• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who owns who

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad I forgot to use the sarcasm font when I said 4 or 5 decades. And I try to forget about those 13 unlucky years ('88-'00) when Jon 'the pooper scooper' Cooper was in Columbus. Thanks for the reminder.:rant:

Ha ha. Yeah, those 13 years are all I have right now! I haven't been around long enough to remember much before that! :yes:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. Yeah, those 13 years are all I have right now! I haven't been around long enough to remember much before that! :yes:

Did you know that Jon Cooper was paid off by UofM boosters to go 2-10-1 during those years? Had he gone 0-12-1 he would have gotten a 2 million dollar bonus.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ALL I have now (1980-2000) The 2000's and later is something I prefer to ignore! :L

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 2.32.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 2.32.13 PM.png
    195.9 KB · Views: 6

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't just a normal old win on the road kind of thing. That game destroyed them. They never recovered, fired their staff and have been in full blown panic mode since. Getting curb stomped at home can have that kind of impact.
never recovered? it took 2 OT for Cal to beat Oregon and won 2 of their 5 last games. not a great record but Oregon didnt exactly roll over and die.
and Who exactly is panicking? Taggart is a good hire. and the staff they have put together looks good.
the "panicking" Oregon out recruited everyone in the Pac except USC while implementing a new staff. not sure exactly what you are talking about.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
536565386f.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that staff that put 3 kids in the hospital in their first week on the job? By a coach who it seems isn't as qualified as they stated they were? Maybe you mean the coaches that got pulled over for DUI that lead to one being fired?

No one blames you for backing your team or the coach they hired, but be real man. Big name teams weren't beating down the door to go after that guy.

And really, you think the team bounced back do you? Losing to the beavs was the cake topper.

Can't wait to see which staffer does something dumb next.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I know it's been said in this thread a thousand times... I don't even need to look, but

BAMA calls Clemson Daddy until further notice.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, I don't know if Clemson peaked. They may keep riding that momentum wave or die out. When blue bloods gain momentum, it's usually like waking up a sleeping giant, but with Clemson, they were like that little ankle biter dog that bit off the heel of Achilles.

Quarterback play is so key. USC proves that better than any other team. @USCDoom can vouch.

BAMA with a better QB beats Clemson IMO.

That's when you're talking cream of the crop opposition. Line play comes a close second. The line there is blurry, but QB's make a team.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was dark, but needed to be said. A Penn State fan complaining needs to be slapped. Hard. They're lucky the NCAA is in the sorry state it's in, because they should have gotten the death penalty and EVERYONE KNOWS IT.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State is the O.J. Simpson of college football programs. He got to hang onto his mansion and party and play golf. Smiling for the cameras. We all know what the fuck he did.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The joke's on you. I said even before the Playoff was announced last year Ohio State shouldn't be 1 of the 4 teams.
That's the first step to recovery ... admitting Ohio St. isn't worthy of being in the playoffs.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean that staff that put 3 kids in the hospital in their first week on the job? By a coach who it seems isn't as qualified as they stated they were? Maybe you mean the coaches that got pulled over for DUI that lead to one being fired?

No one blames you for backing your team or the coach they hired, but be real man. Big name teams weren't beating down the door to go after that guy.

And really, you think the team bounced back do you? Losing to the beavs was the cake topper.

Can't wait to see which staffer does something dumb next.

really gonna talk about DUI of an assistant when your team hid and covered for Drunk Sark?
3 kids out of 80 something and the rest said the workouts weren't that bad?
sorry still nothing to panic about.

nobody was beating down Helton's door either, doesn't mean he is a bad coach.
big schools weren't chasing down Chip Kelly.
I don't remember other schools going for Dabo when he was an assistant.

didn't say bounce back said they didn't roll over and die as you made it sound. it didn't destroy them. they came back and went to 2 OT still fighting.
beat AZst still fighting.
lost to USC and Stanford. not unheard of even when Oregon was on top.
upset of Utah after Utah crushed Oregon the year before. still fighting.
lost to Oregon State close. still fighting.

the staffers are human they make mistakes, don't make it sound like Washington has never had a coach make mistakes.
Sark, Neuheisel, James all had issues too

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really gonna talk about DUI of an assistant when your team hid and covered for Drunk Sark?
3 kids out of 80 something and the rest said the workouts weren't that bad?
sorry still nothing to panic about.

nobody was beating down Helton's door either, doesn't mean he is a bad coach.
big schools weren't chasing down Chip Kelly.
I don't remember other schools going for Dabo when he was an assistant.

