HFA and a clear path to the SB.

Back away from the cliff man. Seattle beat your team, but it's really going to be ok. You don't have to keep trying to knock us down to feel better. I'm sure the Broncos will bounce back and give you joy next year.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For someone that continues to assert that you aren't a hater, you sure do camp out in ALL threads Seattle related and have no end to your not so subtle attempts to knock them down a peg.

Thurmond was their #3 CB and replaced Browner when he was injured. His suspension came at that same time. This means both Browner AND Thurmond were out for the same 4 week stretch leaving Maxwell and Lane to fill in their roles.

You can continue to stubbornly dismiss this, but how many other teams lose their #2 and #3 corners for a month going into the last games of the season and still win HFA?

I've already said they were fortunate to not have substantial injuries outside of Rice in the playoffs so why you keep banging that drum is beyond me, but bang away you will continue no doubt. :L

You, on the other hand, cannot accept that it was still pretty impressive to see them lose so many key players over the course of this season and still only lose 3 games. You appear to believe that ONLY your health in the playoffs matter, but without those critical wins along they way during that spell where most of the offense was injured and they never reach the post season, or at least not have HFA and a clear path to the SB.

Back away from the cliff man. Seattle beat your team, but it's really going to be ok. You don't have to keep trying to knock us down to feel better. I'm sure the Broncos will bounce back and give you joy next year.

crazy to think back to the stretch, Seattle without 3 of 5 Olineman, and their top 2 wide outs! Yeah Russel Wilson is overated and in a perfect situation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem fixated on only my negative posts about the Seahawks and never comment on my ones where I paint them in a very glowing picture. On the Russell Wilson posts I said that he is a very good quarterback with a good chance to join that elite class if he continues to grow. I have said that Lynch is a ridiculous RB in this league. I have said the LOB creates nightmares all over the field for players while the front 7 is pretty darn good in its own right leading to what was one of the best defenses if not the best since the 00' Ravens. Somehow you choose to ignore those.

Again the article I posted was only for starters and games lost by starters. WT is considered a back up where Browner was supposed to be the starter for the year. Browner missed 8 games this past season with 6 of those being considered injury related and only the last 2 being considered suspension. The Seahawks had a magical season but there is no reason to try and sensationalize the season by also then trying to show they overcame all of these devastating injuries along the way. Last year was the worst year in NFL history for injuries. So to say your team was injured almost as much as any team in the league is erroneous. Your team was about middle of the pack for starters being lost to injury. That is a fact and can't argue. I guess if you want to include the suspension you can include those 6 games in your number if it makes you feel better.

Again I think you cheer for a great team that most likely will be great again this year barring injuries and are one of the few that can handle even a few key injuries. I do think since your division is a much tougher one to win that a few key injuries could be the difference though between winning the division and losing it (when I say key injuries I don't mean quarterback as we all know every team would go down hill in a hurry if their starting quarterback went down).

I'm sorry I don't just blow smoke up your butt about how great your team is. I can notice strengths and weaknesses in every team including my own. I realize for the Broncos they have a very young group of unproven RB's expected to carry the load. We also have no clue who our starting Right Tackle is and our MLB position looks like the weakest on the team. I notice that a lot of key players that are expected to play big roles are coming off of injuries last year in Miller, Moore, Clady, Ware, Talib, and Harris. No clue how all of those guys return. So obviously some big question marks. I can do that for just about every team. Doesn't make me a hater of every team just means I can see those kind of things. Now as for commenting towards your Seahawks...I'm sorry but just about every other thread is a Seahawks thread on here this off season. So if I want to comment that most likely means I have to comment on something Seahawks related.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving a few neutral or even minor positives and then always following them up with but... doesn't mask your true intentions. Just doesn't.

For some reason you have a serious case of the ass over Seattle's injuries and I guess we will just have to accept that. No amount of words appears to help here.

They had some devastating injuries and managed to overcome them. This is fact, not opinion. Your article did not show where they didn't have injury, in fact it put them around middle of the road. Add in the suspensions and they had their share of starters missing games over the course of the season. This again is fact, not opinion. During the middle of the year where they were missing 3/5 of their starting Oline including their best lineman and starting LT they also had already lost their top 2 WR's and Browner went down at the same time. AND THEY STILL WON GAMES.

This is all we were saying. You can harp on it until the cows come home, but any suggestion they can't play with injury was already proven wrong last year. End of story.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they can't play with injury. I'm pointing out that some of you think Seattle was the devastatingly injured team when really they were middle of the pack in that area. You were missing 3 of your starters on the OL for a while...good for you. Broncos were missing 1 for the whole season and another for all but 5 games. Then they had about 2-3 games where then the RT went down and had to move their RG to RT for a while. The Giants were missing almost the entire starting unit for a good chunk of the season. Miami had 2 just quit middle of the season. The Steelers were another just having guys go down left and right. I can do this for just about every team out there. You can complain all day long of how "devastated" your OL was but most teams had to struggle through similar situations at at least one position or another.

