• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the New OC?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder why they aren’t interviewing Gruden!:D

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The parade of mediocrity continues.
It is a one year job anyways.
I am simply wanting someone to coach and develop howell. 2023 is all about developing howell if he is our long term qb.
Both Keim and JP have stated numerous times this week to slow our role on Howell as QB1. Could be, but not set in stone. Said he's the only QB currently on the roster. Everyone knows Wentz is getting cut and Heinicke is a FA.

Also said that 2 to 1 run ratio is a little overblown as well.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Howell will compete for the job . About as far as I want to go
Howell should not simply be handed the job I feel.
If he beats out the other qbs in camp, let's ride.
I really don't know what to believe at this point. We could look for a vet to start or we could look to the draft for the starter. Or, it truly could be howell.

The only thing I will say is that I am uneasy with the notion of Rivera having to make that decision and then have 30-40 million to spend in cap to improve the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howell should not simply be handed the job I feel.
If he beats out the other qbs in camp, let's ride.
I really don't know what to believe at this point. We could look for a vet to start or we could look to the draft for the starter. Or, it truly could be howell.

The only thing I will say is that I am uneasy with the notion of Rivera having to make that decision and then have 30-40 million to spend in cap to improve the team.
I am not uneasy with him making choices , I firmly believe he will fuck it up

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Ken Zampese done such a bang-up job as qb coach so as to merit a promotion? If the evidence presented is the work that he did with Wentz and TH, then I don't see how that work merits a promotion - Wentz was bad, and TH played he played last year.

Maybe Zampese's work with Howell is the reason he's being interviewed for a promotion. Howell supposedly "wasn't ready" at the beginning of the year but is now....

Same with the Atlanta qb coach. What'd he do that was so great so as to deserve a promotion?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Ken Zampese done such a bang-up job as qb coach so as to merit a promotion? If the evidence presented is the work that he did with Wentz and TH, then I don't see how that work merits a promotion - Wentz was bad, and TH played he played last year.

Maybe Zampese's work with Howell is the reason he's being interviewed for a promotion. Howell supposedly "wasn't ready" at the beginning of the year but is now....

Same with the Atlanta qb coach. What'd he do that was so great so as to deserve a promotion?
Stop with all the common sense and facts chiller...geez

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has a pulse?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the candidates know it's a one year gig. Just hire shumur or zampese and call it a day. 2 of the 5 candidates we targeted already said no thanks.
I agree, few if any will want to come here, with the new owner or not in place if they will ultimately be working for Rivera who is clearly on a one-year stay-in-place situation.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, few if any will want to come here, with the new owner or not in place if they will ultimately be working for Rivera who is clearly on a one-year stay-in-place situation.
Unless your plan is to get back into a HC role so you take this one knowing that RR is on thin ice.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless your plan is to get back into a HC role so you take this one knowing that RR is on thin ice.
I don't disagree, head coaching jobs are difficult to get so whatever means necessary huh?

OTOH, there's guilt by association, and the stink of 7-9, 7-10, 8-8-1, and likely more of the same this year does not enhance an NFL resume'. I believe that the mediocrity with Rivera as HC, and the uncertainty with regard to ownership, would mean a total house cleaning once things are settled. Who wants to uproot their family in order to take a job that almost guarantees another move one year later?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How damn Shumers are there Jesus!!!