• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who is overachiever/underachiever for your team this season?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks:

Overachiever: Doug Baldwin
Underachiever: Earl Thomas

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Could be easy to say Gordon but I'll give him a bit of a pass because he's a rookie and the OL has not given any of the Chargers RB's much of a chance this year. I'll say Flowers, got a new contract after his solid play last year and has not lived up to it.
Overachiever: It's between Verrett, Perryman, and Attaochu, some bright spots on the struggling defense. Verrett has been the best but I thought he could be a great, possibly elite CB. I'll go with Attaochu.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Demaryius Thomas, got paid in the offseason and now he has hands of stone

Overachiever: Shaq Barrett, any time he's gotten his chance this season he's shined.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Antwon Blake... Dude is awful. He is 5'9" and somehow Tomlin thought he was an outside CB. So far this season he has been rated as the 2nd worst CB in the NFL according to PFF. He was once the 1st, but has since been demoted and not stinking it up so much. He got 3 INT's earlier this year and somehow that kept him in the starting role until just 2 weeks ago, no matter how bad he has been. I would be interested to see if he has given up the most yards by any cornerback in the NFL. Anyone know where to find that sort of stat?

Dishonorable mention: Cortez Allen, Shamarko Thomas... Both were slated to be starters and got demoted to riding the pine. Allen got thrown on IR just to make room lol.

Overachiever: Easy choice is AB, but I'm goin with D'Angelo Williams... He has been a monster. In just 8 starts he has compiled 738yds rushing, 8 TDs, & 263yds receiving. That's an average of 92yds rushing, 1 TD & 32yds receiving per game! Not bad for a 32 year old running back that was signed to be a backup.

Honorable mention: Any O-lineman. The group has been solid despite losing 2 starters.
Couldn't agree more! AB was expected to be pretty damn good and he gave the team a lot more than expected but DW has surprised the entire league. I would also give a vote for Chris Boswell even though he hasn't been around very long.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd call Malcolm Butler an overachiever. His development has been steady and it's nice to see that he doesn't appear to be a one play fluke like David Tyree.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Antwon Blake... Dude is awful. He is 5'9" and somehow Tomlin thought he was an outside CB. So far this season he has been rated as the 2nd worst CB in the NFL according to PFF. He was once the 1st, but has since been demoted and not stinking it up so much. He got 3 INT's earlier this year and somehow that kept him in the starting role until just 2 weeks ago, no matter how bad he has been. I would be interested to see if he has given up the most yards by any cornerback in the NFL. Anyone know where to find that sort of stat?

Dishonorable mention: Cortez Allen, Shamarko Thomas... Both were slated to be starters and got demoted to riding the pine. Allen got thrown on IR just to make room lol.

Overachiever: Easy choice is AB, but I'm goin with D'Angelo Williams... He has been a monster. In just 8 starts he has compiled 738yds rushing, 8 TDs, & 263yds receiving. That's an average of 92yds rushing, 1 TD & 32yds receiving per game! Not bad for a 32 year old running back that was signed to be a backup.

Honorable mention: Any O-lineman. The group has been solid despite losing 2 starters.

Under...ditto.

To be fair on Shark...idk if under really fits. They moved up to get this kid in like the 3rd round so the expectations could not have been too high. I think they simply missed judged his talent...Dri Archer kinda fit this role as well.

Over...AB, Williams definitely. DWill might be the best FA signing of the year to be honest....league wide.

He hasn't played well enough consistently to be an over achiever, but Ross Cockrell signed off the scrap heap...logging starter mins basically as a rookie often taking the the WR1.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns

Underachiever: can i just list the entire defense?

Overachiever: easily Gary Barnidge and Travis Benjamin.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona:

Overachiever: MVPalmer. Most expected him to have a good year, but to be arguably the best QB in the NFL? He's gone above and beyond in having his best year ever this season.

Honorable Mention: Chris Johnson (sad injury cut short his season)

Underachiever: Calais Campbell.

Honorable Mention: Andre Ellington

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: Demaryius Thomas, got paid in the offseason and now he has hands of stone

Overachiever: Shaq Barrett, any time he's gotten his chance this season he's shined.
I agree on Thomas, way too many drops this year. He's definitely underachieving based on his contract.

For overachiever, Barrett is a good choice, but my pick would be Derek Wolfe. He's a run stopping machine and he's added in a pass rush for the 3-4 end spot. He's already got a career high in tackles and he's only played 9 games.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under: Tie between Hill (who has started to come around a bit) and Krikpatrick, who is one of the worst CB's in all of the NFL.

Over: Reggie Nelson. I think he leads the NFL in interceptions. He's a good defender, and plays that centerfield-type safety position very well, but I don't think he's THAT good in terms of actual coverage, and a few of his INT's have been tips where he was just in the right spot at the right time.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever goes to Edleman's foot, Gronk's knee and Lewis's ACL.