Yes you overcame those injuries and won. That is what good teams do and your team was one of the good ones. Broncos and Patriots did the same thing. I'm not arguing that. Some of you though keep bringing up all these injuries and how your team overcame such adversity when really every team was going through pretty much the same thing. Only a handful of teams really lucked out on the injury front. Many though were completely ripped apart like that of the Giants this past season.

Again I'm sorry that I don't think your team is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can recognize greatness when I see it and Seattle was a great team last year with a defense that will be talked about for many many years among the greats. Russell Wilson will be in the league for many years winning many games. I can also recognize some of the weaknesses of your team. That doesn't mean I think they suck. It means I can be realistic when looking around the league. Like I said I recognize the weaknesses of the Broncos and see plenty of ways that they won't win a Super Bowl this next year. They need lots of things to go their way just like almost every Super Bowl winner. It is why it is so dang hard to repeat. It is why I won't be surprised if the Broncos don't make it to the Super Bowl as it almost never happens where a team gets back.

Again half of the threads on this board are about Seattle. That is why I talk about them a lot. If anybody wants to talk about another team I would be more than happy to talk about them. You want me to talk about your hated rivals the 49ers and all that is wrong with them...They have some major major question marks in the secondary. Not a huge fan of the Bethea signing as I don't think he is an upgrade at all and the CB position honestly is why I struggle seeing them win the Super Bowl this year. They also are relying quite a bit on some aging stars in Boldin, Smith, Willis, Gore, and even Davis is hitting that 30 year mark. Now they have some great potential in a lot of the young talent but potential is a very dangerous word in the sports arena. Kaepernick is a very streaky player that I also have trouble trusting lead this team to victory. He relies way too much on his legs and if teams just force him to stay inside the pocket he really looks uncomfortable. I think teams will do better at that this year leading to him really having to prove he can improve as a passer.

Again I would love to talk about other teams and mix up thoughts and ideas about them. This board because it is dominated by Seattle fans and people who want to talk about Seattle (if you look I have yet to ever start a thread about the Seahawks in any way shape or form) all conversations lean that way. I just join the conversation. If you choose to ignore when I do compliment the team and only focus on my negative posts then that is your problem not mine. Also the whole following up a compliment and then following it up with a "But" thing is not unique to that of just you Seahawks. I write in that style quite often even when speaking about my Broncos. I like to not get too overly optimistic yet too negative.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 9 or 10. It sounds like you are scared of my original bet of the division. Must be ringing true. SF or St Louis got ya scared:whistle:

OK, you said 9 or 10. You take the 10 or less and I take better then 10. Avatar bet for a month.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as it was in Seattle I would say Baltimore, NY Giants, Miami, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Jacksonville all had as bad or worse OL play.

Ok.... And?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck with that bet. My guess would be he is either banned or doesn't honor it.

My guess is he ignores my post, because he knows he was talking out of his asshole.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think Seattle ''runs the table'', you are on crack. SF is every bit as good as Seattle. St Louis might be a year away, but if their QB remains healthy, they match up with Seattle. The Seahawks weakness, their OL, will be dismantled by the Rams front four. The Rams additions of Greg Robinson on the OL and Tre Mason at running back will help them pound the rock at Seattle's undersized front, neutralizing their great secondary
Seattle only lost three games last year and were in EVERY single one of those losses. With a couple right bounces of the ball, the Seahawks may have gone undefeated last year. And they were the youngest or second youngest team to ever win the Superbowl? This team has yet to enter its prime. And it returned practically all of its starters.

Do I think they will run the table? Honestly no. Too many things need to go your way for that to happen. Can it happen? Absolutely, the odds of it happening are realistic

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd7, that's a hell of a long post. Makes some of my posts look like one liners. I read the first sentence of each one anyway, but I said my peace and don't think there is any need to continue this. You have your issues and I pointed them out. And I stand by everything I've said. Time to move on.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because you're tired of watching the Cowboys flop?

Cowboys flop? That's a riot coming from a Seahawks fan. Rip the Cowboys all you want, rip Jerry Jones too. But as bad as GM Jerry has been, he has accomplished something as GM that the Seahawks Owner, GM, Coaches, Players and Fans will never, ever, EVER get to experience. 3 out of 4. 3 Super Bowl Titles in 4 years. A Dynasty. And do you know why you won't get to? Because your little LOD team isn't fucking good enough lol. The 90's Cowboys accomplished that in a time when there were other all time great teams. The Steve Young Niners, one of the greatest teams ever. Favre's Packers. Reggie White's Eagles. Jim Kelly's Bills. Even in today's watered down NFL, one is all your team will be good for. Nice year indeed, but in the grand scheme, just another team