didn't say bounce back said they didn't roll over and die as you made it sound. it didn't destroy them. they came back and went to 2 OT still fighting.
beat AZst still fighting.
lost to USC and Stanford. not unheard of even when Oregon was on top.
upset of Utah after Utah crushed Oregon the year before. still fighting.
lost to Oregon State close. still fighting.

the staffers are human they make mistakes, don't make it sound like Washington has never had a coach make mistakes.
Sark, Neuheisel, James all had issues too
Don't recall reading anything about someone covering up for Sark on a DUI. Can you provide that link please? Because that was the point of your now fired assistant. DUI before they ever even took the field. Hell, I don't even blame him because waking up after realizing you are stuck in Eugene trying to rebuild that dumpster fire would likely drive almost anyone to drinking.

3 sent to the hospital, but as I recall there were others that suffered to a lessor degree that didn't need hospitalization, but still suffered effects from that now ill fated workout. By a guy that has no business instructing kids. In their very first official team function.

Lol at comparing ol tags to Dabo and Kelly. Dream on man. Now you are starting to sound more like wallace.

And another LoL at this continued bragging over losing to Cal in double overtime. The same Cal that seriously SUCKED ASS pretty much most of that season. If that's a moral victory for you I guess congrats? :noidea: Sure, claim a victory against Utah. The only team in the conference with a QB so inept that your pathetic defense could actually keep them in one. I mean that's not a far cry from being in the playoffs just two years prior now is it? :L

They folded like a cardboard box last year and everyone knows it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't recall reading anything about someone covering up for Sark on a DUI. Can you provide that link please? Because that was the point of your now fired assistant. DUI before they ever even took the field. Hell, I don't even blame him because waking up after realizing you are stuck in Eugene trying to rebuild that dumpster fire would likely drive almost anyone to drinking.

3 sent to the hospital, but as I recall there were others that suffered to a lessor degree that didn't need hospitalization, but still suffered effects from that now ill fated workout. By a guy that has no business instructing kids. In their very first official team function.

Lol at comparing ol tags to Dabo and Kelly. Dream on man. Now you are starting to sound more like wallace.

And another LoL at this continued bragging over losing to Cal in double overtime. The same Cal that seriously SUCKED ASS pretty much most of that season. If that's a moral victory for you I guess congrats? :noidea: Sure, claim a victory against Utah. The only team in the conference with a QB so inept that your pathetic defense could actually keep them in one. I mean that's not a far cry from being in the playoffs just two years prior now is it? :L

They folded like a cardboard box last year and everyone knows it.
never said sark had a DUI but everyone knew about his drinking and kept it on the low.
no 3 to hospital 1 with diagnosed rhabdo 2 with early signs but not diagnosed.

All i was saying is no one was banging on their doors either. not every coach that finds success was the most sought after. and not every coach that is that next up and coming everyone is trying to get coach is a success. See Kiffin, Strong, Hawkins, Gill

its not bragging. You say the loss to washington destroyed Oregon. a destroyed team doesnt come out the next game and go to 2 OT and nearly win. a destroyed team rolls over and dies. even to another bad team. not a moral victory either (stop putting words in my mouth) Only team? like i said Oregon was in it with Cal, was in it with Oregon State. was in it with Colorado. beat Arizona State. and didnt play Arizona or UCLA but likely would have been in or beat those teams too.

2 years is a long time in college sports. ask Gene Chizik.
again folding is stopping. some players did but not everyone. not the whole team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 OT's and "Nearly a win" (lol) against a complete garbage team. Your point is entirely moot. Completely.

No one reported Sark for having a drinking problem = New assistant getting in a DUI with another coach in the car with them. :L Seriously, you are losing this one so you might want to move on. Your staff started out about as bad as it gets long before spring ball came up. Not very impressive.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Oregon own FSU? 1 game? Dam

Clemson has beat us the last 2 years. Before that they wanted nothing to do with us. Oklahoma owns us. But they don't own a Natty for almost 2 decades.

:harbaugh:

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine. Auburn plays for and wins championships........UGA does not

Georgia and Auburn each have two national championships.

But y'all won't be playing for one anytime soon with you being your two biggest rivals' bitch.

Put it this way, Georgia owns Auburn moreso than Bama does over the last 11 years.

9-2 over that span.

One of those loss was the worst Georgia team I can recall still giving all Cam Newton he wanted for 3 quarters, and the other was that tipped ball hail mary on 4th and 18 against another shitty Georgia team.