• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the New OC?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and the duke and dean show rolls on. LOL

EB is intriguing while at the same time you have to wonder with the success he has had with Andy, why hasn't he been hired before. I do not have the answer.
No doubt there should be concern. But at least he is coming from a franchise that has a successful process in place so hopefully he could come in an implement a program that has been proven successful over the years.
the real concern I have is why he’s leaving KC? Is he being run out? I’ve heard rumors that he has clashed with many players and coaches. There is no way he takes this job if he felt secure in KC. It’s a lateral move, at best. In reality, he will be going from the frying pan into the fire.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because he has nothing else. Unless he wants a year off or something. I’m afraid this is just another fleecing from Reid. I hope I’m wrong and he just needed to get out from under Reid’s wing. Ron don’t give a damn. He’s a lame duck

I think EB has the leverage here. Are there still other OC jobs around the NFL? I agree RR is a lame duck that is why he will let EB do whatever he wants with the offense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please if he doesn’t run the offense the way he wants to he will not take the job

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see... but who's to say RR is a lame Duck I'm sure if he makes the playoff next year he won't get fired .. the lame duck philosophy is a False Narrative .. RR just needs to Win .. EB will give the manders excitement and a better offense with our WRs and RBs we can Run a Run Heavy or A Pass Heavy .. Howells can handle both or carr or Huntly etc etc .. I want E.B it will draw a big wow and maybe get offense player that we could not normally get in FA.. if E.B is the O.C RR can work on G.M duties and help Del Poop Rio

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR is a Lame Duck just like all the other coach's as long as he wins he is safe even from a new owner .. A Playoff birth would keep RR as H.C .. He is not a lame Duck if he wins he stays if he sucks and goes 7 less wins he is gone don't buy into the false Narrative of Lame Duck

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please if he doesn’t run the offense the way he wants to he will not take the job

that is what i have been saying duke and sty think oherwise.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RR is a Lame Duck just like all the other coach's as long as he wins he is safe even from a new owner .. A Playoff birth would keep RR as H.C .. He is not a lame Duck if he wins he stays if he sucks and goes 7 less wins he is gone don't buy into the false Narrative of Lame Duck

i just meant lame duck that he will do anything to get EB in here. i agree with you that if we win, he could stick around.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what i have been saying duke and sty think oherwise.
Stop the games Dean...all I did was quote our coach and GM. I said that they publically said we will be a running team with a 2 to 1 ratio and that as the HC, Rivera has full authority over the entire team....including the offense. For example, who makes the decision if we go for it on 4th and 1...it will be RR...not EB. This is how football works Dean.

I am not up to playing games with you today Dean so stop. You misquoted me all day yesterday and starting the same crap today. I simply stated yesterday that I "didn't know" if EB would be a good play caller or direct an offense and you blew your top off as usual. You hide behind the skirt of this being an "opinion board" but then get upset when people express their opinion. Saying I "don't know" is not the same as saying someone sux or will fail. Again, EB is NOT the play-caller in KC as Reid is. As such, I have no clue how he would do in that role. I did say that if EB is hired, I hope we lead the league in offense. That still wasn't good enough for you. According to you, we must all publically confess that every coach and player will be a 100% homerun correct?

Your PollyAnna attitude doesn't permit you or anyone to question team moves or changes. We all must be 100% behind every move and jump for joy when they happen. I asked you to show me where I called out EB and you continued to say that because I stated facts, that was a knock against him. If you want to police everyone's opinions or attitudes, I suggest starting your own message board. Skinsdad is the moderator here...not you.

Either RR is lying or EB will conform to 2 to 1 run ratio. Quite frankly, I don't care. I find it strange that I continue to embarrass you but you, yet, you continue to want to continue discussions. Weird....

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop the games Dean...all I did was quote our coach and GM. I said that they publically said we will be a running team with a 2 to 1 ratio and that as the HC, Rivera has full authority over the entire team....including the offense. For example, who makes the decision if we go for it on 4th and 1...it will be RR...not EB. This is how football works Dean.

I am not up to playing games with you today Dean so stop. You misquoted me all day yesterday and starting the same crap today. I simply stated yesterday that I "didn't know" if EB would be a good play caller or direct an offense and you blew your top off as usual. You hide behind the skirt of this being an "opinion board" but then get upset when people express their opinion. Saying I "don't know" is not the same as saying someone sux or will fail. Again, EB is NOT the play-caller in KC as Reid is. As such, I have no clue how he would do in that role. I did say that if EB is hired, I hope we lead the league in offense. That still wasn't good enough for you. According to you, we must all publically confess that every coach and player will be a 100% homerun correct?

Your PollyAnna attitude doesn't permit you or anyone to question team moves or changes. We all must be 100% behind every move and jump for joy when they happen. I asked you to show me where I called out EB and you continued to say that because I stated facts, that was a knock against him. If you want to police everyone's opinions or attitudes, I suggest starting your own message board. Skinsdad is the moderator here...not you.

Either RR is lying or EB will conform to 2 to 1 run ratio. Quite frankly, I don't care. I find it strange that I continue to embarrass you but you, yet, you continue to want to continue discussions. Weird....

wait a minute. You said RR will control EB's playing calling. AM i wrong? Do i have to find the post?

