• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is your 1st Rd pick?

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year seems to be a bit more difficult to predict what the Eagles might do. Predictions are all over the place. So i am curious to see what you the fans think. I too am conflicted as to who to select. I am torn between
DT D. Lawrence
WR AJ Brown
OG C. Lindstrom
If I had to choose right now I would probably go with Lawrence.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 25 this year is tough to gauge ... we don't know yet what the organization really thinks about OT Jordan Mailata and the "true" LT position this year stinks in the draft. Most of the better prospects on the OL are RT's or Guards. Plus the better RT's are much better in the run game than in pass protection. Jason Peters can't be counted on past this season, so if Mailata isn't the guy we HAVE to draft a guy who can man the LT spot. If Mailata isn't the guy I think the Eagles may make a play for LT Andre Dillard. The problem is that Dillard could go as early as the mid teens ... so they would have to trade up quite a bit which more than likely means we would have to trade one of our 2nd round picks. Hopefully they think enough about Mailata's potential at LT with 2 years of grooming where he can take over in 2020. Protecting Carson Wentz is paramount moving forward as we no longer have Foles to step in and save the day should Carson go down again.

So ... "if" the Eagles have faith that Mailata can handle LT from 2020 and beyond, then the focus could turn to other positions we need to get younger at like Safety. The good thing about Safety is that it's LOADED with good prospects well into day 2. As good as Malcolm Jenkins has been for us, he turns 32 in December and has a ton of wear on his tires. His Cap hit in 2020 (age 33 season) is around 11 mil ... it's time to start grooming his eventual replacement. Rodney McLeod is "ok" at the other spot, but if not for the pay cut he took this year, he would have likely been let go; so his future with the Eagles is murky at best. Andrew Sendejo is just a cheap vet backup option, so again ... he's just a one year guy. I think there is a very good chance we trade back into Rd 2, pick up a 3rd rounder and snag one of these top Safety options with our first pick. A guy like Juan Thornhill or Darnell Savage.

If we do stay put at 25 I think we take the best DL prospect left at our pick.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sense is that you want to get immediate contributors with your first and second round picks. That would be DT, RB and LB. It appears to be a great draft for DT, so I see them grabbing a guy there first who will immediately play in a rotation with Cox and Jackson. It could be Lawrence or several other guys.

I think the Eagles like Pryor and Mailata and aren't looking for an immediate contributor on the Offensive line, but rather another guy they can redshirt for a year and develop. Same deal with Safety. So those look to be later round picks.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey, S would be near the top for me but only if the Eagles trade down. I like Adderley but not at 25. Rapp could also be a target. However if they added Lawrence the back end and LB's wouldn't need to be as stout.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade up it’s for Wilkins or Oliver because they fell. I think they’d love trade back and would take Jacobs Lindstrom or a WR

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible for Wilkins to fall to us @ #25, but I would definitely trade up for him. Quinnen Williams is the only player I rate above Wilkins. I have Oliver a little behind Wilkins, but close. Any of those 3 would team with Cox very well. So, my realistic pick will be Wilkins, even with a trade up if necessary. The year Cos was picked, I had him in my mock draft the whole time. He reminded me of Warren Sapp, but I think he has surpassed him, and will be a HOF'er someday!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they trade up it’s for Wilkins or Oliver because they fell. I think they’d love trade back and would take Jacobs Lindstrom or a WR

Out of those 3, Lindstrom is the only one I like, and I doubt it would be a WR, unless it is in round 2.

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of those 3, Lindstrom is the only one I like, and I doubt it would be a WR, unless it is in round 2.
Yup! Depends how far back in 2 they are

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them trading up for a DT ... there's just so much talent at the position where you shouldn't be giving up picks to land a player. Really good talent will be available in Rd 2 ... guys like Gerald Willis from Miami, Isaiah Buggs from Bama, Jerry Tillary (recent surgery) will likely fall to mid 2nd now, Khalen Saunders from Western Illinois gaining steam ... can all be options outside of Rd 1.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see them trading up for a DT ... there's just so much talent at the position where you shouldn't be giving up picks to land a player. Really good talent will be available in Rd 2 ... guys like Gerald Willis from Miami, Isaiah Buggs from Bama, Jerry Tillary (recent surgery) will likely fall to mid 2nd now, Khalen Saunders from Western Illinois gaining steam ... can all be options outside of Rd 1.

So, are you favoring an IOL in the first?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a scenario like last year's presents itself again, I think it would be a good idea to trade down 10-15 spots, and get another pick either this year or for 2020... I believe there's a lot of good players that will be available with not much difference from 20-65.

