• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the New OC?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think RR will stop EB game plan or scheme he would put in for the weekly game. Just my opinon. Why would EB come here if he knows he can be told waht to do with his offense?
I don't know why EB would come here period. The team is for sale and his boss can literally be canned at any moment.

Answer the question Dean, why did Rivera say 2 to 1 ratio? Was he lying?

All OCs report to a head coach Dean. I don't think EB will have to run everything by Rivera, but he ultimately reports to Rivera and Rivera has authority to give guidance and make changes as he sees fit. Rivera can absolutely tell EB that he wants a 2 to 1 run ratio. He has authority to tell EB to make offensive changes.

Am I wrong here commanders board or is the thought that EB will literally be the head coach offense? I have never heard of this in the nfl.

I am against non traditional roles as they don't generally work...especially here. Exhibit a..Ron rivera.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt there should be concern. But at least he is coming from a franchise that has a successful process in place so hopefully he could come in an implement a program that has been proven successful over the years.
the real concern I have is why he’s leaving KC? Is he being run out? I’ve heard rumors that he has clashed with many players and coaches. There is no way he takes this job if he felt secure in KC. It’s a lateral move, at best. In reality, he will be going from the frying pan into the fire.
Dean refuses to answer this actually because concern shows negativity and lack of faith in the team.

Being very familiar with the chiefs, at least more than Dean, their fans have and local radio do not view him as the main reason for success. I think EB deserves a shot, but I have no clue what will happen as he is not the playcaller in KC nor does he direct the offense. Dean has no answer for this.

The question still remains, why has EB not gotten another OC job calling plays or HC job in over 5 years? The ravens hired a college OC over EB. If EB was the main or at least major reason for the Chiefs success, why isn't Reid throwing the bank at him to stay? Why would he leave a dynasty for a crappy organization being sold for a lateral position?

Because Dean misquoted me, I don't know. Maybe he wants to call plays, maybe it's about money, maybe henis being told to leave? I don't know.

Foe the record, I think EB gets the job today.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why EB would come here period. The team is for sale and his boss can literally be canned at any moment.

All OCs report to a head coach Dean. I don't think EB will have to run everything by Rivera, but he ultimately reports to Rivera and Rivera has authority to give guidance and make changes as he sees fit. Rivera can absolutely tell EB that he wants a 2 to 1 run ratio. He has authority to tell EB to make offensive changes.

Am I wrong here commanders board or is the thought that EB will literally be the head coach offense? I have never heard of this in the nfl.

I am against non traditional roles as they don't generally work...especially here. Exhibit a..Ron rivera.
EB has no choice. There are no other openings and chiefs don’t want him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB has no. There are no other openings and chiefs don’t want him.
Don't say that too loud, Dean will be upset.

Those are the rumors I have heard from chiefs radio as well. Very strange.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i have no way to answer that and you know it. I just can't see RR going against EB's game plan getting ready for the weekly games.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have no way to answer that and you know it. I just can't see RR going against EB's game plan getting ready for the weekly games.
So you can see why there is confusion?

Which is true?

Rivera having an offense with a 2 to 1 run ratio

EB running whatever offense he wants

We don't know but you claim EB can do whatever. That could be the case but we don't know for sure.

Also, you should address rowdy comments on the chiefs wanting EB out. This has been confirmed by chiefs local radio. Is that not a reason for concern or question? It is not as black and white as you are thinking. You always deal in absolutes.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EB has no choice. There are no other openings and chiefs don’t want him.

Thats not true. Ther is an opening in ARi.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cardinals have requested to interview Commanders WR coach Drew Terrell for their offensive coordinator vacancy.​

Terrell has moved up from Panthers quality control coach to Commanders assistant wideouts coach to Commanders wideout coach over the past five years. He wouldn't appear to have any real coaching experience with new Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon, so this is an interesting request. Terrell has clearly done some impressive work with Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson over the past couple seasons.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can see why there is confusion?

Which is true?

Rivera having an offense with a 2 to 1 run ratio

EB running whatever offense he wants

We don't know but you claim EB can do whatever. That could be the case but we don't know for sure.

