• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who Will Start At QB for the 2015 BYU Game

Who will start at QB against BYU in 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one simply coach a guy to start seeing the field better?

That is sech a natural ability en sech.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one simply coach a guy to start seeing the field better?

That is sech a natural ability en sech.

Well you can coach a guy to read defenses. That's kind of my point.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure but I am guessing Jed means we'll be screwed because of their fragile psyche right now. Never thought about it but if so he has a point. If not what you meant Jed than I'll take this and make it my idea. Think about it, Pelini has brain washed them that the system is out to screw them.

The biggest thing Riley has to do is get this team to drop that thinking and rally behind him. If he starts firing starters who the rest the team supports than he can have a mutiny on his hands.
-------
Don't think fragile psyches have much to do with it.....as we're not talking 15 year old kids. More like "dented egos". I've already mentioned that I don't expect that great of year next year because of this aspect. And in all fairness it depends on how well Riley can sell his ideas. The starting defense alone could take a serious hit (and others get promoted). I'm just hoping for the best.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embrace the University and the fan base instead of lament them? Ridiculous approach

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you can coach a guy to read defenses. That's kind of my point.

I think back to when I played basketball and I remember certain players could play point guard and others couldn't simply because they lacked the ability to make passes without thinking.

Certain players just have a natural ability to hit windows and automatically calculate depth without thinking at all. It was always something that couldn't be taught......you either had it, or you didn't.

Playing QB is the same way. Reading Defenses and everything is a must......all the things you can learn is a must. But "seeing the field" is something that can't be explained by a coach. When you're one of these gifted players you have the ability to see with peripheral vision and calculate depth. It's a brain issue. You just either developed it growing up, or you didn't.

Fumble_Rooskie

Big Red Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think back to when I played basketball and I remember certain players could play point guard and others couldn't simply because they lacked the ability to make passes without thinking.

Certain players just have a natural ability to hit windows and automatically calculate depth without thinking at all. It was always something that couldn't be taught......you either had it, or you didn't.

Playing QB is the same way. Reading Defenses and everything is a must......all the things you can learn is a must. But "seeing the field" is something that can't be explained by a coach. When you're one of these gifted players you have the ability to see with peripheral vision and calculate depth. It's a brain issue. You just either developed it growing up, or you didn't.

balogna.png

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
If TA could honestly read defenses, we'd see some passes being thrown up the middle. Instead all we get are the quick outs and the long ball. If TA could read defenses, we wouldn't see all his passes being thrown at 2000 MPH and having as many dropped passes. Maybe he can be taught these things, but I truly have my doubts. So, I'm in agreement with you jjm--not that you care.:nod:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armstrong.

He had a good audition Saturday night. Sure, his passes could have been intercepted, but Mike Riley will coach him up. Because Mike Riley is going to change the look of QBs at Nebraska.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ye jest can't teach depth perception and peripheral vision.

It's like saying you can teach someone to get 6 inches taller.

People just develop differently growing up. Both cognitively and physically.

If you're 5'4" and you were hoping to be the star QB........sorry, buddy. Nobody can help you. If you don't have the ability to perceive depth, angles, and use your peripheral vision.......sorry, buddy. Nobody can help you.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, we can all say whatever theeee hell we want right now...

Whoever Riley chooses to play QB will be the best of the bunch, and that much I can guarantee. We have no worries.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to say who may get the job. Armstrong showed some razzle dazzle at times and then he would just stand and chuck the ball down field at other times. Im sure Riley will give him a fair shake but if he doesnt improve bench him. I can faintly remember having a qb crammed down our throats in the past that never panned out, as a matter of fact this has happened twice in the last 2 coaches.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of TA starting against BYU just went down with the Langsdorf hire. IMO

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see come spring time. If this guy is a quick coach then they will all be starting fresh.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances of TA starting against BYU just went down with the Langsdorf hire. IMO

Chances of Stanton starting just shot up into the stratosphere.