• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is PE1

Who is PE1

• A butthurt Eagles fan

• A wannabe Cowboys fan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1, you just made all that shit up. Especially the part about the poor getting a $1,000 tax deduction.

The poor don't get tax deductions because THEY DON'T PAY TAXES! They get tax credits and medicaid and food stamps. Those aren't deductions. Those are handouts. No one making less than $32,000 pays a single dime to the federal government. What is taken from their pay checks is returned to them at the end of the year with the added dollars that were taken from the wealthy.

Your child's step dad sounds like an ass, by what you have communicated to me. If he's cheating on his wife then he's probably cheating on his taxes and business expenses. The fact of the matter is that the tax rate for those who make over $250,000 is roughly 50%. Now, to you, that doesn't sound all that bad because they still get to keep $125,000. They probably even get to keep $200,000 after they figure in the deductions, but they are still paying in $100,000 in taxes while those making $35,000 aren't paying in one red cent that isn't returned to them along with some of the money that the wealthy paid in. Then they get free groceries and medical benefits to boot.

Like I said, if you think that is a fair deal, I will gladly send you $20 each week for the rest of my life with the stipulation that you send it all back to me at the end of the year along with a debit card that pays for my groceries and another debit card that pays my kids doctor bills.

As long as you keep posting made up shit to support your liberal politics, I will keep shooting it down with facts. If you don't want to have a discussion on this thread about politics, don't make stupid political statements that you can't back up.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1 how the hell can you figure you are some kind of a better fan because you are a fan of a team in your area, yet you changed your favorite team, mean while someone like me, has had only one favorite team ever. Even though I never been to texas, I was a Cowboys fan as a little kid & have been ever since. Been loyal through the good years & the horrible years. Try being a Cowboys fan when they go 1-15 & live in the bay area while the niners are in their heyday! (now if you would like to talk about bandwagon fans LOL)
Still only have one favorite. The Dallas Cowboys. Sorry if you are some kind of sheep & are told who you have to root for. Some of us have free will to think for ourselves.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schmoop I really dont care who you root for. Just giving people a hard time. I never got it but it doesnt mean youre a bad person or not.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1, you just made all that shit up. Especially the part about the poor getting a $1,000 tax deduction.

Your talking semantics. Tax credit, tax deduction... its the same thing.

The poor don't get tax deductions because THEY DON'T PAY TAXES! They get tax credits and medicaid and food stamps. Those aren't deductions. Those are handouts. No one making less than $32,000 pays a single dime to the federal government. What is taken from their pay checks is returned to them at the end of the year with the added dollars that were taken from the wealthy.

I have no issue paying taxes to help the poor. My buddy who has bad PTSD and doesnt work has a family of four. He qualifies $196 dollars a month in food stamps. They dont get free food. If you think $196 feeds four people for a month then you are a great shopper. I pay taxes and Im proud to be an American and Im proud to help feed the poor, the sick, the old, the handicapped. You evidently dont. Its a difference in opinion.

Your child's step dad sounds like an ass, by what you have communicated to me. If he's cheating on his wife then he's probably cheating on his taxes and business expenses. The fact of the matter is that the tax rate for those who make over $250,000 is roughly 50%. Now, to you, that doesn't sound all that bad because they still get to keep $125,000. They probably even get to keep $200,000 after they figure in the deductions, but they are still paying in $100,000 in taxes while those making $35,000 aren't paying in one red cent that isn't returned to them along with some of the money that the wealthy paid in. Then they get free groceries and medical benefits to boot.

He isnt married so he isnt cheating on his wife or his taxes. He is just working the system like EVERY wealthy American does. I understand your issue of high taxes but with a good accountant all that is taken care of. The US has the 2nd lowest tax rate in the WORLD!! Like I said... so many people are pissed my sick friend gets $196 a month in food stamps which comes out of our tax pool BUT the average American isnt outraged that someone making a million can deduct a golf trip to Hawaii while staying in a 5 star resort which robs our tax pool a heck of a lot more. Food for the poor vs. luxury 5 star Hawaiian vacations is where we differ on how our tax pools should be dispersed. This where we dont agree.

Heres where you are completely wrong on people making that much pay close to 50% in taxes. every American gets taxed 10% on their first $8,900 made. After that you pay 15% taxes on what you earn from $8900 to $36000. Every American pays the same rate. Currently you are taxed at 33% on everything you make from 183,000 to 398,000. They are paying 33% on everything they make, just on everything over 183,000. Seems fair to me.

