• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is overachiever/underachiever for your team this season?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch a lot of Dolphins football so I'm curious. What is it you think is the fundamental problem? Arm strength? Decision making? Situational awareness? It seems like he has been on the cusp of being quite good is whole career but can't get out of average.

Of course the coaching staff was holding his development back, so I'm not losing all faith yet. Next season will tell us the story. His arm strength is elite. That was one of the main reasons he was hyped in the draft. He's a freak athlete for sure. His decision making has been inconsistent. Earlier in the year, he broke the completion record completing 25 in a row, then he has games around 50% passing. It's very frustrating. The situational awareness hasn't been the best. There are times he holds the ball too long. One of the reasons he's the most sacked QB since entering the league. Overall, talent wise, he has top 10 potential, but the mental game has been bottom 10 at times. Hopefully the new coaching staff will be offense and QB friendly and be able to get the best out of him.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I missed that. My bad. Never heard of Cannon. I didn't think people ever expected much from Chandler.

Marcus Cannon is the Patriots' #3 tackle, at a huge cap number for a backup. When Nate Solder got hurt, thrusting him into a starting role, he got hurt almost immediately himself. Upon returning, he hasn't played well. There also has been angst as to which natural right tackle swings to the left side, Cannon or Vollmer? Both have been tried.

Other complications in the Cannon story include a failed stint at guard last season, and an underdog story in which he fell from the 1st to the 5th round due to lymphoma.

Based on off-season practice activities, there was high hope for Chandler in the red zone. He's been mediocre even there.

As for the rest of the team -- when a team is 12-2 despite a huge number of injuries, there probably aren't a lot of guys who stayed healthy yet disappointed when they played. But if you want to extend the list:

Some people would put LaFell on the underachiever list; indeed, for his first few games back from injury he surely belongs there. But I'm guessing he's just a guy who starts slowly.
Mayo has clearly underachieved, but we have hopes that this is just a slow injury recovery.
Vollmer has been rather meh swinging to the left side; some of us hoped for more.