• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who was saying Bowies better the Breno?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget which thread it was in but someone said Bowie is better then Breno cause "breno gets like 2 penalties a game" Whoever said it, put on your sneakers and go take a lap. Breno had his penalty probs the beginning of last year, but he could get called for 5 penalties a game for all I care, Bowie is going to get Russell KILLED!!!!!!!!!!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget which thread it was in but someone said Bowie is better then Breno cause "breno gets like 2 penalties a game" Whoever said it, put on your sneakers and go take a lap. Breno had his penalty probs the beginning of last year, but he could get called for 5 penalties a game for all I care, Bowie is going to get Russell KILLED!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Breno brings a meanness to the position too which helps.

I can't wait till both Breno and Okung get back. I bet Wilson can't either.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Breno brings a meanness to the position too which helps.

I can't wait till both Breno and Okung get back. I bet Wilson can't either.

Yep... Breno brings attitude to our line... He's a horse.. We NEED both Okung and Breno back and in a big way...

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breno is better then Bowie and it's not even close. RW will NOT be standing upright by the end of the season if Bowie has to play for an extended time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to really grade Bowie when he only starts as an in season injury replacement. Is Breno better than him now? Well yeah, of course he is. Who has more long term upside potential? Probably Bowie. When Breno can return he should take his spot back and it will be an improvement, but Bowie getting experience now will certainly help his long term development.

nflspense

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Bowie is that he gives you more options. If Bowie shows that he can grow, and we can keep him and his 7th rd rookie contract... it allows extra money for a Tate/Thurmond/KJ possible resign. ET/Sherm/Russ will demand the big money, and any low cost rookie you can keep and use will save you money for those middle tier guys... You also have to remember that as a rookie, playing at HOU/INDY/ARIZ against good blitzing defense doesn't help. I don't think he's better then Breno at all yet, but if he can show growth and help you keep one of those other three guys, he'll get the time.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im one who was impressed with Bowie. I didnt say he was better than Breno, but hes definitely been a better replacement at RT than McQuistan has been at LT. No disrespect to Paul because LT is harder and hes replacing a pro bowler, but Bowie has done a good job filling in for a rookie. I also do like the attitude Breno brings, so im not hating on him either, just giving props to a guy who has done a better job than I expected him to do, thats all.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie is still a rookie and Breno although plays with a mean streak with just an average tackle. Breno is also a UFA after this year and I have heard Carroll/Cable speak very highly of Bowie. I mean you must 2 and 2 together it seems like there is a good chance he is our RT of the future and he really hasnt played terribly.

Our guards Carpenter/Sweezy have been the more disappointing ones when it comes to pass blocking.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowie is still a rookie and Breno although plays with a mean streak with just an average tackle. Breno is also a UFA after this year and I have heard Carroll/Cable speak very highly of Bowie. I mean you must 2 and 2 together it seems like there is a good chance he is our RT of the future and he really hasnt played terribly.

Our guards Carpenter/Sweezy have been the more disappointing ones when it comes to pass blocking.

Bowie looks decent for a rookie going against some of the best pass rushers in the league, in time he probably is the long term answer for the Hawks.

Sweezy has shown improvement, but Carpenter just looks terrible at pass blocking and he just looks out of shape and lost out there all the time.