Like I said, if you think that is a fair deal, I will gladly send you $20 each week for the rest of my life with the stipulation that you send it all back to me at the end of the year along with a debit card that pays for my groceries and another debit card that pays my kids doctor bills.

Again, Im am more then happy and proud to help little kids who have absolutely no say in their families income the ability to go to the Dr. when they are sick. Some say, "Fuck'em, let them die"

Im not an accountant but when I was a first year teacher making $32,000 a year I dont remember not paying taxes. It was not even remotely that way in my recollection. I'd really like to see proof that someone making $32,000 is tax exempt.

As long as you keep posting made up shit to support your liberal politics, I will keep shooting it down with facts. If you don't want to have a discussion on this thread about politics, don't make stupid political statements that you can't back up.

I backed them up and you didnt prove me wrong at all. Personally your attitude is what I think is wrong about this country. I understand people think they pay too much in taxes. I understand it can be frustrating dishing out cash while working hard. But this whole "My party is right and your party is wrong" is why we are in this mess. We need to find a way to come to a middle ground and seeing that both parties are right and both parties are wrong. If you think poor kids should starve and not have access to health care I dont know what to say. I support Obama but he made mistakes. I didnt support Bush but he did some good things. We need to come together as a country and work things out... but the one thing I just cant tolerate is how SOME PEOPLE GOT BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING THE POOR PEOPLE ARE WHO IS RUINING OUR ECONOMY. ITS JUST SO COMPLETELY WRONG.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLICK EXPAND ON THE ABOVE POST TO READ MY REPLIES EIF.

Again if one makes $250,000 they dont pay 50% taxes.
They pay 10% on the first $8900 they make
Then they pay 15% on what they made between $8900 and $36,000
Then they pay 25% on what they made from $36,000 to $87,000
Then they pay 28% on what they made from $87000 to 183,000
Then they pay 33% on what they made from 183000 to 398,000

SEEMS COMPLETELY FAIR TO ME.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1, dude, do the math on what you wrote. Add it up and see what it comes to. Here, let me help you:

10% of 8,900 is 890
15% of 27,100 (36,000 - 8,900) is 4,065
25% of 51,000 (87,000 - 36,000) is 12,750
28% of 96,000 (183,000 - 87,000) is 26,880
33% of 215,000 (398,000 - 183,000) is 70,950

That is a grand total of $115,000, or 30%. That is federal taxes alone. Now add to that the 6.2% for social security (which those who make this much will never receive back) and the 1.45 that is taken to subsidize Medicare (which those who make this much will also never receive back) and what do you get?

Answer: almost 40%.

Now add capital gains tax, which varies, but the lowest is 10% and the highest is 20%. This puts the total taxable liability at 50-60% for those making over 183,000. You just argued my case because you were too lazy to do the math.

I haven't said anything about political parties. That was you. I'm not a democrat and I'm not a republican. I'm just telling you that your facts are wrong and that the wealthy already pay way more than their fare share while you are paying nothing but are actually receiving the money that the wealthy pay in.

And again, I never said the poor people are ruining our economy. I said it is elitists who are generous with other people's money that are ruining our economy. You are one of them because you think you and all the poor people have a right to the money they didn't earn.

The truth is that there isn't enough money being earned by all the people in the nation to subsidize the rate at which our federal government is giving it away. Currently, the government is giving away not only the money it is taking from the wealthy, but also the money which future generations will earn. To whom are they giving it? When you come up with the answer, get back to me. I'll give you a hint: less than a quarter of what the federal government spends goes to the Department of Defense.

But you are also wrong when you say a tax deduction and a tax credit is the same thing. A tax deduction allows you to pay less in taxes. A tax credit actually lets you receive back what isn't used to pay taxes. Since the poor do not pay taxes, tax credits are money that they receive which they haven't paid in. Now, ask yourself where that money comes from. Another hint: somebody earned it.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing, I never said that we should let the poor die or that your friend with PTSD shouldn't be taken care of. What I am saying is that your claim that the wealthy are the ones who are getting off easy is absolute nonsense. They pay way more than you ever will, not only through charities but also through taxes.

If you are so concerned for your friend with PTSD, why don't you take him a bag of groceries every other day instead of waiting on the IRS to tax someone else to give him a measly $196?

Also, how can your child be a step son of a man who isn't married? To be a step son requires that the man in question be married to the child's mother. Perhaps you meant ex-step father? In either case, the guy still sounds like a jerk.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a well thought out post and you explained yourself clearly. I appreciate that but let me answer a few things.

