• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is PE1

Who is PE1

• A butthurt Eagles fan

• A wannabe Cowboys fan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1,

You can't spew nonsense and then say, "let's not talk about it here."

There are no trillion dollar tax breaks for the richest 1%. The richest 1% pay 50% of all taxes, while 40%, known as the "poor," pay no taxes but actually receive money from the richest 1% via the federal government's wellfare program.

I also second Jarntt's thoughts about switching teams. I think it is far worse to switch teams just because you happened to move to a new place. I've lived all over the place and I have remained loyal to the same team for 40 years now. Try being the fan of a team that went 1-15 while living in Green Bay nation. It has nothing to do with rooting for a powerhouse. It has to do with picking a team and sticking with it through the good years as well as the bad.

I find it incredible that the same people who like to poke fun of the Cowboys for their 20 year drought are the same ones who accuse Cowboy's fans of being front-runners. That's liberal logic, though. It doesn't have to make sense. Just sling as much nonsense around as you can and hope some of it sticks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and I was in disagreement with you on PE1 in the past. You called it right at the mouse, I was wrong, and can admit it.
nothing to admit, matters to me, entertainment remains free
The two common words I've stuck with all these years...
a) agenda
b) drama

It's always been in the posts

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eiknarflin you can't read dude. I never moved and changed teams. And Jarntt, I wasn't a man at 6 years old when I liked the Raiders. So there's a big freaking difference between a 6 year old liking the Raiders then a guy who only picks the best teams and claims them as his own when he has zero ties to the city.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eiknarflin you can't read dude. I never moved and changed teams. And Jarntt, I wasn't a man at 6 years old when I liked the Raiders. So there's a big freaking difference between a 6 year old liking the Raiders then a guy who only picks the best teams and claims them as his own when he has zero ties to the city.

You can say the teams were picked because they were the best. Personally, I'm not going to pretend I know "why" another person picks a particular team. Again, it's your opinion, but I think it is a pretty big character flaw for someone to switch teams. I know a lot of women that do that, but most men that do it are either not really fans to begin with or are the clear definition of bandwagon. In your case I'm sure you had a good reason. Maybe you just wanted to like the same team as everyone else around you because you didn't have the strength to form your own opinion, maybe you met one of the players and it turned your life around or maybe you just like green. Either way it's fine, but it's not something I would ever do.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PE1,

You can't spew nonsense and then say, "let's not talk about it here."

There are no trillion dollar tax breaks for the richest 1%. The richest 1% pay 50% of all taxes, while 40%, known as the "poor," pay no taxes but actually receive money from the richest 1% via the federal government's wellfare program.

I also second Jarntt's thoughts about switching teams. I think it is far worse to switch teams just because you happened to move to a new place. I've lived all over the place and I have remained loyal to the same team for 40 years now. Try being the fan of a team that went 1-15 while living in Green Bay nation. It has nothing to do with rooting for a powerhouse. It has to do with picking a team and sticking with it through the good years as well as the bad.

I find it incredible that the same people who like to poke fun of the Cowboys for their 20 year drought are the same ones who accuse Cowboy's fans of being front-runners. That's liberal logic, though. It doesn't have to make sense. Just sling as much nonsense around as you can and hope some of it sticks.

Obviously you know nothing about Politics and Bushs trillion dollar tax break to the very upper edge. Obviously you dont know the average tax payer pay pays $2 a week to fund welfare and $18 a week to fund corporate welfare. Keep blaming the poor. Thats what these billionaires want you to believe. Again, talking politics is the worst but you cant even enter the gaame.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can say the teams were picked because they were the best. Personally, I'm not going to pretend I know "why" another person picks a particular team. Again, it's your opinion, but I think it is a pretty big character flaw for someone to switch teams. I know a lot of women that do that, but most men that do it are either not really fans to begin with or are the clear definition of bandwagon. In your case I'm sure you had a good reason. Maybe you just wanted to like the same team as everyone else around you because you didn't have the strength to form your own opinion, maybe you met one of the players and it turned your life around or maybe you just like green. Either way it's fine, but it's not something I would ever do.

Hahaha. Nice try in trying to take my angle on something "a man would never do" but it aint working Jarntt. And also dont pretent to act like you dont know why people are Laker Cowboy fans or Cowboy Yankee fan. We all fucking know why. Pleeeeease.

Again, you're trying to compare a little kid liking a team his entire family liked to a grown man who lives in Florida who roots for the Yankees and Cowboys. Nice try Jarntt but its not even close.