Post 277. Keys to operate under his supervision Dean. Rivera is coaching for his life. Why would he allow EB to do whatever he wants when he publicly said they will be a run first team? Is Rivera lying, is Mayhew lying?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus post 267

ho said he is coming here? He might or might not. If he dies, itncould be for many reasons

Money
He was bring forced out in KC
Maybe he views this as a challenge and possible resume builder

I didn't say that EB will not call plays, but he still reports to Rivera and Rivera will have final say on the offensive strategy. I am shocked you don't understand that concept. The HC is responsible at the end of the day for ALL football related matters.

I am not sure why EB would come here because it is a dead end job and a 1 year rental. The organization is in a holding pattern and the HC could be gone at any point.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' RIvera will have final say on the offensive strategy". There is your quote. Meaning EB will not have the keys to the offense. You just got embarrassed. You said RR will have final say. Skinsdad and I said EB will have the keys to the offense,.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
' RIvera will have final say on the offensive strategy". There is your quote. Meaning EB will not have the keys to the offense. You just got embarrassed. You said RR will have final say. Skinsdad and I said EB will have the keys to the offense,.
Exactly....Rivera will have final say on offensive strategy as the head coach. That is how nfl teams work dean...the head coach is over everything. They have the authority to give guidance and recommend changes on both sides of the ball.

If an offense isn't working, the GM doesn't call in the OC and hold them accountable, they call in the HC and discuss the matter with them and have them fix it.

The HC is over the entire team Dean. They have final say on the plan a DC or OC want to run and implement. Like gkekoa said, I don't think you have ever played a sport in your life.

So you mean to tell me that if EB wants to run the triple option, Rivera will say okie dokie? I think you are putting words in skinsdads mouth as he is not saying that EB has full control over the entire offense and can do whatever he wants. EB will call plays, and devise a scheme. I can guarantee you that Rivera will sign off on the scheme and overall strategy of the offense. That is how sports works Dean.
Am i.wrong here skinsdad.

You refuse to address Riveras 2 to 1 run comment. Are you saying he lied and EB can ignore that? You have to admit there is a contradiction here.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....Rivera will have final say on offensive strategy as the head coach. Thatbis how nfl teams work dean...the head coach is over everything.

If an offense isn't working, the GM doesn't call in the OC and hold them accountable, they call in the HC and discuss the matter with them and have them fix it.

The HC is over the entire team Dean. They have final say on the plan a DC or OC want to run and implement. Like gkekoa said, I don't think you have ever played a sport in your life.

So you mean to tell me that if EB wants to run the triple option, Rivera will say okie dokie? I think you are putting words in skinsdads mouth as he is not saying that EB has full control over the entire offense and can do whatever he wants. EB will call plays, and devise a scheme. I can guarantee you that Rivera will sign off on the scheme and overall strategy of the offense. That is how sports works Dean.
Am i.wrong here skinsdad.

I believe like others that EB will have the keys to the offense. Said it Mutiple times. Meaning he will have full control of game planning and will not have to report to RR in this situation. Thats all im saying. Playing calling, game planning, and scheme will run through EB without RR approval. EB needs a reason to come here. He will ahve more power than a typical OC.

Last edited:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe like others that EB will have the keys to the offense. Said it Mutiple times. Meaning he will have full control of game planning and will not have to report to RR in this situation. Thats all im saying. Playing calling, and scheme will run through EB without RR approval. EB needs a reason to come here. He will ahve more power than a typical OC.
So Rivera and Mayhew literally lied to the public and it was a publicity stunt?

So if the offense flounders, snyder or the new owner will go to Rivera and Rivera will throw his hands up and tell them to talk to EB?

That makes no sense and I am against that.
I don't want a defensive HC and and offensive HC. If what you are saying is correct, then it is not what is generally done in the NFL and that should give everyone pause.

I am not embarrassed and stand by my comments. I literally quoted our GM and HC and called out the contradiction between publicly statements and the idea that EB can literally do whatever he wants. Either we will be a 2 to 1 ratio running team or EB can do whatever he wants. Which one is it? You won't answer that.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaning he will have full control of game planning and will not have to report to RR in this situation. Thats all im saying. Playing calling, game planning, and scheme will run through EB without RR approval.
Way over the top.
Not surprising you would pump the guy who stands in front of the media each week will have zero say.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rivera and Mayhew literally lied to the public and it was a publicity stunt?

So if the offense flounders, snyder or the new owner will go to Rivera and Rivera will throw his hands up and tell them to talk to EB?

That makes no sense and I am against that.
I don't want a defensive HC and and offensive HC. If what you are saying is correct, then it is not what is generally done in the NFL and that should give everyone pause.

I am not embarrassed and stand by my comments. I literally quoted our GM and HC and called out the contradiction between publicly statements and the idea that EB can literally do whatever he wants. Either we will be a 2 to 1 ratio running team or EB can do whatever he wants. Which one is it? You won't answer that.

i did answer it multiple times. I believe EB will have the keys to the offense meaning he will do whatever he wants. You can believe whatever you want.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way over the top.
Not surprising you would pump the guy who stands in front of the media each week will have zero say.

I don't think RR will stop EB game plan or scheme he would put in for the weekly game. Just my opinon. Why would EB come here if he knows he can be told waht to do with his offense?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did answer it multiple times. I believe EB will have the keys to the offense meaning he will do whatever he wants. You can believe whatever you want.
So he can run the triple option if he wants? And you are calling Rivera and Mayhew liars with the 2 to 1 run ratio?

And we need to entice EB to come here with extra responsibilities not found in most nfl teams?

I mean, enticing Rivera to come here really worked right? Instead of following proven nfl procedures, we are going to blaze our own trail and come up with something revolutionary?

And we all wonder why we haven't won a playoff game in 17 years...smh