1. You said, "I haven't said anything about political parties. That was you." Here is what you said.. Typical liberal. When the facts don't agree with his position, he begins ranting and making shit up. One of my issues is that both parties have valid points and both parties are quick to rip each other. We need to stop claiming like one party is completely right and the other party is completely wrong.

2. You said, "And again, I never said the poor people are ruining our economy. I said it is elitists who are generous with other people's money that are ruining our economy." You are saying the country is in dire straights cause of helping the poor and thats a complete falsehood. Bailing out corporations including Obamas bailouts of the banks and auto industry and Bushs HUMONGOUS tax breaks is what really is destroying our economy. The tax payer pays for corporate bailouts. If we shut down the welfare system completely and let people starve it would not fix our economic issues. We spend a lot more helping the rich then we do the poor.

3. You said, "If you are so concerned for your friend with PTSD, why don't you take him a bag of groceries every other day instead of waiting on the IRS to tax someone else to give him a measly $196?" Well I dont bring him groceries but I did drop $6000 paying for his rehab for his alcohol addiction.

4. You said, "Also, how can your child be a step son of a man who isn't married? To be a step son requires that the man in question be married to the child's mother." I said my step kids father. Not my kids step father. Easy mistake... just clarifying.

6. You said, "I'm just telling you that your facts are wrong and that the wealthy already pay way more than their fare share while you are paying nothing but are actually receiving the money that the wealthy pay in." I think you dont understand my families income. Many times it has been close to that 33% threshold. I pay a lot in taxes and dont have much to deduct cause Im not a business owner. But Im just not that focused on money. My wife used to have tons of cash a BMW 750il and buying stuff never excited me. I always looked up to Koy Detmers style. Dude made over a million a year and drove his parents old station wagon as a pro. My sisters family makes over $400,000 a year and live in a regular house and have an old Honda Civic. I never ever hear her complain about taxes and shes more liberal then me. She lives in the Berkeley area. Its just a family thing. Helping people is more important then buying things.

7. You said about my step kids father... In either case, the guy still sounds like a jerk. You nailed that one. BUt like I said. He told my the golden secret. When you make a lot you deduct EVERYTHING which leads to the US having the 2nd lowest tax rate for the wealthy in the world.

8. Lastly... the VERY least of my worries is how much rich people have to pay in taxes. As a liberal I choose to vote for someone who directs our tax dollars towards the poor, not the rich. I hear them complaining about what they have to pay but when I see 2 Porsches, 2 multi million dollar homes, another million dollar house and two other pricey rentals I just dont have much sympathy. Ive taught in the inner city and have seen how INCREDIBLY unfair it is for them. THe schools are nightmares, the neighborhoods are abysmal, the role models are missing, the crime is sky high, the opportunities are almost nil. I align my self with the poor even though my financial situation is completely upper middle class.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fellas, sorry Ive been busy. Who is PE1

1. I NEVER EVER EVER said I dont go on the Eagles boards because they are overly homers. I said I go on a different Eagles site that is TREMENDOUSLY more active then the one here. Thats where I go for Eagles news and chat. The truth is a despise many Eagles fans for being so rude and classless but I truly believe they are one of the least anti homer fan bases in all of sports. They are world renowned for ripping a player. Man, they booed Mike Schmidt who might be the greatest 3rd baseman ever. Jerks? YES. Homers? Not a chance.

2. I really struggle with racists, sexist, homophobes and angry people. Nothing lower in my book then a racist. I donate my money to the Southern Poverty Law Center. They are a group that tries to bankrupt hate groups by suing them and taking their cash and giving to people who they've terrorized.

3. Im a liberal Democrat who has an MBA. I really learned a lot understanding why Republicans feel the way they do while taking my courses. I wish this country could come together and stop blaming Obama or Bush. But the truth is I really hate how the country blames the poor for our predicament while giving trillion dollar tax breaks to the richest 1% of this country. NOW LETS NOT TALK POLITICS CAUSE THAT RUINS THE FUN HERE. Im just telling you who PE1 is.

4. I grew up in the first intentionally integrated neighborhood in the US and EXTREMELY proud of that. Way back in the early 70s we had blacks, whites, Asains, gays and an interracial married couple on my block. I am extremely proud of that and have a huge love for Philadelphia. In this pride I choose to support Philly teams win or lose and I could NEVER EVER IMAGINE rooting for another cities team. I give you guys a lot of crap but I really could care less whom you root for but the idea is just soooo foreign to me. I cant imagine running down the streets of Philly and screaming, "YES!!!! My Lakers won another championship". I just dont get living in a city and rooting for random cities across the country while professing its arbitrary and a coincidence that Im a Cowboy, Laker, Braves fan.