Maybe you just wanted to like the same team as everyone else around you because you didn't have the strength to form your own opinion

Hahaha. Good try my man. I was 5 freaking years old. I just got done peeing my diapers and learning to eat with a fork and you're trying to compare that to a man who has know allegiance at all to any of these teams but "claims" them as his own. Suuuuuuure bro. hahaha

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha. Nice try in trying to take my angle on something "a man would never do" but it aint working Jarntt.

I thought it served the purpose of getting across my point of how silly the idea of what team you like having anything to do with being a man is...Truth is, I don't care what team you were a fan of when you were 6 (or now it seems to be 5). I just know for me personally I can't ever change teams. If my teams stopped existing, I don't if know if I could ever even pick a new favorite team.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Cowboys moved to Philly? :yes:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd root for the Cowboys. that's an easy one...Now if the Cowboys and the Eagles merged. Wow, that would be a bizarre one...

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Jarntt... The truth is Dallas has a legit shot of bringing home #6 this year. The O was SB ready last year. Hardy is such a HUGE addition. He's one of the best in the biz and fills a need at the Cowboys number one weakness. It could be a humongous addition. I saw 3 different NFL preview guides this year and 2 had Philly winning the division and the other had Philly beating Dallas in the playoffs. That's just ludicrous to me. Dallas is much better.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry PE1, you didn't move, but you did switch teams.

I wasn't a man when I started liking the Cowboys either, but I lived in Texas when I started liking them at the age of 5. I wasn't a man when I started liking the Braves, either, but I did live near Atlanta and I was six. When I was 18 I lived in LA and that's when I started following the Lakers.

You pretending that you are somehow a superior fan and a superior man because you like the Eagles, when you actually switched to the Eagles (and I'm guessing it was about the time they got Randle Cunningham and were at least somewhat competitive) is incredible.

What you are is a jealous fan who can't stand it that others are fans of teams that actually have had some success. You didn't grow out of being a Raider's fan. You switched teams. Why? At age six did you say to yourself, "PE1, you look like a front runner being a fan of the Raiders. You should probably switch your allegiance and root for the Eagles since that's where you live and real men don't root for teams in cities with which they have no ties."

Spare me the judgmental bullshit. You switched because you were a bandwagon fan and now you are casting your guilt on others.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you know nothing about Politics and Bushs trillion dollar tax break to the very upper edge. Obviously you dont know the average tax payer pay pays $2 a week to fund welfare and $18 a week to fund corporate welfare. Keep blaming the poor. Thats what these billionaires want you to believe. Again, talking politics is the worst but you cant even enter the gaame.

You saying it don't make it true. There was no trillion dollar tax break in the Bush years. That's politic speak. There was tax break that, over time, would amount to a trillion dollars. It wasn't extended for the length of time it needed to ever make it to a trillion dollars.

I do know that the average tax payer pays money into the system to pay for wellfare. There is, however, no tax to fund corporate wellfare. But even if there were, the bottom 40% of all working people in America receive all of that back at the end of the year with a helping dose of the money that the top 10% paid in but never gets back. If you call that paying taxes, then dude, I would gladly send you $20 each week with the stipulation that you send it all back to me at the end of the year along with another $1,000 for each of my children and a monthly debit card that allows me to buy groceries and another one that pays for my children to go see a doctor for a runny nose. Of course, if you were to agree to that, I could quit my job and live off of your hard work.

You're the one drinking the liberal coolaid. My money is my money and you have no right to it. If I see you and your children going without food, I'll give you some to help you, but you don't have a right to it, which is the foundation of your stinking system.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bandwagon fan you're calling me? HAHA. When I was a Raiders fan I didnt even know what league they were in. I'd come home from playing in the sandbox and ask my Dad if the Raiders won and said, "Yay" if they did. That was the extent of my knowledge at 5 years old. When I really started playing sports and understanding the games I was Philly across the board. The funny thing is Jarntt was trying to make a point but didnt really accuse a 5 year old of jumping on the mighty Eagles bandwagon. He was poking me for my nonsense on calling bandwagon fans fake men. But in honor of a level headed and smart poster (Jarntt) Im going to drop voicing my feeling about bandwagon fans on a Cowboys board. Its pretty stupid of me.

