• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your top 5 after 2 weeks

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is kind of difficult right now just because the Rams have probably played a team I'd rank 32nd and a team I'd rank about 27th. The five teams that have impressed are:

1. Jaguars
2. Rams
3. Chiefs
4. Bengals
5. Bucs

...but likely one or two of them will fall off.

Maybe. I think the Browns are still mostly the Browns but they might win about 3 or 4 games so that can help out the Steelers if they beat either the Ravens or the Bengals. The Bengals have shown that they can win 10 or 11 games in the regular season when they're clicking so I think the record to hit in the AFC North will probably be 10-6 or 10-5-1.

I don't think the Steelers are the same without Ryan Shazier. The Chiefs attacked the Steelers in ways that they couldn't in the past. Pitt has some upside at getting hot and maybe getting to 10 wins but its going to require them to really do it with offense. Flacco is still Flacco and the Browns are still the Browns so maybe they can drag the division down to 9 wins but I'm not so sure.

I like your top 5 as of right now, but I agree it will likely change.

AFCN...it wouldn't surprise me to see CLE split with both BAL and CIN...watching a good bit of that CLE @ NO game, their DEF is showing they are legit. As with most years, CIN has the skill position guys on both sides of the ball, and they have a solid DL, the last couple of years the OL has been overhauled and it showed up in their record LY. If the OL play stays consistent, 10 wins is very possible..but they need to keep their running game going w/o Mixon for a few weeks. We could see them 2-2 after 4 as they face @ CAR and @ ATL the next two games.

BAL...still not thinking their OFC will allow them to be a 10 win type team, but the schedule favors them more than CIN or PIT.

PIT...yeah, it kinda goes w/o saying their DEF is not the same w/o Shazier, but the reality is they haven't defended the TE well even when they had Shazier. Scheme wise I sort of expected them to pull Bostic in nickel and go with Edmunds (rookie 1st rd pick S). and 3 safeties. They have this kid, UDFA LB, Matthew Thomas who they probably think will take over for Bostic...he's not Shazier, but he's a 4.4 type player with some athleticism and size to run with TEs...we shall see, but having Bostic in coverage looks like a lose-lose proposition.

You're right, the OFC has to kick into gear for this team to right the ship and get themselves into that 9-10 win category. I really thought the DEF was going to take another step but the KC game really has me rethinking that.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with most years, CIN has the skill position guys on both sides of the ball, and they have a solid DL, the last couple of years the OL has been overhauled and it showed up in their record LY. If the OL play stays consistent, 10 wins is very possible..but they need to keep their running game going w/o Mixon for a few weeks. We could see them 2-2 after 4 as they face @ CAR and @ ATL the next two games.

Gio Bernard is a capable back. Not really a 3rd down back, but it shouldn't be much of a problem to split these road games. The right side of the line is still a concern. But Hart did a great job on Suggs. We can't defend tight ends in like forever, but it seems like we finally have solid LB depth and Burfict is not even back yet.

Getting rid of Pacman and Iloka was addition by subtraction. William Jackson and Jessie Bates are studs.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using that logic, they could also easily be 2-0 instead of 1-0-1.
my point being though they didnt play like they should be 2-0.
Really did should have beaten the vikes, but also should have lost to the bears.
BTW I am not saying the packers arent good. they are a dangerous team, but being asked after 2 weeks I dont think they should be top 5. Even if they were 2-0 they would have barely beat both teams. their are more than 5 teams that can dominate so far.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point being though they didnt play like they should be 2-0.
Really did should have beaten the vikes, but also should have lost to the bears.
BTW I am not saying the packers arent good. they are a dangerous team, but being asked after 2 weeks I dont think they should be top 5. Even if they were 2-0 they would have barely beat both teams. their are more than 5 teams that can dominate so far.

I can't put any confidence in the Packers until either Rodgers is completely healthy or they figure out an actual NFL running game.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears have looked really good over the past two games, especially their defense. Easily should've been 2-0, but that's the brakes.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't put any confidence in the Packers until either Rodgers is completely healthy or they figure out an actual NFL running game.
I assume you mention the running game to keep the defense off the field?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, they did win a SB without much of a running game. If they secondary can continue to mature and not get hosed on game altering penalties they will be fine provided Rodgers stays healthy.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness, they did win a SB without much of a running game. If they secondary can continue to mature and not get hosed on game altering penalties they will be fine provided Rodgers stays healthy.

They didn't win a SB without a healthy Rodgers though, the other half of my statement.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't win a SB without a healthy Rodgers though, the other half of my statement.
Aaron Jones is about to fix the running game!

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current NFL Power Rankings

1.) Tampa Bay 2-0, victories over Philly & New Orleans

2.) Jax Jags 2-0, victories over NYG & Pats

3.) L.A. Rams 2-0, victories over Arizona & Oak. Though the opponents are weak, they beat them by an average of 27 points.

4.) K.C. Chiefs 2-0, victories over Pittsburgh & L.A. Chargers

5.) GB Packers/Minnesota Vikings. Neither team has a loss (1-0-1). Two Superbowl contenders in the strongest conference tied in a H2H matchup. So, they are tied for 5th.

7.) Patriots 1-1, Win over Houston, loss to the #2 team Jax.

8.) Bengals 2-0, wins over Indy & Baltimore. You just never really trust this team, so even though they have 3 single win temas ahead of them...that is out of respect to the other teams.

9.) Dolphins 2-0, wins over NYJ & Tennessee. see #7.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gio Bernard is a capable back. Not really a 3rd down back, but it shouldn't be much of a problem to split these road games. The right side of the line is still a concern. But Hart did a great job on Suggs. We can't defend tight ends in like forever, but it seems like we finally have solid LB depth and Burfict is not even back yet.

Getting rid of Pacman and Iloka was addition by subtraction. William Jackson and Jessie Bates are studs.

Both games should be competitive and go either way....ATL will have trouble against Atkins, they're still trying to figure out RG and LG had an injury so the loser at RG is now starting at LG...I thought they might struggle running it vs the two beasts CAR have at DT, but it was not the case so we'll just have to see how these games play out.

Bernard is a capable RB, and to be respected, but you really want him touching the ball around 15-18 times a game, not a whole lot more.

Face and I liked WJ3 for quite a while and Bates is really turning some heads early, he's been on our radar as well...we took him in our Hoop mock draft iirc.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’ve watched them for two years. When #30 goes out of the game it’s like they go batt shit crazy. It started last yr vs Dallas. He got his bell rung early in that game and it was like the flood gates opened. Now they have Jackson and 23 out there with him. I think they have a solid defense despite Cousins killing them the other day.