5. I've always tried to be rational. When people say something about the Eagles that I really disagree with I love to take on the challenge. When the conversation turns to... hypothetically Dez Bryant or the Cowboys OLine I will say what I believe to be the truth. The truth is they are awesome. Ive also been a big Romo supporter. I dont throw these beliefs in just to say something nice about Dallas. Im just being real. Ive always hated the TonyRomoShows and BlueJerseyJinx who will sit here and say, "Fletcher Cox sucks, Jason Peters sucks, etc".

6. What I suck at is accepting Im on a Cowboys board and there are a few blind Cowboy fans that cant be rational. All teams have these fans. What I suck at is accepting the fact that people have different perspectives or feelings then me.

7. I completely respect Cowboy fans who have lived near Texas. Never had a problem with that cause they are supporting their home team. I've just always been a guy who roots for the under dog, not the power houses. In my passion for rooting for Philly teams Ive always hated our big rivals.. especially the Cowboys, Lakers and Celtics. There will always be a part of me that just shakes his head at some guy that lives in Florida who loves the Cowboys and Lakers. I'd probably be happier and healthier if I just dropped that but I still just shake my head at that. If you aint from LA or Dallas your SUPPOSED to hate the Cowboys.

8. Lastly, when I was a little kid (5 to 10) I was a HUGE Raiders fan. My family was all born their except for me. As I became a man I grew out of it. RIP to "The Snake"... my childhood hero.

Wrong word, whole post invalid. :nono:

J/K.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said my step kids father. Not my kids step father. Easy mistake... just clarifying.

No, what you said was: One of my kids step dad. Go look again.

The thing about making things up is that it gets increasingly difficult to remember all the things you make up.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like PE1 personally, but I do find it fitting to read the posts in this thread considering the thread title. This thread IS exactly who PE1 is!!!

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you Jarntt. I've always liked PE1, too. Sometimes, I read one of his posts and think, "That's a fair assessment of the situation."

What gets under my skin is when he writes something, then later says he "never, ever, ever" said what his words clearly say, and then he accuses the person who points out his contradictions and errors of being incapable of reading. That, plus the fact that he continues to bring up who roots for what team, as though he is the arbiter of the rules of fandom.

Maybe he was never chosen to be hall monitor in grade-school and now he's attempting to fulfill a life-long dream that never came to fruition. I don't know, but it is annoying as hell.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the make the movie "Fan Cop" who plays the lead?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like PE1 personally, but I do find it fitting to read the posts in this thread considering the thread title. This thread IS exactly who PE1 is!!!
I never liked PE1 but I don't hate him either. PE1 showed his true colors in 09 when he guaranteed an Eagles victory and said that the Cowboys were one of the worst teams in the league only to be wrong and the Eagles eventually got beat three times in the same season while the Cowboys made the Divisional Round. This was also the same year that he declared himself the Board King on the Cowboys Board. This all happened after 44-6. Eagle fans had a field day after that game. 09 was the perfect revenge season for Cowboy fans. PE1 has been sucking up to Cowboy fans ever since that season.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked PE1 but I don't hate him either. PE1 showed his true colors in 09 when he guaranteed an Eagles victory and said that the Cowboys were one of the worst teams in the league only to be wrong and the Eagles eventually got beat three times in the same season while the Cowboys made the Divisional Round. This was also the same year that he declared himself the Board King on the Cowboys Board. This all happened after 44-6. Eagle fans had a field day after that game. 09 was the perfect revenge season for Cowboy fans. PE1 has been sucking up to Cowboy fans ever since that season.

That's another lie. I did predict the Eagles to win but I never said the Cowboys suck.

My complete mistake on saying my kids step dad. I didn't make anything up, just messed up what I was tryping.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another lie. I did predict the Eagles to win but I never said the Cowboys suck.

My complete mistake on saying my kids step dad. I didn't make anything up, just messed up what I was tryping.
It's not a lie. During the offseason before the 2009 season, you said the Cowboys were one of the worst teams in the league just because they got blew out in the last game they played, which was the 44-6 game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It remains the agenda of interjecting philly something everytime he posts here. Philly has never mattered to cowboy fans all that much...certainly no more than Washington or NYG but this guy does everything he can to make philly relevant to discussions on this board. AND THE DRAMA??? Never been higher.