• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will be the Cowboy's next head coach

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You contradicted yourself with those two statements. First, you said they had the talent to beat anyone but then said they couldn't beat anyone in the playoffs. If they have the talent to beat anyone then is it not impossible to beat someone in the playoffs?
No he didn't. He said the talent is there but the team isn't playing up to that talent.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's not a good look when they were being touted as one of the top defensive units in the league. They didn't look like they had any heart at all Thursday.

Yep, looked like most of the D has quit on the season. Late in the game it looked like the OL quit too.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next head coach will be based on how much credit Jerrah is willing to give up. He is an egomaniac that while he desperately wants another Superbowl he was to be the one to get the credit for it as well.

Does he get rid of the entire staff when a new coach comes in? Will he let this coach pick his staff or will Jerrah pick it for him. Case in point. Kellen Moore is not a good OC. He has potential but his lack of experience killed the Cowboys offense When good teams adjust to what they are doing on offense he is unable to come up with things to counter it.

On paper the Cowboys are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. To be 6-7 is a clear example of how bad the coaching staff is across the board.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next head coach will be based on how much credit Jerrah is willing to give up. He is an egomaniac that while he desperately wants another Superbowl he was to be the one to get the credit for it as well.

Does he get rid of the entire staff when a new coach comes in? Will he let this coach pick his staff or will Jerrah pick it for him. Case in point. Kellen Moore is not a good OC. He has potential but his lack of experience killed the Cowboys offense When good teams adjust to what they are doing on offense he is unable to come up with things to counter it.

On paper the Cowboys are one of the most talented teams in the NFL. To be 6-7 is a clear example of how bad the coaching staff is across the board.

I think it comes down to this. If he fires the whole staff then hires some coordinators, he won't get a top shelf coach. If he fires the whole staff then hires a HC giving the new HC complete control of the coaching staff he can get any coach he desires.

With all that said I think he could get Urban after establishing a new coaching staff.

As of today, Urban is not on my list of desired coaches.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it comes down to this. If he fires the whole staff then hires some coordinators, he won't get a top shelf coach. If he fires the whole staff then hires a HC giving the new HC complete control of the coaching staff he can get any coach he desires.

With all that said I think he could get Urban after establishing a new coaching staff.

As of today, Urban is not on my list of desired coaches.

The way Jerrah meddles it is the downfall of the Cowboys. Now i am not saying that Owners/GM's need to be completely hands off when it comes to the coaching staff. Sometimes it is smart as an organization to put a solid staff around a coach if this is his first head coaching gig or a surprise pick of a coach without much experience at all.

When the Eagles hired Pederson many people scratched their heads on it. Now I think Doug has proven to be a head coach but at the same time I think he needs a solid staff around him. When he was hired he did not pick his staff. Some were hold overs from Chip Kelly's staff. The hiring of Frank Reich as OC and Joe Defilippo as the QB coach were probably the two best hires the Eagles could have made. After they left the offense really struggled. While injuries played a part we cannot ignore poor coaching. Mike Groh is a horrible OC and should have never got the job but we live and learn.

I think this is where other teams differ from the Cowboys. When they screw up on a coaching hire they try to fix the issues. Jerrah sticks to his guns. Jason Garrett should have been fired years ago because it was clear he would never get the Cowboys over the hump.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Jerrah meddles it is the downfall of the Cowboys. Now i am not saying that Owners/GM's need to be completely hands off when it comes to the coaching staff. Sometimes it is smart as an organization to put a solid staff around a coach if this is his first head coaching gig or a surprise pick of a coach without much experience at all.

When the Eagles hired Pederson many people scratched their heads on it. Now I think Doug has proven to be a head coach but at the same time I think he needs a solid staff around him. When he was hired he did not pick his staff. Some were hold overs from Chip Kelly's staff. The hiring of Frank Reich as OC and Joe Defilippo as the QB coach were probably the two best hires the Eagles could have made. After they left the offense really struggled. While injuries played a part we cannot ignore poor coaching. Mike Groh is a horrible OC and should have never got the job but we live and learn.

I think this is where other teams differ from the Cowboys. When they screw up on a coaching hire they try to fix the issues. Jerrah sticks to his guns. Jason Garrett should have been fired years ago because it was clear he would never get the Cowboys over the hump.

If its only Garrett fired, then I think Jerry will again have his choice at HC. When Garrett was hired he was hired as the OC, then he hired Phillips as the HC. That didn't make sense to many of us.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fine , get rid of garrett then…cowboys deserve to do what they want.

bunch of NFL teams would get a great coach in garrett IMO.
It's quite possible if he's fired he'll need to take an OC position instead of being offered a HC contract.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9-4 and heading to the playoffs.

what IF the cowboys go onto win the east and win the SB…would that save garrett's job or no?
At this point I think that's what it would take, and quite honestly IF they somehow righted the ship and win the SB I would still prefer Garrett be gone.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I think that's what it would take, and quite honestly IF they somehow righted the ship and win the SB I would still prefer Garrett be gone.

so your done w/ garrett either way…someone needs to re-tweet this post to @RobBase who is currently stuck in his own thread up North.

he's L@@KING for a new HC AND QB.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was too busy going down on Rodgers at the time.
You continue to make an asshat out of yourself on these threads. You wear it well.