• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who the hell were the commentators in Calgary tonight?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to make sure I heard this right. Ryan Strome wasn't trying tonight because he's already grown complacent due to the fact the Islanders don't promote a winning culture? They're kidding right? Strome knows all about the culture the Isles are trying to build. He was working out with Tavares & Moulson before the draft.

The Islanders have played musical chairs with Tavares's linemates? Excuse me. He's played with Moulson & Parenteau for the most part of the past two seasons. Are these guys for real?

If they want to talk crap about the Isles defense I could understand. Streit missed all of last season. Eaton, MacDonald, Jurcina & Mottau all missed significant time during the year as well. However, for them to talk crap about the offense is ridiculous. Thursday December 29th in L.I.. The Islanders will have two days of rest before they play the Flames. I can't wait for my team to shut these ASSHOLES UP!!:mad2:

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
umad bro? The Islanders seem like an easy team to poke at no offense, just haven't been producing

wont talk like I know - I've never really followed them - just going off post season appearances.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umad bro? The Islanders seem like an easy team to poke at no offense, just haven't been producing

wont talk like I know - I've never really followed them - just going off post season appearances.

Isles fans have been hearing from the Canadian Media since 2009 that John Tavares will be a member of the Maple Leafs organization within 3 years of being drafted. Heck they thought it was a lock the Isles wouldn't draft him or would just trade the pick to Toronto.

Now the Islanders have drafted another kid from Ontario. They want him back in Canada too. Is the media BITTER in Canada? I think so.

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Canadian Hockey is like Football here. If we lost some National Championship QB to the CFL because they offered a shit ton then everyone here would go ballistic. I just think the Leafs feel like these kids aren't getting the respect and pay* they deserve

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Canadian Hockey is like Football here. If we lost some National Championship QB to the CFL because they offered a shit ton then everyone here would go ballistic. I just think the Leafs feel like these kids aren't getting the respect and pay* they deserve

Tavares just signed a 6 year extension that will pay him between 5 & 6 million per for the duration of the contract. If that's not getting paid & shown respect I don't know what is. I think they're extremely BITTER.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hail: 5 & 6 million

I think that's what bothers me most about tonight. They didn't do their homework. If they had they would have noticed that Okposo, Grabner & Tavares all signed long term contracts. Moulson signed a 3 year extension during the season. Word is they're already talking to Nielsen's agent about an extension. Once Isles management knows who they want to sign they get the deal done. What makes these deals even better is they're cap friendly. Grabner's cap hit for the next 5 years is 3 million. Okposo's is 2.5.

Of course the broadcasters tonight made it sound like Tavares was the entire team. They probably didn't know he was 3rd on the team in goals behind Grabner & Moulson.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the broadcasters tonight made it sound like Tavares was the entire team. They probably didn't know he was 3rd on the team in goals behind Grabner & Moulson.

If I recall, the Islanders were just short of having three 30-Goal scorers last year.

quoipourquoi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous that they aren't getting more respect from commentators. If Montoya turns out to be the real deal, the Islanders are a playoff team.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous that they aren't getting more respect from commentators. If Montoya turns out to be the real deal, the Islanders are a playoff team.

I liked what I saw against the Devils. A 6-2 win. However one of the commentators who did that game is a major Rangers homer. I think it was Al Trautwig (sp) kept saying Hedberg was in goal so it didn't really matter.

I think Nabokov is going to get the bulk of the games. At least I hope so. After him it will be Dipietro. Montoya is third in the pecking order right now.

quoipourquoi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked what I saw against the Devils. A 6-2 win. However one of the commentators who did that game is a major Rangers homer. I think it was Al Trautwig (sp) kept saying Hedberg was in goal so it didn't really matter.

I think Nabokov is going to get the bulk of the games. At least I hope so. After him it will be Dipietro. Montoya is third in the pecking order right now.

The way he played when he came in last season, I think he regained some of that confidence he used to have in Ann Arbor. Whether it's him or DiPietro in the #2 slot, someone's got to keep Nabokov on his toes, because he was at his best in San Jose when someone was chasing his job. It's the 10-30 games Nabokov doesn't play that will make the difference in the chase for a low seed, because they were just hemorrhaging games with their backups last season when the offense was getting the job done.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN did the game last night in Calgary...It was Gord Miller with the play-by-play and fomer Isles player Ray "Chicken Parm" Ferraro as the colour analyst.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he played when he came in last season, I think he regained some of that confidence he used to have in Ann Arbor. Whether it's him or DiPietro in the #2 slot, someone's got to keep Nabokov on his toes, because he was at his best in San Jose when someone was chasing his job. It's the 10-30 games Nabokov doesn't play that will make the difference in the chase for a low seed, because they were just hemorrhaging games with their backups last season when the offense was getting the job done.

Injuries ruined the season. They played 6 different goalies last year. What's funny is the best of the bunch was Kevin Poulin a 5th round pick in 2008. He dislocated his knee cap & that's when Snow had to make a deal for a goalie. Montoya for a 6th round pick was a solid move.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isles fans have been hearing from the Canadian Media since 2009 that John Tavares will be a member of the Maple Leafs organization within 3 years of being drafted.

you should hope this happens. if Boston got 2 1st round picks (Lottery Picks to boot) for Kessel then imagine what you would get for Tavares......... :) you could build your team for another 10 years :)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dash

How bitter has the media been about the Tavares signing?

I'm with matt, if any media has been bitter, it's probably those kooks like Damian Cox and other "writers" based in the Greater Toronto Area.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not at all in BC. not that I have seen.

/notdash

When the local team is playing for the Cup there isn't any reason to be upset about anything.

I know this is a Toronto thing. I just think they should move on. If the Isles don't make the playoffs & do well in the next 7 years then JT will be playing somewhere else.

The Isles are going to send Strome back to Niagara. In the two games he's played he hasn't been on a line with NHL calibre players. Yesterday he played with Kabanov who's another kid & Trevor Gillies.

Did we hear this kind of stuff when Crosby was drafted by the Penguins? I don't remember hearing or reading anything about Crosby will be in a Leafs uniform. It's going to happen.

I just think the people who are commentating the games should do their homework on both teams who are playing. I don't think that's too much to ask.