None of us knows what the Eagles' board looks like, so unless one of their Top 15 guys falls to them, I think we could see a trade back.

IF they were to pick at 25, I've been fighting with this for a while, so many directions they could go in. Dexter Lawrence would fill that Beau Allen/3rd DT role really well, with upside to be a starter in a couple of years.

A "luxury" pick like AJ Brown would make some sense, who would start this year as the #4 receiver but likely be a starter in a couple of years, with Agholor in his last year, DJAX probably only has 1-2 good years left and Alshon a declining player who is going to get really expensive after this season. They could also address OL, but if they go that direction they could move down and still get a good one with better value using the pick.

Some of the guys I like at 25 (in no particular order):

- S Jonathan Abram
- S Nasir Adderley
- DT Dexter Lawrence
- DT Jeffery Simmons
- LB Devin Bush
- OL Cody Ford
- OL Dalton Risner
- WR AJ Brown
- WR Marquise Brown
- WR N'Keal Harry

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are you favoring an IOL in the first?

I think if we go DL it will be either Wilkins or Dexter Lawrence at 25. The thing with OL is that we don't need a RT and LT Dillard isn't falling to 25; love G Bradbury as an option if still there at 25, but I don't think he gets past the Ravens a few picks ahead of us. Like Risner and Ford, but again, they are primarily RT's ... if you're going to draft them only to move them to Guard, you can draft Guard later at better value. I like Bradbury because he serves a double purpose at Guard "and" Center; he could plug in at Guard immediately then transfer smoothly to Center once Kelce hangs em up. Lane Johnson at RT isn't going anywhere anytime soon ... no need to consider the RT position.

Screamin Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a scenario like last year's presents itself again, I think it would be a good idea to trade down 10-15 spots, and get another pick either this year or for 2020... I believe there's a lot of good players that will be available with not much difference from 20-65.

None of us knows what the Eagles' board looks like, so unless one of their Top 15 guys falls to them, I think we could see a trade back.

IF they were to pick at 25, I've been fighting with this for a while, so many directions they could go in. Dexter Lawrence would fill that Beau Allen/3rd DT role really well, with upside to be a starter in a couple of years.

A "luxury" pick like AJ Brown would make some sense, who would start this year as the #4 receiver but likely be a starter in a couple of years, with Agholor in his last year, DJAX probably only has 1-2 good years left and Alshon a declining player who is going to get really expensive after this season. They could also address OL, but if they go that direction they could move down and still get a good one with better value using the pick.

Some of the guys I like at 25 (in no particular order):

- S Jonathan Abram
- S Nasir Adderley
- DT Dexter Lawrence
- DT Jeffery Simmons
- LB Devin Bush
- OL Cody Ford
- OL Dalton Risner
- WR AJ Brown
- WR Marquise Brown
- WR N'Keal Harry
I don't think there is a S worthy of the #25. I think there are several that should be at the top of Rd 2 including Adderley and Rapp.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is a S worthy of the #25. I think there are several that should be at the top of Rd 2 including Adderley and Rapp.

I agree; I would lean towards another position too but if the Eagles were targeting a Safety early those would be my two guys. Rapp kind of turned me off with his 40 time but he is rocked up and can play, if he isn't left on an island... would fill the nickel/dime LB spot in Schwartz's scheme nicely and has great instincts.

I also would actually prefer a trade back, I feel this draft has strong depth from 25-60 with not much discernible difference. Plus there's this, which may further suggest Howie is thinking the same thing. I think the new guy from Cleveland is having some influence in the room already:

Howie Roseman stresses depth in the draft

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we stay at 25 I'm settling in on AJ Brown.

Not our biggest need, but feeling like he'll be BPA. He's the best WR in the draft, gets open by running good routes, great hands. He could contribute right away on the inside or outside. Polished and thick. And as he tells it:

“I’m the best receiver in the draft, by far,” Brown said. “I’m versatile. I can play inside, outside, I run great routes. I have strong hands, and I’m a man after that catch. A lot of guys are not like that. I’m very different.”

After Wallace and Hollins went down we were really short at the position forcing us to add Tate who's gone anyway. Feel like Brown would really sure things up moving forward.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a stud for sure! I doubt that Howie will go for a WR though. I think Howie has targeted the best DLman in the first! I hope it's Wilkins. Another Cox.

Los Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been stuck on Chauncey Gardner-Johnson for a while now. Would be a very solid pick.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing whispers that we are likely picking a WR (Marquise Brown?), and trading Aghy.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m torn on Jeffrey Simmons. He has character concerns and might not play this year but... to get a top 10 guy that late would be pretty amazing, especially at such an important position.