• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was the better HC?

Who was the better Lions HC?

• Schwartz

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Caldwell

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will end as it should in a zero to zero tie. One extreme or the other. Whats the sense?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Schwartz. At least he got the team to play for him through all 4 quarters. Caldwell's teams just fizzle out at the end of every game.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Schwartz. At least he got the team to play for him through all 4 quarters. Caldwell's teams just fizzle out at the end of every game.

By halftime, they are already too excited to go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and lose all focus on the game. They're like children out there...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By halftime, they are already too excited to go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and lose all focus on the game. They're like children out there...

Yeah but Caldwell has zero fire, heart or passion. Hate even looking at that dude.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Caldwell has zero fire, heart or passion. Hate even looking at that dude.

He might lose his mustache if he smiles or cracks his face one way or another. Maybe it is one of those fake ones that constantly falls off due to cheap adhesive. Without it, he would look like he takes candy from children.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz knew the rules better
Schwartz never would let the refs get away w Dallas or Seattle dilemmas. He'd have held the place hostage until they at least looked at it.
Both went to playoffs and lost
Caldwell got Austin
Schwartz got Linehan
Teams feared us under Schwartz
Players never quit on Schwartz
Had Schwartz stayed, we probably still go 11-5 last year, he beat all the bad teams too.

Schwartz gets the edge.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz never would let the refs get away w Dallas or Seattle dilemmas. He'd have held the place hostage until they at least looked at it.
Both went to playoffs and lost
Caldwell got Austin
Schwartz got Linehan
Teams feared us under Schwartz
Players never quit on Schwartz
Had Schwartz stayed, we probably still go 11-5 last year, he beat all the bad teams too.

Schwartz gets the edge.

No way. Wide 9.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was that before or after throwing the flag on that long TD run and get penalized for trying to challenge a TD when they are automatically reviewed, thus taking away any review of the play?

Forgot who it was that was blatantly down, but ended up with like an 80 yard TD run.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz took a team that didn't give a shit that they were losing and lit a fire under their asses.
He had those 53 guys ready to take on the world.
You didn't give them respect, they took it from you.
He took a perennial loser to the playoffs.
Then he self destructed and the team went from fighting for respect to just fighting.
Dude had no discipline himself and he created one of the most undisciplined teams I have ever seen.

Caldwell took a team that was completely out of control, and gave them discipline and focus.
He had those 53 guys pulling together in one direction and playing as one team.
They didn't care if you respected of feared them, they were focused on winning games.
He took one of the most unorganized, individual, out of control teams and made them a legitimate playoff contender.
Then he self destructed and the team went from disciplined and in control to bored and uninterested.
Dude has no fire himself and seemingly no drive to be the best, and created a team that just goes through the motions.

I think both proved themselves to be good hires, both took this team to the playoffs and that's saying something. But both were pretty much one trick ponies, and had maybe too much of a good thing. If you could somehow combine them into one head coach with Schwartz's fire and Caldwell's calming influence, a guy passionate enough to get his guys ready to wrestle a tiger and smart enough to convince them not to, a guy that can get them to give 110% but do it under control and as a team then we would have a real coach.

But ultimately I think both were equal failures as a long term coach.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this about Caldwell -- we looked a heck of a lot better in the playoffs with Caldwell than we did with Schwartz.

I wish we could find a happy medium between the two guys.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about the same guy who lost us a game on a challenge flag?
That was some bull.

How many times have we seen other coaches get the red flag handed back to them?

Just cuz Da Schwartz is a dickhead.....

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some bull.

How many times have we seen other coaches get the red flag handed back to them?

Just cuz Da Schwartz is a dickhead.....

They get the flag handed back now because of Schwartz and what happened. This is another one on the list rules changing after Lions involved.

Someone asked who it was... I'm thinking Ben Tate? Not sure.