• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is the Broncos biggest rival?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, that was in 2010, a year there was just not a lot of talent on the team and the talent we had didn't have the leadership to pull it together. That team went 4-12 while that Raiders team went 8-8, the only team in NFL history to sweep its division and miss the playoffs. It's interesting because Chiefs finished 10-6 and the Chargers 9-7 so the Raiders swept two solid teams that year. They just couldn't get it done outside the division.

With all that said, the 2010 season was worth it. In hind sight it was so worth it and one regular season blowout isn't even worth remembering especially when you consider the direction the Broncos and Raiders have gone since then. I mean, Raiders fans are stoked about a 7-9 finish last year and are hyping themselves up over the POTENTIAL of their team. Meanwhile the Broncos have been to two Super Bowls since that game, winning one of them.

I'll take it.

Oh I agree it was worth it! I just remember though watching that game and for once just being completely embarrassed by what I was watching. I mean I knew the season wasn't going to go our way but I've never seen a team just completely quit like I did in that one. Thankfully it was the kick in the pants the team needed especially in the Front Office to get something done and get the team back on track. Bowlen made an incredible choice to put Ellis and Elway in charge of the team and trust that they knew how to build a winner once again. I mean just look at our team now as I think we only have 2 players from that 2010 team even on our roster in DT and Colquitt. They completely changed the roster and personality of this team.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember there being a lot of weird bounces in that game, too. A few pre-snap penalties by the Raiders on third down, but the kind where they run the play anyway even though it was blown dead and it happens so fast. So you think the team made a stop only to find out it's 3rd down and again, whoa, wouldn't you know it, the Raiders got another shot and made it! I remember a punt by the Raiders defying the laws of physics and just stopping on the 1 inch line. On the 2 inch line it was cruising and then it just...stopped. I think it bounced straight up as I remember it, and then settled with hardly a roll. Couldn't believe it. Games like that happen. Bad luck follows bad teams. That's why it's been so hard for the Raiders to get out of the funk they've been in. Or look at the Browns.

It did seem that team quit. The defense was nonexistent and the offense wasn't much to speak of either. A 4-12 team is a 4-12 team, but not all 4-12 teams are created equal. For example, last year's Chargers lost a lot of close games. The 2010 Broncos lost a couple close ones, but usually got railed week in and week out. And such was it for that team. That season came when the team needed it most though. In the ensuing draft they took Von Miller at #2.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to say the Patriots. "Biggest Rival" changes as teams change. Right now it's the Pats. Chiefs are probably the biggest in division, but until they legitimately challenge and keep us from the playoffs on a consistent basis, they are a paper rival.

Raiders have been a joke lately and that rivalry is on hold. Broncos/Pats playoff games the past few years have been for all the money.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Raider blood this year both game then we will be in the lead for wins against each other..That lose last year would of put us in the lead of them for the first time ever

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the answer to this for most long time Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos fans is the same team: the Raiders. All it will take for anyone over 30 is one season of the Raiders going 10-6 or better and everyone will be in agreement.

That said, I can see where Denver and New England comes into play. You have to beat Brady to win a Super Bowl and Brady/Manning is arguably the best rivalry in the history of the NFL.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Raider blood this year both game then we will be in the lead for wins against each other..That lose last year would of put us in the lead of them for the first time ever

I don't think this is true. I looked it up once and I think it's like 61-50-2 including playoffs.