• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should Colts fans be rooting for in Chargers-Bengals game?

Who are Colts fans rooting for in Chargers-Bengals game?

• Total voters

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts will be playing @ Denver. Good luck, Colts.

2 fumbles for 10 points.

A lot of time left, but Dalton is looking like the AFC version of Romo today.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
famous last words..............

i've only been here a couple of months but i'm surprised at how many members here speak in absolutes, especially considering the playoffs, where the last several years have shown us that anything can happen and DOES happen on a regular basis. i won't count out any scenario in the nfl playoffs.

Any single game? sure, but all 3 games? a very, very long shot.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 fumbles for 10 points.

A lot of time left, but Dalton is looking like the AFC version of Romo today.

And a pick by Dalton as I post it.

:laugh3:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any single game? sure, but all 3 games? a very, very long shot.

a chargers at colts afccg is not that much more of a long shot at this point than patriots at broncos. people always think #1 and #2 seeds are automatically going to their conference championship games but the lower seeds are nearly as likely. it's NOT a very, very long shot.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was not totally surprised when they got down 28 yesterday. Gee, what happened next? Anyone remember?

I don't want to take anything away from that amazing comeback, but they also got a lot of breaks.

1. Terrible defense by Chiefs in the 2nd half.

2. That fumble that was recovered by Luck for a TD. Heads up play by Luck but also extremely, pardon the pun, lucky.

3. Chiefs players were dropping like flies. Sure, injuries happen but when probowl starters go down, it is an advantage to the other team.

Colts defense gave up 44 points to the #30 scoring offense in the league. They face either the #1 scoring offense in Denver or the #3 in NE next week.

Chiefs had a very easy schedule and were 1-5 against playoff teams. By far the worst team in the playoffs.

They would need a lot of breaks next week to beat either NE or Denver.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a chargers at colts afccg is not that much more of a long shot at this point than patriots at broncos. people always think #1 and #2 seeds are automatically going to their conference championship games but the lower seeds are nearly as likely. it's NOT a very, very long shot.

I was thinking the same thing. Improbable. Certainly not impossible. The Colts are a team that believes now. That can be a dangerous thing. And the Chargers do not fear the Bronchos. Familiarity breeds contempt, ya know?

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? The odds of a Colts Chargers AFCCG are a lot greater than a NE Denver AFCCG.

3 road games where they are all underdogs.

Chargers getting the upperhand on the Bengals due to three turnovers but not over yet.

Colts face either #1 scoring offense or #3 scoring offense next week on the road after giving up 44 points to the #30 scoring offense.

I don't mean to say it is an absolute, (keep forgetting the grammar police patrol this board with impunity) but you have to admit.

The odds of a Colts/Chargers AFCCG are not nearly as good as Broncos/Patriots one.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking the same thing. Improbable. Certainly not impossible. The Colts are a team that believes now. That can be a dangerous thing. And the Chargers do not fear the Bronchos. Familiarity breeds contempt, ya know?

Familiarity breeds contempt? That has as much validity as Manning's cold weather record.

Looking at the matchups, and considering it would be the 3rd time the Chargers/Broncos meet this year, I don't see the Chargers being favored.

They caught the Broncos on a short week after a tough division game with Chiefs and the Broncos turned the ball over, made dumb mental errors (giving up a 1st down on a penalty when the Chargers were punting from their goal line, turnovers).

With 2 weeks rest and prepare I doubt the Broncos come out flat and play that bad again.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds of a Colts/Chargers AFCCG are not nearly as good as Broncos/Patriots one.

we agree on this. however, to act as if a colts/chargers game would be absurd is incorrect. there are only 2 games in the afc playoffs left to determine the afccg participants. only 2 things need to happen. it's not a long shot.

i would rank the odds of potential match-ups as follows:

colts v chargers 20%
colts v broncos 25%
chargers v patriots 25%
patriots v broncos 30%

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we agree on this. however, to act as if a colts/chargers game would be absurd is incorrect. there are only 2 games in the afc playoffs left to determine the afccg participants. only 2 things need to happen. it's not a long shot.

i would rank the odds of potential match-ups as follows:

colts v chargers 20%
colts v broncos 25%
chargers v patriots 25%
patriots v broncos 30%

The odds got better with a Chargers win, but I never said it was absurd so please don't put words in my mouth.

I simply said it was a longshot compared to Denver/NE.

The odds of both Indy and SD winning on the road next week are not nearly as good as either Denver NE winning.

I put it about Colts Chargers 15%

Chargers Patriots 20%

Colts Patriots 25%

Broncos Patriots 40%