• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Seahawk starting QB in September?

Who is going to be the starter on day 1?

• Geno Smith

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Drew Lock

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • DeShaun Watson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Carson Wentz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jimmy G

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Jordan Love

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • 22' Draft pick

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Somebody else

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we trade him now or wait until next offseason and do a tag and trade?
With the Hill signing, on top of the Adams signing, I think we can expect DK to leave. If not for the 2022 season then definitely for the 2023 season. If $25-30 million is now the going annual salary for top 10 WRs, then they might as well unload him now. I just don't see Carroll/Schneider paying that much for a wide receiver. With Wilson and Wagner gone, they have an opportunity to spread the payroll out more. No superstars on bloated contracts that handicapp the remainder of the available money, but also more above-average players than most teams have. I doubt if that translates into a playoff run but no one expects that anyway.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Hill signing, on top of the Adams signing, I think we can expect DK to leave. If not for the 2022 season then definitely for the 2023 season. If $25-30 million is now the going annual salary for top 10 WRs, then they might as well unload him now. I just don't see Carroll/Schneider paying that much for a wide receiver. With Wilson and Wagner gone, they have an opportunity to spread the payroll out more. No superstars on bloated contracts that handicapp the remainder of the available money, but also more above-average players than most teams have. I doubt if that translates into a playoff run but no one expects that anyway.
Could happen but the Seahawks got a ton of cap space to resign him and if the deciding factor is money the Seahawks should be able to resign him. I won't be opposed to trading him for a big shit load of draft capitol myself. Think he's more hype then great, his hands are suspect, he does bone head stuff way to often, has a attitude, pretty much a classic diva. On the other hand he has the physical abilities that are hard to come across. So we shall see what happens.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would spend 30m on a pass rusher over a WR if I had a choice

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would spend 30m on a pass rusher over a WR if I had a choice
Only if the Pass rusher is a game changer, like DK is at WR...

I'd consider Maxx Crosby a game changer but he only got 23.5million per year...

I wouldn't give DK over 20-22 million personally...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s gonna be Baker Mayfield … The Browns are scared Pitt is gonna scoop him up should they release him and they don’t want to face a motivated Baker twice a year .. I think Seattle trades for him at some point and it won’t take much to get him .. I’ve been wrong before though.. It’s either Baker or Drew

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s gonna be Baker Mayfield … The Browns are scared Pitt is gonna scoop him up should they release him and they don’t want to face a motivated Baker twice a year .. I think Seattle trades for him at some point and it won’t take much to get him .. I’ve been wrong before though.. It’s either Baker or Drew

Offer a conditional 5th/6th if they must. Anything better is an immediate dial tone.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offer a conditional 5th/6th if they must. Anything better is an immediate dial tone.
Agreed, and the Browns are gonna have to eat most of that salary .. Only issue will be what Baker would want after next year, especially if he has a good year ..

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and the Browns are gonna have to eat most of that salary .. Only issue will be what Baker would want after next year, especially if he has a good year ..

Yeah, the 'what if' scenario in the event he's better than average has me scratching my head. I suppose you could try to do a 2 or 3 year deal and still draft a guy, though who knows how that goes over?

Overall, I lean sticking with Lock for this year and drafting the best guy you can next year. Occam's razor seems to be the way to attack our QB situation right now.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the 'what if' scenario in the event he's better than average has me scratching my head. I suppose you could try to do a 2 or 3 year deal and still draft a guy, though who knows how that goes over?

Overall, I lean sticking with Lock for this year and drafting the best guy you can next year. Occam's razor seems to be the way to attack our QB situation right now.

I’m ok with Lock also, like his attitude, there is some talent there .. I’m thinking Pete isn’t satisfied though, and Baker sitting there is tempting

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the "what if" makes say stay away
its all good either way...if we have lock...we lose a bunch of games anyway...and get a new QB...if we get..mayfield...we win games...and get a new QB..its all good...

but not even mayfield..can go without...

Dline help....or LT..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lock is accurate..and runs denvers offence well enough.....but he is not exactly west coast style...

it a basic john elway...offence....

the seahawks offence is much more..complicated...or can be...but offen is not..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like a bit of both...so i would run a multiple offence...and defence...but no one does that....the way..im thinkng of it..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iowa..runs an old school....pull the gaurds...go down the side....and a screen play..with that...and pass playes...for that basic offence

west coast with zone block ...looks a bit diff...like..northcarolina...compared to..kentucky.

they are both...good against...the right opponite...i dont want git toomuch..into..shotgun...or god forbid...a pistal.

but...the old indianapolis offence..is ok..if your QB..can handle it...

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but...the old indianapolis offence..is ok..if your QB..can handle it.....

has to be a quik relese..gun slinger....payton..manning...yep..that would do..for a 1/2..or go off of tht offence to a westcoast...lol

like a zone -no zone..blocking..lolol..i have to play madden..to get that...lololol...or to build your own...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the 4 voters who said Geno Smith would be our starter. You are correct as he was named the week one starter by Carroll yesterday.

I'm pretty disappointed in this news since I think Smith is God awful, but this team probably wasn't going to do much this year anyway.

Seahawks name Smith as Week 1 starting QB

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the 4 voters who said Geno Smith would be our starter. You are correct as he was named the week one starter by Carroll yesterday.

I'm pretty disappointed in this news since I think Smith is God awful, but this team probably wasn't going to do much this year anyway.

Seahawks name Smith as Week 1 starting QB
He is awful, but he wont toss INTS around like candy from a parade float.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is a throwaway type year that they'll use as an opportunity to show loyalty to Geno Smith for his time as backup. They'll run him out there as the starter for a season while they figure out a way to mop up this mess for '23 and beyond. The other vets on the team will support it, and Geno has paid the dues in the league needed to get the young players to listen. He won't be good or anything, but it's easy for me to envision this happening given who our HC is.

Jimmy G is intriguing, but only if it's basically for nothing (a free agent signing if SF cuts him, or for like a 5th round or later pick). Looks like SF saves around $25M if he's cut, and '22 is the last year of his deal...
Almost 6 months ago, but yeah, pretty much this....