• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your early MVP choice

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But i think its a little different. Allen has 1 td, where his counter WRs the Williams brothers have 4 each. I just think the dynamic Hill adds to an offense and how dangerous he is, it makes the defense play in space which opens up everything below and alot of yac chances or they align coverage to hill which opens up everyone else. If not mistaken Hill leads the NFL in td passes. Hill almost single handedly beat the Chargers.
Hill was fantastic against the Chargers and Pats and mostly a decoy against everyone else.

In the past, the Chiefs have used the running game with great success against the Chargers and Pats so the whole thing seems like a big rock/paper/scissors. I do think Derwin James and Donta Hightower changed how the Chiefs attacked those two teams, though.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this to an extent. Because to me a screen is harder than people think. If its a a rb screen, qbs have to have great touch and vision to get it over defenders and between olinemen and dlinemen with the rb in ther catcher box. If its bubble screen, you need placement and to lead the receivers so they can be in a stride stance and not have to track the pass.

With a jailbreak screen placement is even more inportant so they dont break their initial stride. I agree with the single read perspective, but with screens there is more variables that can create negative play scores, which makes them more skill reliant plays. With a jet sweep, the probability of a negative play is as low as a standard handoff.
On a jailbreak screen, the QB has to look upfield to throw off the defense then find a lane to throw through and "feel" when he should throw based on the pressure/aggressiveness of the pass rush. The WR should be coming back to the QB so hitting them in stride isn't as important but I agree that screens are harder than people think for a QB.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but if everyone is doing it, how special is that performance?
I agree. it is supposed to be "Most Valuable Player", but we all know that isnt how it is voted on. I am just being realistic for the prediction.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill is pretty outrageous in terms of what he does to defenses pre-snap.

I don't think there's another WR in the NFL that forces as much stress on the defense as he does pre-snap. I don't think I can ever recall seeing that before from a guy almost everyone agrees is not the best WR in the NFL (ok, Chris Simms). Just a very unique WR, imo. People can try copying it but they don't run 4.2, are not durable, nor as quick as Hill.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now

1. Brees
2. Gurley
3. Mahomes
4. Rivers
5. Peterson

There are guys having great years that could get in the mix if their teams start performing better but that's my top 5 for now

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill is pretty outrageous in terms of what he does to defenses pre-snap.

I don't think there's another WR in the NFL that forces as much stress on the defense as he does pre-snap. I don't think I can ever recall seeing that before from a guy almost everyone agrees is not the best WR in the NFL (ok, Chris Simms). Just a very unique WR, imo. People can try copying it but they don't run 4.2, are not durable, nor as quick as Hill.
Its pretty crazy to think that Mahomes and Hill really haven't synced up for as many deep throws as one would assume. Mahomes' arm strength is a 13/10 in power but his crazy mechanics and throws outside of the pocket have made him more of a mid-range savant.

I actually think the Mahomes/Hill connection will only get better over time.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty crazy to think that Mahomes and Hill really haven't synced up for as many deep throws as one would assume. Mahomes' arm strength is a 13/10 in power but his crazy mechanics and throws outside of the pocket have made him more of a mid-range savant.

I actually think the Mahomes/Hill connection will only get better over time.
That's pretty wild to think about just relative to the rest of the league numerically in deep yardage and Hill's numbers... but I don't necessarily find myself disagreeing. Two major outlier talents physically speaking. Hax/cheatcode/exploit. I have no idea what they do and usually I can make a guess.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty wild to think about just relative to the rest of the league numerically in deep yardage and Hill's numbers... but I don't necessarily find myself disagreeing. Two major outlier talents physically speaking. Hax/cheatcode/exploit. I have no idea what they do and usually I can make a guess.

What is Hill on pace for, 1500 scrimmage yards or so? (not including PR yards)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big difference in their deep ball connection and the deep ball connection of someone like Brady and his WRs. Mahomes literally just unloads regardless of coverage sometimes and Hill just goes up and finds it. Its not a refined process yet.

Like watching a young Shaq or Blake Griffin in the NBA. Their freakish talent is enough to change matchups without really having the mechanics down.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big difference in their deep ball connection and the deep ball connection of someone like Brady and his WRs. Mahomes literally just unloads regardless of coverage sometimes and Hill just goes up and finds it. Its not a refined process yet.

Like watching a young Shaq or Blake Griffin in the NBA. Their freakish talent is enough to change matchups without really having the mechanics down.
Yeah, I just don't know how to compute or compare that. Just a big <error> on repeat for me at this point.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just don't know how to compute or compare that. Just a big <error> on repeat for me at this point.
I figure Mahomes just has to be a leading MVP choice right now just due to the fact that the Chiefs really only have one above-average offensive lineman as far as I can tell. I'm trying to figure out how they get plays off with Cameron Erving getting blown off the ball every play.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figure Mahomes just has to be a leading MVP choice right now just due to the fact that the Chiefs really only have one above-average offensive lineman as far as I can tell. I'm trying to figure out how they get plays off with Cameron Erving getting blown off the ball every play.
Is it bad if Cam Erving is our 3rd best lineman right now? Asking for a friend.

:think:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kermit.....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope a RB or D player gets it.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pCFa9HS.gif

When he sees the redzone

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff's a chump, always will be. They have enough weapons around him to cover it up right now, but if they ever had to lean on him....

The only thing you established in that nonsense, is to show the fact you don't know what you are talking about.

If you notice in the last two only Philip Rivers is ranked higher in both categories

Goff is also second in percentage of passes resulting in a first down at 46.3%