Overachiever clearly goes to Brady who was supposed to be benched.
And a shout out to the trainers hauling all the bodies off of the field

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Thomas, way too many drops this year. He's definitely underachieving based on his contract.

For overachiever, Barrett is a good choice, but my pick would be Derek Wolfe. He's a run stopping machine and he's added in a pass rush for the 3-4 end spot. He's already got a career high in tackles and he's only played 9 games.

I was just coming on this thread to put these very 2 guys.

Thomas has been a huge disappointment this year. His numbers are not terrible but when you pay a guy like we paid him you expect top of the line production or at least production within what he has been showing the last few years. I can remember plenty of plays where he cost us big time. I can't remember many plays where he has actually helped this team.

And you are right Derek Wolfe is quickly earning himself a nice contract. The man has had a lot of adversity with an almost career ending injury and then being suspended for the first 4 games of this season for PED's. I wouldn't have figured him to be a must resign player but now man I hope we get him locked up soon. In fewer games he is actually only 1 run stop (stop for 0 or less yards) behind JJ Watt.

Another I would add though just to be different is Darian Stewart. When we signed him most viewed him as the weakest link on our defense and a huge question mark. All he has done is make plays all over the field. He has that nice mix of athleticism and intelligence that you want in a FS.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just coming on this thread to put these very 2 guys.

Thomas has been a huge disappointment this year. His numbers are not terrible but when you pay a guy like we paid him you expect top of the line production or at least production within what he has been showing the last few years. I can remember plenty of plays where he cost us big time. I can't remember many plays where he has actually helped this team.

And you are right Derek Wolfe is quickly earning himself a nice contract. The man has had a lot of adversity with an almost career ending injury and then being suspended for the first 4 games of this season for PED's. I wouldn't have figured him to be a must resign player but now man I hope we get him locked up soon. In fewer games he is actually only 1 run stop (stop for 0 or less yards) behind JJ Watt.

Another I would add though just to be different is Darian Stewart. When we signed him most viewed him as the weakest link on our defense and a huge question mark. All he has done is make plays all over the field. He has that nice mix of athleticism and intelligence that you want in a FS.
HUGE fan of his.

Was great to watch him develop and shine at Cincinnati during his college days.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE fan of his.

Was great to watch him develop and shine at Cincinnati during his college days.

I was one of the few that really liked the pick. He just has a relentless motor. This season with us playing a more attacking 3-4 style defense it really does seem to be taking advantage of his skills with a great first step. Other than Von Miller not sure any other defensive player on our team has made more game changing plays on the defensive side of the ball.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers is easily the overachiever for the Chargers. I'm amazed he's not on injured reserve with all the injuries to the O-Line.

The underachiever to me is Gordon of course. I realize the O-Line has something to do with his lack of production, but the fumbling issues are scary. I really want the Spanos family to clean house at the end of the season. I just don't expect them to do so.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Chargers:
Overachievers: Nobody
Underachievers: The entire friggin' team

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underachiever: This goes to Devante Adams by a landslide. The guy was hyped up as a God by Rodgers and tubby Mike just like J. Finley and like Finley he choked away his potential. He's been injured, dropped two potential game winning TD's complains to refs, doesn't get open, sloppy routes and is one of the leaders in drop % in the NFL.

Dishonorable mentions: Eddie Lacy, WR corps, Josh Sitton (penalties), Nate Palmer

Overachiever: Peppers! I didn't expect the terminator to still destroy QB's but approaching double digit sacks for the season he's proven me wrong.

Honorable mention: Sam Shields, Rollins, Randall, and Ryan

Underachiever: I can agree with Adams, another for me is R. Rodgers (outside of Lions game). More was expected of these two this year and really not seeing that 2nd year jump (other than maybe R. Rodgers better blocker). Mashtay punting better as of late, but early/mid season he was on the hot seat... still not his same old self from a few years ago.

Overachiever: Agree on Randall, has played exceptional for rookie, also like D. Jones on DL (finally took a step). Tretter has been excellent at center with Linsley out. ST´s is no brainer... Janis is great on the punt coverage, he is flying down the field.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if my team doesn't have any over achievers?

Just a freakish bad season, I know the feeling this year....But season record aside, Witten always shows up and when Dez isn't on a tirade, he's a beast, and although Hardy needs anger management , he's a player as well...
Get Romo healthy and a real HC for next yr and it will be a much better result...:2cents:

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overachiever: Baldwin & Lockett
Underachiever: Kam (Holding out 2 weeks followed by being useless for his first week back)

If Williams & Michael were still on the team, it would be them.