• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Warriors next head coach?

Who will be the Warriors new coach?

• Steve Kerr

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Alvin Gentry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alvin Gentry

• Fred Hoiberg

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tom Thibodeau

• Mike D'Antoni

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Kevin Ollie

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr
Stephen Douglas "Steve" Kerr is a retired American professional basketball player. He shot .454 from 3-point range over his career and currently holds the record as the most accurate 3-point shooter in NBA history.

Stan Van Gundy
Stanley Alan "Stan" Van Gundy is a professional basketball coach, most recently serving as the head coach of the National Basketball Association's Orlando Magic from 2007 to 2012.

Alvin Gentry
Alvin Harris Gentry is a basketball coach and former college basketball player, who has led four different National Basketball Association teams.

Lionel Hollins
Lionel Eugene Hollins is an American retired professional basketball player and a former National Basketball Association coach.

Fred Hoiberg
Fredrick Kristian Hoiberg is the head men's basketball coach at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, where he grew up and had played college basketball.

Tom Thibodeau
Tom Thibodeau is an American basketball coach who is currently the head coach of the Chicago Bulls.

Mike D'Antoni
Michael Andrew "Mike" D'Antoni (born May 8, 1951) is an Italian-American professional basketball head coach who was formerly a professional basketball player.

Kevin Ollie
Kevin Jermaine Ollie is an American basketball coach and former player. He is the current head coach of the University of Connecticut men's basketball team.

Or will the Warriors go with a wildcard pick at the new coach?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors job is Kerr’s if he wants it.

Reports: Warriors job is Kerr?s if he wants it; D?Antoni, Dunleavy also*interested | The Point Forward - SI.com

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News reports the job is Kerr’s if he wants it:

According to a league source, Warriors owner Joe Lacob wants to hire Kerr to replace Mark Jackson, who was fired on Tuesday following three successful seasons as Golden State’s head coach. In fact, the Warriors wasted no time reaching out to Kerr, contacting him less than three hours after Jackson was dismissed. And a source maintains that the Warriors’ job is Kerr’s if he wants it.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden State plans to pursue several top coaching candidates, with Steve Kerr and Stan Van Gundy at the top of the list, league sources said.

The possibility of reaching out to the Chicago Bulls for permission to speak with coach Tom Thibodeau will also be a consideration, league sources said.

The Warriors will likely move quickly to reach out to Kerr, who has strong relationships with owner Joe Lacob and president Rick Welts, league sources said.

Kerr's preference is to advance into negotiations with New York president Phil Jackson on coaching the Knicks, sources said, but he hasn't ruled out discussing the Warriors' opening.

The Warriors also have interest in Iowa State's Fred Hoiberg, but he's been consistent in saying he wants to remain in college for the near future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--warriors-fire-mark-jackson-after-three-seasons-190640446.html

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Thibodeou but the Bulls would never let him go.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Thibodeou but the Bulls would never let him go.

I agree I'd be shocked if we got permission to talk to him, I could see them trading him but it's not like we have a slew of picks and I'm not sure parting with Lee or Barnes would be worth it for a coach.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I'd be shocked if we got permission to talk to him, I could see them trading him but it's not like we have a slew of picks and I'm not sure parting with Lee or Barnes would be worth it for a coach.

Unless if you get jimmy butler back

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lee for Thibs? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kerr in Golden State is an absolutely scary thought. The Warriors already have all the pieces to make the triangle pretty lethal, especially corner shooters and skilled bigs. Klay Thompson would need to be a little less sticky on offense, and the team is a bit hamstrung in terms of roster-refining capabilities3, but Kerr’s best shot at a talented roster with triangle-vital skill sets might be in Oakland. The Warriors have way too many skilled players to rank 12th in offensive efficiency, and a lot of that is because their sets, while hard to defend, were pretty uncreative. They could really unleash some offensive talent there by implementing some more offensive structure, which I’m sure is part of the reason why they’re making a big push for Kerr.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Warriors pick Kerr. Do you think they will give Kerr 4 mil per year?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I want SVG because he has experience, but I'm okay with Kerr as long as they bring in some good assistants to work with him. Hopefully he won't be insecure with surrounding himself with smart people.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say the Warriors pick Kerr. Do you think they will give Kerr 4 mil per year?

It doesn't count against the cap, so I don't care what they pay him, make it $10M for all I care. But I'd rather have S. Van Gundy, can they really afford to go with another guy with no coaching experience? Maybe Kerr will make a great coach, but a flop could really be fatal to the franchise. They took a shot with Jackson, didn't work out, the next guy has to.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't count against the cap, so I don't care what they pay him, make it $10M for all I care. But I'd rather have S. Van Gundy, can they really afford to go with another guy with no coaching experience? Maybe Kerr will make a great coach, but a flop could really be fatal to the franchise. They took a shot with Jackson, didn't work out, the next guy has to.

:agree:

The time to win is now. Roster full of talent. Do the dubs really want to gamble on a first year head coach? Not saying Kerr cant come in and do a good job, but going with Van Gundy or someone who has coaching experience and has proven themselves IMO would be more beneficial and less risk.

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also prefer SVG but I feel like we are going to end up with Kerr for some reason, either way it's better than a guy like Jackson who cannot have anyone with an intelligent opinion on his staff because he is so insecure.

Kerr played under Phil Jackson and has been a GM so he's not as wet behind the ears as Jackson was when he got here.

GSWRaider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Tom Izzo available from Michigan State? To me he would be a great coach for this team and the fact that he will have Draymond's full support might help mend fences in the locker room..... Just a thought but have not heard his name thrown out there

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are expected to contact the Chicago Bulls to explore the availability of their head coach, defensive whiz Tom Thibodeau, who was an assistant in Boston when Lacob was a minority owner of the 2008 champion Celtics. They're also believed to be considering the merits of former NBA head coaches Lionel Hollins, Mike D'Antoni, George Karl and Jerry Sloan, and college head coaches Fred Hoiberg and Kevin Ollie, and are waiting for assistants David Fizdale, Alvin Gentry and Nate McMillan, the latter two former head coaches, to complete playoff runs.

No rush to comb lengthy list of candidates - SFGate

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are taking their time, it won't be Steve Kerr.