• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who the hell were the commentators in Calgary tonight?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the people who are commentating the games should do their homework on both teams who are playing. I don't think that's too much to ask.

so which one said it Chicken Parm or Gord Miller?

/if it was chicken parm ... its probably him with an axe to grind against his former team

//if it was gord miller ... its probably him just being his usual self ... stupid ... Im surprised he didnt head down to NBC to be Mcguires personal laundry boy

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jurcina has a groin injury. The injuries have already begun.

Gord and Ray talked about Jurcina last night, they referred to him as the guy in the Milton Bradley game "Operation", as he essentially has had an encyclopedia of injuries...

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gord and Ray talked about Jurcina last night, they referred to him as the guy in the Milton Bradley game "Operation", as he essentially has had an encyclopedia of injuries...

Very true. The sad thing is when Jurcina was in the lineup last season the Islanders had a winning record. The guy just can't stay healthy.

I'm not one of those fans who sugar coat their team. I know the Islanders have been awful the past several years. They've got a solid group of forwards this season. Offense shouldn't be a problem. Defense is another story. The Goaltending could be okay if Nabby & Montoya get the bulk of the starts & Nabby doesn't wander ouf to the net. He scares the crap out of me when he attempts to handle the puck.

Am I expecting playoffs? Not yet. I think they're going to finish in the 10 to 12 range.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the local team is playing for the Cup there isn't any reason to be upset about anything.

I know this is a Toronto thing. I just think they should move on. If the Isles don't make the playoffs & do well in the next 7 years then JT will be playing somewhere else.

The Isles are going to send Strome back to Niagara. In the two games he's played he hasn't been on a line with NHL calibre players. Yesterday he played with Kabanov who's another kid & Trevor Gillies.

Did we hear this kind of stuff when Crosby was drafted by the Penguins? I don't remember hearing or reading anything about Crosby will be in a Leafs uniform. It's going to happen.

I just think the people who are commentating the games should do their homework on both teams who are playing. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Crosby wasnt from Ontario :) This has been a long standing history with the Toronto Media if they are from the Ontario region it should only mean that player should play for the Leafs only. If they dont then they feel like the NHL is against them. I actually remember now when Damian Cox went on his mission to get JT on the Leafs. I think he does it every year the leafs fuck up a draft and someone gets a good play from ON. Even if that team has the spot to draft that player :) (ahem.... Tyler Sequin AHEM).... Would lump any other media into that attitude. We have some problems with our media as well but not stuff like that.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby wasnt from Ontario :) This has been a long standing history with the Toronto Media if they are from the Ontario region it should only mean that player should play for the Leafs only. If they dont then they feel like the NHL is against them. I actually remember now when Damian Cox went on his mission to get JT on the Leafs. I think he does it every year the leafs fuck up a draft and someone gets a good play from ON. Even if that team has the spot to draft that player :) (ahem.... Tyler Sequin AHEM).... Would lump any other media into that attitude. We have some problems with our media as well but not stuff like that.

I know their fans have suffered through difficult times. The Ballard era for instance. Burke hasn't made things any easier with the Kessel trade. Hopefully Cox & the others realize that JT isn't going anywhere anytime soon & stop. Of course now the Isles have Strome who was 3rd in the OHL in scoring last year. So they're going to probably start talking about him going to Toronto.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know their fans have suffered through difficult times. The Ballard era for instance. Burke hasn't made things any easier with the Kessel trade. Hopefully Cox & the others realize that JT isn't going anywhere anytime soon & stop. Of course now the Isles have Strome who was 3rd in the OHL in scoring last year. So they're going to probably start talking about him going to Toronto.

for a hometown discount :thumb:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Poor Juicey. Soft spot in my heart for the guy.

Am I expecting playoffs? Not yet. I think they're going to finish in the 10 to 12 range.

