• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should redskins select #2

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Commanders Top 30 visits being discussed on podcast and that they brought in all prospects at once including QBs they may draft for "get to know each other" meeting and then a Topgolf outing competition to see which QB the players gravitated to learn who is the "Alpha male".

The podcast team loved this idea by Commanders to evaluate which QB they select.

Washington Commanders taking unique approach to top 30 visits

1713532511974.png

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on preference between taller Kyler Murray or Josh Allen :noidea:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, the questions about Daniels are a lot more significant than those about Stroud, who had shown he could be very good from the pocket.

But look, it is a crapshoot. I was convinced Josh Allen would be a total bust for example, based on his Wyoming experience, which I didn't find too impressive.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, the questions about Daniels are a lot more significant than those about Stroud, who had shown he could be very good from the pocket.

But look, it is a crapshoot. I was convinced Josh Allen would be a total bust for example, based on his Wyoming experience, which I didn't find too impressive.

It is a crapshoot to some degree. You could have multiple big arm but wild accuracy prospects fail in a row, but one Josh Allen refreshes everyone's interest to try again. I don't think Maye has accuracy issues, just odd focus fails on gimmie throws for whatever reason. Happy Gilmore syndrome, all drive no putt lol.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Stroud, people just wanted to see him use his legs more often when the play breaks down. Just nick picking a player who already had A-level arm talent and elite accuracy and ball placement.
For Daniels, it's somewhat the opposite where he could work on keeping his eyes down field and not taking off to run (for 60+ yards :p). It's a nice problem to have but I can't imagine as a fan, coach, GM holding my breath every week, 17 times a year seeing Daniels makes those type of runs in the NFL

Josh Allen and Drake Maye are quite the definition of Boom or Bust prospect. It took years for Allen to reach that potential and it will probably take the same time to see if Maye ever gets it. If it were me, I would take my chances vs drafting just another capable starting QB

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye and JJ McCarthy should be sitting 10+ games before starting. I do think Maye has a really high upside but he is young and he just hasn't done enough in college to be confident about how he'll develop.

I think if you draft Jayden Daniels you have to build around his strengths. He throws to receivers who get separation and guys who go vertical gives him the space to run. For his sake he better hope he goes to Washington because if he lands in New England he is going to have a Bryce Young type of season next year.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake Maye and JJ McCarthy should be sitting 10+ games before starting. I do think Maye has a really high upside but he is young and he just hasn't done enough in college to be confident about how he'll develop.

I think if you draft Jayden Daniels you have to build around his strengths. He throws to receivers who get separation and guys who go vertical gives him the space to run. For his sake he better hope he goes to Washington because if he lands in New England he is going to have a Bryce Young type of season next year.

He's going to have a Bryce Young season wherever he goes. Justin Fields 2.0... I guess he can throw better than Fields (so can probably half the forum)... after he's done hanging onto the ball for 3 seconds like Fields.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to have a Bryce Young season wherever he goes. Justin Fields 2.0... I guess he can throw better than Fields (so can probably half the forum)... after he's done hanging onto the ball for 3 seconds like Fields.
something about your post here screams you are no QB whisper.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something about your post here screams you are no QB whisper.

Well duh. I just make outlandish claims like 99% of analysts, talking heads, and Internet dorks and then in the event you get it right come back here and gloat about how pro I am while everyone is like, "Dude STFU."

Christ, PDay... I'm not trying to revolutionize social media/platforms, here...

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not gonna last long without sliding/avoiding hits in the NFL.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they would be seen as silly if they pass up Drake Maye for Jayden Daniels in a few years.

I'm 100% sure you are an idiot if you take Drake Maye over Daniels.

Someone has to explain to me how Drake Maye is any different than Mitch Trubisky.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone has to explain to me how Drake Maye is any different than Mitch Trubisky.
I’ll let hasselback explain it

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes you think he is Mitch Trubisky other than the school he went to?

Who do you think Jayden Daniels compares to best? I think best case scenario he turns into Lamar Jackson. Unless he learns to roll out and buy time like russell Wilson, I think he’s just going to go down as a game manager with legs, ala Lamar Jackson. That works with a great defense, but once you fall behind, you’ll need Jayden Daniels to bring you back. He’s not going to do that with his legs.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think he is Mitch Trubisky other than the school he went to?

Who do you think Jayden Daniels compares to best? I think best case scenario he turns into Lamar Jackson. Unless he learns to roll out and buy time like russell Wilson, I think he’s just going to go down as a game manager with legs, ala Lamar Jackson. That works with a great defense, but once you fall behind, you’ll need Jayden Daniels to bring you back. He’s not going to do that with his legs.

All the Carolina QBs are the same under Mack Brown.

Big arms, white, and can only throw the ball 20 yards down field with zero pocket awareness. They have all sucked in the NFL. I have zero doubt Maye is the exact same as Trubisky and Howell. Highly recruited 4 and 5 star white guys that look great in 7 on 7 drills, but suck ass when the heat is on.

Daniels gives me something different. Is it Mahomes? Is it Lamar? I feel he is a mix. He has a big arm and is more mobile than Mahomes. My only hesitation is whether he can throw in the pocket in an NFL environment. Not sure he can, and that is the ultimate question for all of the future QB prospects. Can you rip stripes down in and down out in rhythm when needed, cuz 60% of the game for a QB is just that.

Brady and Montana made massive careers out of being content and delivering lazy balls to guys who were open within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. Could they let it rip and wing it deep? Not really, but at times, they would beat you deep when you least expected it. Neither were the strong armed assassins that GMs seem to be always drooling about. They simply knew how to play football, and knew the absolute ins and outs of every player on the field and what they were all trying to do.

For me, I see Drake Maye as a wannabe Mahomes without anything merely close to elite arm talent, awareness, and flat ability. With Daniels? I see a shit ton of talent of who knows what. Can/will/should he flourish? I'd take a bigger chance on him than any other QB in the draft. I think he could be special.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I lean towards them drafting Maye. If they choose Daniels, I think they will still have a solid QB, but I feel like Maye will have the longer, and more successful career.

Although if I were a GM, I’d likely be fired rather quickly. I may have just jinxed Maye by picking him here.