Next, politics can never be argued cause people feel how they feel. Everyone has stats to prove their point. But you dont get $1000 per kid if you are on welfare. Right wingers like to act someone living in poverty actually getting $200 a month in food stamps is jumping around saying, "Id get a job but this welfare stuff is great". Like I said earlier, I learned to really understand some of the Republican beliefs but the MOST DISGUSTING FUCKING THING IN THE WORLD IS AMERICANS BLAMING POOR PEOPLE FOR THE ISSUES IN OUR COUNTRY. IT WAS SUCH A INCREDIBLY DEVIOUS STRATEGY BY THE WEALTHY TO GET AMERICANS TO ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS nonsense. ITS BEYOND IGNORANT AND IM STUPEFIED PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT SHIT. Now I have many dear Republican friends and politics on a sports board ALWAYS sucks. Ive seen many mistakes the Dems have made and equally on the Repub side. Both sides have their strengths and flaws. Neither has the panacea to fix all the issues in our society. BUT, AND THIS IS A BIG BUT, BLAMING POOR PEOPLE IS PROBABLY THE MOST DISTURBING THING THE REPUBLICAN PARTY EVER DID. ITS FUCKING SICK AND ITS SUCH COMPLETE BULLSHIT. Our tax dollars go to bailing out billion dollar businesses at a much higher rate then feeding hungry people.

Bailing out BILLIONAIRE is OK
Feeding hungry people is bad.

Great socities are based on how they take care of their poor. Not their rich. Thats the fundamental difference between Dems/Repubs.

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the excellent posters on this board (Jarntt, Colors, PDay, Fordman etc) I will drop the front runner schtick and NEVER bring up one more sentence on politics. Arguing football is fun... arguing politics SUCKS.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical liberal. When the facts don't agree with his position, he begins ranting and making shit up. People on wellfare do get money from the federal government for their children. It's called the child tax credit. I know some single mothers who get over $9,000 when they file their returns and its not because they paid that much in. It's because they have children who are eligible for food stamps and medicaid. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Here's the biggest fact that you cannot get around - poor people don't pay taxes. They might have some money withheld from their checks each week, but they get it all back at the end of the year. I'm not blaming the poor. I'm blaming progressive elitists who always think that the answer to solving the problem of poverty is to take other people's money and give it to the poor.

If you want to help the poor, then use your own money PE1. Billionaires don't owe you or anyone else a nickel. But do some checking sometime, you might just find out that those wealthy people that you seem to despise, actually give quite a bit to help the poor, even though you and your ilk are trying to bleed them dry through taxes. What you call a trillion dollar tax break just means that they will pay less than 50% of their income in taxes. They don't ever actually receive any money from the government like you do.

The exceptions, of course, were Obama's bailouts of the auto industry, the banking industry, and the housing industry. All Bush did was tell them they wouldn't have to pay as much. The wealthy, however, even under Bush's tax cuts, still paid more than 80% of all taxes.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Bleeding billionaires dry". Hahaha. Funny.

I have a really close friend who designed the AC unit for a major ball park. His wife called me up complaining about the tax rate for the wealthy. They have several Porsches, bought all their kids $300,000+ homes, have a multi million dollar house in Phoenix, a multi million dollar house in Aspen, a million dollar crib in the country. You should see there house too. Its incredible. They have this mini elevator in their 50 seat theater that takes your dirty dishes up to the kitchen. They have several homes they lease in Colorado and Whistler. Can you believe I really have to sit there and listen to them complain about paying too much in taxes. Man, it must be rough.

The one I respect the most is one of my kids step Dad. He's probably worth about 10 million in my guess. He had the decency to be honest with me. He told me the Republican strategy was to get the common American to think our issues are brought on by the poor. He said the tax rate isnt bad at all but they complain just to keep the scam going. He said I pay for EVERYTHING with my corporate credit card. He writes off EVERY dinner as a tax expense. He has one of his chicks living in one of his corporate houses he deducts. He can go to the SB in a lear jet and buy a $75,000 luxury box and write that all off on his taxes. The US has the 2nd lowest tax rate in the world for the rich once you include they incredible deductions they get. I mean Eiknarflin, you're compalining about a $1000 tax deduction for the poor but dont give a shit that he can claim dinner, one of his bitches houses, a $75,000 SUV or a vacation to the Super BOwl in a lear jet. MAN, WE ARE JUST BLEEDING THE RICH DRY!!

Last edited:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eik... we have to move this discussion to PMs. I will discuss politics with you but we cant do it at the expense of others on this board. I want you to also know I really really understand a lot of view points Republicans make. I dont think either side is right or wrong. Its just a different life philosophy. As I said, theres many Republicans I know and love. Send me a PM if you want to keep this going.