I think they'll win more than 10 to 12 games! ;) Isles have quite a few young, talented forwards. They showed last year they can be dangerous when they get on a tear. Now management needs to develop and add young talent to the back line as well and maybe bring in a solid vet at some point. The hard part is they don't have the bottom line to go out and bolster their lineup with a $4-5 million acquistion. I think they are a playoff team and potentially a very good team a couple years down the road. My only grain of salt moment is I was saying that two years ago too.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Juicey. Soft spot in my heart for the guy.

I think they'll win more than 10 to 12 games! ;) Isles have quite a few young, talented forwards. They showed last year they can be dangerous when they get on a tear. Now management needs to develop and add young talent to the back line as well and maybe bring in a solid vet at some point. The hard part is they don't have the bottom line to go out and bolster their lineup with a $4-5 million acquistion. I think they are a playoff team and potentially a very good team a couple years down the road. My only grain of salt moment is I was saying that two years ago too.

They need help on the backend. No question about it. They have an extra forward they can trade. Either Comeau or Bailey. Preferably Comeau since I don't think he's in their long term plans. Nabby could also be dealt at some point if by some miracle Ricky stays healthy. I'm not going to hold by breath though. They tried to sign Ehrhoff. Buffalo's offer was INSANE.

In all honesty I don't want Garth to give up the farm for a 4 to 5 million dollar vet. I don't believe in that philosophy.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the local team is playing for the Cup there isn't any reason to be upset about anything.

I know this is a Toronto thing. I just think they should move on. If the Isles don't make the playoffs & do well in the next 7 years then JT will be playing somewhere else.

The Isles are going to send Strome back to Niagara. In the two games he's played he hasn't been on a line with NHL calibre players. Yesterday he played with Kabanov who's another kid & Trevor Gillies.

Did we hear this kind of stuff when Crosby was drafted by the Penguins? I don't remember hearing or reading anything about Crosby will be in a Leafs uniform. It's going to happen.

DaBolts like Dash said it's a Toronto thing not a Canadian thing. The media up there is wacked. No offense to some but in some cases so are the fans. They think that Toronto is going to sign every RFA, UFA on the freaking planet.

If you want a good laugh go to TSN.ca and read the comments after a Leafs victory also read them after they lose, it's comical ! Rob Ray said it best a couple of years ago when some player was rumored to be going to Toronto "That organization and their fans think the hockey universe revolves around them" as it turned out the player didn't go there.

I have a lot of relatives in Toronto and they would be the first to tell you that it's an arrogant organization from the top down.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles fans have been hearing from the TORONTO Media since 2009 that John Tavares will be a member of the Maple Leafs organization within 3 years of being drafted. Heck they thought it was a lock the Isles wouldn't draft him or would just trade the pick to Toronto.

Now the Islanders have drafted another kid from Ontario. They want him back in Canada too. Is the media BITTER in TORONTO because they can't make the playoffs? I think so.

Cleaned that up for you Bolts.

If you really think that Montreal media or Ottawa media or Vancouver media or... (you get where I'm going with this) , if you think any of these groups have always thought that Tavares would be a Leaf you're as delusional on the matter as, I don't know, the Toronto media.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Bolts,

Don't get too bothered by the retarded Toronto media. I've been hearing for about 8 years how Spezza becoming a Leaf is imminent. When this kind of talk is invariable shut down, they resort to saying that he's a defensive liability (2003-2008), can't carry a line on his own (2009), or that he's injury prone (2011).

They are a terribly biased journalistic group who feeds a rabid fan base desperate for any kind of success.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Bolts,

Don't get too bothered by the retarded Toronto media. I've been hearing for about 8 years how Spezza becoming a Leaf is imminent. When this kind of talk is invariable shut down, they resort to saying that he's a defensive liability (2003-2008), can't carry a line on his own (2009), or that he's injury prone (2011).

They are a terribly biased journalistic group who feeds a rabid fan base desperate for any kind of success.

Kenny, he may be a Leaf in about ten years you never know. :laugh:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Bolts,

I know my team is considered a joke in Toronto. Heck they're probably considered a joke around the entire league. It's just very annoying to hear people say or write things when they have no idea what's really going on. How can a team consider itself the center of the hockey universe when they haven't won a cup since 1967?