Also, you should address rowdy comments on the chiefs wanting EB out. This has been confirmed by chiefs local radio. Is that not a reason for concern or question?

i trust you, that you have the inside info from the cheifs local radio. OF course we dont know for sure, im jsut stating my opnion about it.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Cardinals have requested to interview Commanders WR coach Drew Terrell for their offensive coordinator vacancy.​

Terrell has moved up from Panthers quality control coach to Commanders assistant wideouts coach to Commanders wideout coach over the past five years. He wouldn't appear to have any real coaching experience with new Cardinals head coach Jonathan Gannon, so this is an interesting request. Terrell has clearly done some impressive work with Terry McLaurin and Jahan Dotson over the past couple seasons.
So why didn't EB get the ravens job or why us he not interviewing in AZ?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, no other openings that are interested in him

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i trust you, that you have the inside info from the cheifs local radio. OF course we dont know for sure, im jsut stating my opnion about it.
I like EB and think he deserves a shot. I think he gets the job and should. He is the best candidate in my opinion

I still have concerns though as there are still unknowns. I think it is unwise to entice EB to come here and create a non traditional roles to get him here. It did not work with Rivera.

We should stick to proven methods and not try to be revolutionary by any means.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, no other openings that are interested in him

lol. i know just bustin balls. I see your point. he could take a year off and wait for a HC job but I doubt that happens.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like EB and think he deserves a shot. I think he gets the job and should. He is the best candidate in my opinion

I still have concerns though as there are still unknowns. I think it is unwise to entice EB to come here and create a non traditional roles to get him here. It did not work with Rivera.

We should stick to proven methods and not try to be revolutionary by any means.

good post. I also believe he is the best candidate. We are in such a mess im willing to gloss over the concerns.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good post. I also believe he is the best candidate. We are in such a mess im willing to gloss over the concerns.
There could be incentive kickers in the contract. It could be that EB is the next coach once the new owners come in?

Rivera could be hiring his successor? It would be awesome and help bridge the gap to the new ownership.

We don't know now at this point. If I am Rivera, I let EB hire the entire offensive staff. EB must be given a fair shot. If he performs well, the new owners might simply promote him to HC and tell the new GM this. We don't know. At any rate, it's a win win scenerio for us I feel.

I would like to see EB raid the chiefs staff...that much I can tell you. I want the Carolina connections gone.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be incentive kickers in the contract. It could be that EB is the next coach once the new owners come in?

Rivera could be hiring his successor? It would be awesome and help bridge the gap to the new ownership.

We don't know now at this point. If I am Rivera, I let EB hire the entire offensive staff. EB must be given a fair shot. If he performs well, the new owners might simply promote him to HC and tell the new GM this. We don't know. At any rate, it's a win win scenerio for us I feel.

I would like to see EB raid the chiefs staff...that much I can tell you. I want the Carolina connections gone.

that could be tough b/c of new ownership. If RR retires next year and we have a good year the new owners should promote EB to head coach automatically. Do we currently have holes in on the offensive coaching staff? im not sure.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that could be tough b/c of new ownership. If RR retires next year and we have a good year the new owners should promote EB to head coach automatically.
I think Rivera is fired more likely because he is the GM.
It would be tough to tell the new GM that the coach is already in place. I prefer the new GM make that call.

I am crossing my fingers that Rivera allows EB to build the offensive staff. We need to cut the Carolina connections and start new. Again, I can see many assistant chiefs coaches coming over. In other words, offensive analysts, assistant oline coaches, etc.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Commanders are hosting Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for a second visit on Friday.​

According to Rapoport, the second meeting between Bieniemy and the Commanders is more about hammering out the specifics of the deal. Bieniemy flew out to Washington on Wednesday and has been with the team ever since, engaging in a lengthy interview with head coach Ron Rivera. Desperately in need of a successful 2023, Rivera will partly entrust his future as the Commanders coach to the two-time Super Bowl-winning offensive coordinator. Of course, if all goes well, Bienemy could quickly parlay any success in Washington into the head coaching gig he's been in search of since 2019.
RELATED:

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top questions

1. What does EB think about Sam howell and does he want to build around him, a hand picked vet, or a rookie from this draft?
2. How much authority does he have when it comes to building his offensive staff. What does his offensive staff look like?
3. What influence will he have on free agency? If we do not improve the Oline, EB will fail. Will chiefs free agents follow him here?
4. What does his contract look like and does it reflect ownership changes?